300 girls

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
sandy
Legendary Laner

300 girls

Post by sandy »

well it rained but in our new rehoming venue the girls were nice and dry in the huge magnificient barn well i didnt have a piece of clothing that was dry when i finally finished washing 24 crates outside in the elements as we had two new helpers who were in the dry with the hens , bless they were at least 40 years younger than me!!!!!
When i did get in the dry bless one little girl had a hunchback which made her hold her head on its side and one girl couldnt use one leg and was sort of hopping but luckly one of us was able to thake them home and they are both doing well.
Roll on 2 weeks when more girls are breaking out, but please dont rain this time :-D
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: 300 girls

Post by kitla »

I suppose the rain is a bit of a shock for them, something else they've never experienced.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I do admire all the people who help with the rehoming of these poor girls. Glad it is going well. )app(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Another well done from me, Sandy. )like(
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Yes, well done, Sandy. I really appreciate it that there are people who'll do this, come rain, hail or shine. Thank you.