Remembering my girls

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Remembering my girls

Post by albertajune »

As the summer starts and all the roses have buds on them, I remember all my long gone girls with some sadness. Each one has a rose in my garden, planted when they left. They do bring back fond memories but also some sadness as they were so beautiful, especially my little Rosie who was the last to go. Her rose Sweet Dreams should be in flower soon and then she can come in doors where she always wanted to be.
Love reading about all your chickens and the joy, as well as the worry that they give you. Not forgetting the eggs of course.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.

Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Remembering my girls

Post by Freeranger »

That's a lovely thing to do, AJ - wish we'd thought of that or similar for our girls.
We put Primo and Donna underneath the paving slab where they used to sunbathe, so they could still catch the rays on their side of the Bridge.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , Memories.
I fortunately have still my flock and some of the things just make me remember past hens .
I am so glad I got them all.
Bob
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Ah June, that's lovely {hug} I got little slate plaques made when my first girls started to go but it was getting a bit expensive so now I just write their names on a large pebble and they're under the apple tree as a lovely reminder )t(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

{hug} {hug}
Gone but not forgotten.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

June what a lovely way to remember your girls. I write a little memorial and right on the beams in their run, no where near as lovely as your remembrance
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

What a lovely way to remember the girls. We buried ours in the veggie plot, where they loved to poke around. After one year of ruining the garden, we gave them a temporary run, which we moved around the lawn.

Lizzie was from our first three, and the one I loved the most. She was nosey, escaped the first morning we got her, and such a character.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

We all remember our girls in different ways. Lovely to know that they were so special that they like people and other pets will always be remembered. Not only do I miss my girls but that part of my life that has gone.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

{hug} {hug}
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Such lovely ways everyone has of remembering their girls (not that they would ever be forgotten). There is a tinge of sadness to this post, but it is also so heartwarming to know that you have all cared for your hens and given them love and fantastic lives.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , may I add that not only have my flock made a difference to me but most of the street as well .
From running around the front garden to waking them up before light.
Bob