Beak trimming

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Willow
Legendary Laner

Beak trimming

Post by Willow »

I did a lot of browsing yesterday and wish I hadnt come across a sort of anti KFC site... I watched a bit of a film clip of the babies beaks getting 'trimmed' - It made me feel sick to the stomach and so ashamed of belonging to a race that can condone such cruelty.. You are right Mel and Wendy - we can never make it up to them - I just cant get it out of my head... horrible... :( :cry:
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein

Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

...yes it is horrible, and yes we do carry out some awful things as a race.
However, you must remember that we are not all the same, and there are many others that feel the same way as us lot on here.
(Mind you, I'd like to work the cretins over with a hot poker!!)
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

I would love to get hold of the sick individual who thought of it to begin with!!
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
melons
Legendary Laner

beaks

Post by melons »

I can hide the bodies here at work, we could do with a few extra. Only joking, but really.........who is it that sets out to work in a morning to do that all day?? :cry: )gr:

I'm so used to my girls, hens with beaks look really weird to me now :cry:
Cheers
mel x
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

How come it is allowed?? Surely it should be illegal?
Apperently the birds feel acute pain and some go into shock so badly they can die from it!! Its as though someone cut our fingertips off.. I dont understand why tail and ear docking in dogs is now illegal but this isnt??
Last edited by Willow on 25 Sep 2007, 14:36, edited 2 times in total.

Albert Einstein
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

...I am a firm believer in that you reap what you sow - hopefully, something horrible will happen to the awful people who do this. )tt;
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

yeah - KFC do lots of nasty things - PETA have lots of info )tt;
Small steps lead to big changes
wendy

Post by wendy »

Get in there and complain, lobby, make a nuisance, sign campaigns. If we all do something in the end they won't be able to ignore us.
I fear it won't happen in my lifetime, but hopefully I have got the younger ones into doing the same.
We will get there [or overcome as some great man said]
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning