Mrs B's Wild Chicks

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Mrs B's Wild Chicks

Post by sandy »

I dream of a hose over our stream, nextdoor set one up but it wont reach my girls house by 5 ft or so, so inconsiderate of him
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wow MrsB that is one very rotund squirrel!

You do make me giggle and you too Sandy {rofwl} {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

fatso needs to go to squirrel bot camp he is one hefty tufty {rofwl}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Cleaned cube yesterday, guess what diarhea squirted all over door and a softie over their clean rungs }hairout{
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

After work the sun was shining so armed with my book, suduko, mobile phone etc I sat down in the chicken garden with my flock. No sooner had I got settled than the rain started. I avoided the rain by sitting in the run :oops: while Wild Chicks roamed the garden, you can see why everyone thinks I am a mad chicken woman

I popped into town getting all excited that The Works had the plastic floral bunting in stock again. I am standing in the queue and my WI president stands next to me points at my basket full of bunting and asks if I am having a garden party. Why didn't I lie and say yes instead of telling her the bunting was for the chickens :oops: >du<

The bunting is plastic around 5m long and just 99p )t' , I also bought a plastic tree spinner which no doubt Fatso squirrel will throw out of the tree.

Wild Chicks were very well behaved today, that is worrying I wonder what they are plotting.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I'm sure your ladies will love their bunting Mrs B, so what if the WI president now thinks you're a loony. {rofwl}
That really is a fat squirrel you have there, he's obviously onto a good thing in your garden )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Your tales of the Wild Chicks are so funny Mrs B its very easy to picture with how you describe it :-D
I could vision you in the run and the Wild Chicks running round the garden, i hope they arnt plotting to lock you in, are the catches high enough so they cant reach them yike*
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Linda the rotters did shut me in the run once, luckily I had a screwdriver in my pocket so manage to prod the latch open again.

They tried to look innocent but clearly did it deliberately.

I shall try to get some photos tomorrow.

I am not talking to the $%£^&*I& badger as the swine has dug up half of my daffodil bulbs. If he doesn't change his ways I shall stick the woodpecker in his hole.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

{rofwl} {rofwl}
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

Mrs B wrote:I am not talking to the $%£^&*I& badger as the swine has dug up half of my daffodil bulbs. If he doesn't change his ways I shall stick the woodpecker in his hole.

yike* >dowhat< {rofwl} {rofwl}

mrs b you have a way with words that split my side with laughter ,you could always use fatso to bung up his hole :)
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Mrs B they are ALWAYS plotting {rofwl} I am worming from today, the lovely Sarabee had a lot of pellets over so I went and relieved her of them

Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Sandy, I ordered my wormer yesterday so no doubt will get the lengthy pone call with instructions on how to use it on Monday. Oh, and our planning application has been passed, we are supposed to re-site the Walk-in-Run within 3 years but will have moved by then anyway so :b( to them.

Today if the rain holds off I am planning to repaint the Walk-in-Run, I was going to change the colour but found half a tin of the original sea green in the garage so will use that up. I am also going to redo the "double glazing" panels.

I shall update the diary later with tales of Wild Chicks capers.

Note the blooming K key is sticking now, this laptop was a really bad buy
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Mrs B you do make me laugh {rofwl}

Don't tell anyone but I have also sat in the chicken run whilst it was raining and the chickens were running around the garden. Mine haven't quite reached the naughty stage of shutting me in there yet!
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I have the most annoying chickens in the world.

I let them out to FR while I was painting the Walk-in-Run. Did they want to run around the lawn, bathe in the flowerbeds and root around the compost bins? Did they &@!!s. The whole flock decided to help me with the painting, I have paint in my hair from when I rugby tackled Delia to stop her drinking the paint, paint all over my coat as Dot paddled in the paint lid then climbed all over me. Mogwai and Weedol both have paint all over one wing where they brushed against the run.

Worst of all Elvira wanted to lay so was hogging the nest box, Mogwai decided she was next in line so attacked anyone who tried to queue jump poor Amelia got a right pasting )de: . It ended with 6 chooks screaming to lay so I chucked them all back in the run in the hope they would calm down ... that plan failed it was an hour before they all settled down }hairout{ . Sometimes i wish I had stuck to keeping hamsters

I managed to get most of the run painted and redid half of the "double glazing", I will finish it off on Tuesday (or tomorrow if I get time). The run looked so nice after being painted that I put up all the new bunting, it looks lovely now. Just need some pretty things for the side of the run where the cube is sited.