Runny Poo!!Sorry!!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Al B
Lively Laner

Runny Poo!!Sorry!!

Post by Al B »

One of my girls is doing some really runny poos! It was all over the wall of the coop this morning then she did another one when I let her out. I have used vermex but this was over a week ago. She is eating ok and seems bright and alert. They have not had anything unusual to eat so can't nail it down to this. Is there anything i can give her to help 'firm things up a bit'??Should I be worried at this stage?

Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

When I first got my girls they had quite a lot of runny Poo and I must admit I panicked.. but I think in hindsight it was the total change of surroundings and access to fresh food (grass, veg, fruit, bugs worms etc) that may have upset them for the first few days..
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Some of mine still do runny poos and I was told it can be to do with the rich food, bugs, slugs etc.

If yours don't have access to this, then have you tried charcoal?? It helps with digestion, and it's firmed up the poo in mine before now. You should be able to get it from the pet shop easily enough
Small steps lead to big changes
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

we all get squity sometimes!
it should pass just keep an eye on it
she may have eat something to rich
for her
if they have the run of the garden they will eat all sorts of things
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
wendy

Post by wendy »

Cabbage makes mine have a runny tummy.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning