Worming

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Worming

Post by KathJ »

I'm currently worming my girls with Flub. Does anyone know how this process works? Does it 'expel' any worms they may currently have? I do worm them regularly and they've shown no signs but we've just noticed a poo that looked like it could contain some so I was just wondering!
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Worming

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

clean them to be safe .
week at least on the feed.
I give treats in afternoon when they have eat.
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I think what it does Kath is kills the worms, then they are expelled by the hens. I've never seen live worms in post-flub poop, only before (hence the flub!) My lot are being wormed as Dory did a wriggly cecal poo.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Yes, thanks Karen
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx