Where in London can I buy Chicken Feed?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
OldForum
Lively Laner

Where in London can I buy Chicken Feed?

Post by OldForum »

huntertitis
I am 90% decided on getting some chickens now Wandsworth council told me there are no laws against it - I am making an offer to a lady selling a very well made coop and now need lots of wire netting / chicken wire and all the other equipment. She is also selling a pig trough which may be good for feed or for water for the birds. Does anyone know where in London I can get feed, bark chippings etc and if anyone has a comprehensive list of what one should buy so when the chooks arrive all is ready for them? And do you put sawdust or straw in the laying boxes and do you put anything on the floor of the henhouse? btw this forum has been such fun to read and very informative. I will keep you all informed on how I do and what happens next. My daughter is thrilled at the idea of keeping hens, but my wife and 2 sons are looking at me as if I have gone stark, staring mad. I think they may be right.

chickpea
Marriage's deliver livestock feed (including organic if that's what you want) to anywhere in the south of England. www.marriagefeeds.co.uk

Richard
You could try phoning 'The City Farm' and ask them.

http://www.aapi.co.uk/cityfarm/home.htm