new additions. Again!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
bettysue
Lively Laner

new additions. Again!

Post by bettysue »

This chicken keeping is to addictive! We started with two and now have six because when i got the middle two there was some nice white ones on the farm so although we managed to resist the temptation at the time the sun was shining and the four we had looked settled and we had three eggs yesterday.......... i know, not sure who I'm trying to convince but to cut it short have now got two white "amber lynx" additions. Really have to stop now really have no more room!

Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Didn't you have any problems settling them in together? If not then please share your secret! We want more but are a bit worried about the punch ups! :shock:
Last edited by Willow on 30 Jul 2007, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
wendy

Post by wendy »

Same here Willow, the time is getting nearer to my girls coming.
Yes, they do get addictive. That's why I am asking LOL
Wendy
Last edited by wendy on 30 Jul 2007, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
bettysue
Lively Laner

Post by bettysue »

yes they don't like new comers and turn into thugs attacking the new ones. because of the noise and i don't want to upset the neighbours and they are in a run so space is limited i keep the new ones in seperate run alongside so they get used to seeing each other then after few days put them together at night then put them in run when they 're settled. There's still a bit of fighting but thats to be expected. If you've got plenty of room for them you will find it easier because they will be able to stay out of each others way.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

They're taking over the world!!!!!

Well, don't say we don't warn people about this :-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome