Gloomy Weather!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Gloomy Weather!

Post by KathJ »

Does anyone else think this gloomy weather we've been having is having an effect on their girls? At this time of year they're normally out and about until 10ish at night but they've been going in about 8 o'clock sometime earlier because it's so dark and not coming out so early in the morning. Our egg production has definitely dropped and a couple of our girls have been laying softies {cry}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx

kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Gloomy Weather!

Post by kitla »

I reckon so,my old girls tend to go to bed early anyway but its even earlier in the bad weather, sometimes 6 oclock! In the morning Bill wanders around on his own for quite a while. Eggs are an occasional luxury for us now but perhaps the softies are due to lack of vit D? I wonder if a bit of cod liver oil may help or some "shell aid" in their water.
I heard the sun will be shining this weekend! )app(
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Gloomy Weather!

Post by Mo »

kitla wrote:I heard the sun will be shining this weekend!
Followed be thunder storms and heavy rain Sun Afternoon and Mon, in the NW at least
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire