light moveable chook runs

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Willow
Legendary Laner

light moveable chook runs

Post by Willow »

I've read several articles on the net on making huge round movable runs with plastic piping..
I suppose you could make any size and shape using the joints available and plastic netting could easily be attached with wire or string.. (Its like a huge kids building set)
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein

Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

...are you going to make one???

Let us know how you do it!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

You mean a kind of large Gerbil Cage setup?

Sounds interesting.

I contemplated a funnel/tunnel from the main chicken shed to their run.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Hi - It wouldnt be any good for me as I need a huge permanent one but it really cant be that difficult..
1.5" plastic piping, easily cut to whatever length is needed,, and the simple push in joints, available in a huge no. of variations ie. elbow joints for the corners - 'T' joints for fitting down pieces etc etc... they could be glued but should be ok without ..
The chap on one site made a massive round pen by making two circles of the plastic pipe using straight joints and connected the top and bottom circle by using 'T' joints and straight pipe pieces.. the lot was then surrounded with wire.. or why not plastic mesh???

http://home.centurytel.net/thecitychick ... story.html

http://www.utm.edu/departments/cece/idea/mopens.shtml
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein