Rehome Banwell March 3rd

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
sandy
Legendary Laner

Rehome Banwell March 3rd

Post by sandy »

Doing a rehome next sunday, have to get 4 hens for lady who has retired , had hens as a young girl and heard about me and ex batties from a mutual friend and another 4 for a proper Lady who wants to replenish her lost girls and give these girls a new life.
Just hope its not as cold and as wet as last time! I am not herding the girls I am trying to pass the partition to stop girls escaping from the front of the garage, one Amelia who i took for my friend kept leaping onto the money table!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Rehome Banwell March 3rd

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Sandy , people do not realise what you actually have to do any the rescues.
Think they come boxed and ready to go....
Thank you for food pacel , but please do not post it must cost more than what is in it .
Thank you again .
See you very soon .
Ring you nearer the date .
Bob
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Well done Sandy for taking such an active part in the process of rehoming these wonderful girls. I loved the photo - just brought home to me how many girls there are out there that need loving homes. You are doing a marvellous job in your volunteering and should be proud to be changing so many lives for the better.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

228 hens this time and only one poorly who soon perked up after being wrapped in a babys blanket and placed in a box for 30 minutes. I was having a little break ( a quick puff in my boot) inbetween rehomers when my friend who was chasing up late shows on her phone yelled at me ' a hens on the table'. Bless one girl had jumped up (Amelia had done the same last time) and was looking about probably interested in the brownies on the table so a quick dash to put her back in with the others. A lot of the girls were roosting on the tables supports underneath , they all were cosying upto one another having a breather from their ardous journey in the plastic crates. They all had homes thank goodness, I took four to one friend and four to another, a lovely older lady who has acres of land but we picked the windiest day ever and just fell about laughing pushing ourselves up the slope to get supplies and hens upto their new home.
Doing car parking duty in the wind and rain can be fun, had to stop the rehomers for horses then a girl on a bike frantically looking for a sheep! Asking the drivers if they had come for the hens(had to take signs down as they kept blowing away) realised flapping my arms like a bird they nodded and drove in the drive or looked confused and drove on {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/