Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Aishakalis Chix

Post by Benny&Co »

Awww Lyn, wonderful pictures and love the no don't think we'll bother one! :-D

Such little characters aren't they hey >ch< {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Snow coming down thick and fast nearly all day. The girls popped out of the run for about a minute then turned round and walked back in in digust :? Can't say I blame them. Sat in the run with them for an hour today, cold but not too bad, 2 thick jumpers and a fleece on worked. 3 eggs yesterday and 2 today so they are doing well :-D They seem to be getting on much better now, just the occasional jab from Sal and Rose. Heidi must have had a brainstorm today, she pecked Sals bum >dowhat< don't think she realised what she had done. Sal wasn't amused and told her off in no uncertain terms. If a hen can look embarassed, Heidi certainly did :oops: {rofwl}
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Good old Heidi, just seeing what it will be like if she ever gets to top hen? Our snow has just started, just when our side roads had melted and I had shaken off the snow from the girl's roof }hairout{
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Just realised that Sweetie doesn't flick her wattle into her beak anymore. When she first came home it was happening all the time. She has one wattle a lot longer than the other and she used to walk around and eat with it in her beak. When I asked on here nobody answered so I presume no one had experience of it before. I'm wondering if a hen can have a comfort habit >coc< A bit like Michelle (daughter) having a scrap of blanket she stuffed into her mouth when she was little. Anyway it's been ages since I noticed her doing it so perhaps she's now settled and happy :-D ( I mean Sweetie not Michelle >dum< ) 3 eggs today {hug}
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh bless Sweetie(and Georgina) I have never heared of that with a wattle? My Iris cant see when she has yoghurt as she gets it over her wattles,shakes it off and they stick to her head!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

{rofwl} {rofwl} I've got this picture in my head now of Sweetie and Georgina stood there with Sweeties wattle in her mouth and Georginas over her head looking confused and cross eyed {rofwl}
LYN
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

aishakali wrote:{rofwl} {rofwl} I've got this picture in my head now of Sweetie and Georgina stood there with Sweeties wattle in her mouth and Georginas over her head looking confused and cross eyed {rofwl}

(For Georgina read Iris doh! >dum< , Sandy you are confusing me :? )
LYN
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

My little beauties gave me 4 eggs today :-D I wonder if the thrill of collecting the eggs ever goes away. They look so pretty lying in the nest box in a little circle. How do they manage to lay without breaking the others?? clever girls {hug} Gave them some mealworms to say thank you. Freezing here today but the run is a lot warmer than outside, prob as its sheltered on 3 sides, and the girls seem fine :-D .
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw I am sorry for Georgina read Michelle :oops: It has got warmer here, snow melted but bought the water drinkers upto the house cause don't trust weather forecasts.

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Raining most of the day so the girls only went into the garden for about half an hour. Nothing exciting happening apart from changing the pop hole to close at 5.30 instead of 5.15, I don't get out much! >dum<
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

It's been really damp here too Lyn, urrgh, mud mud and more mud!

Mind you a certain Benny-boy loves the mud! {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

aishakali wrote:My little beauties gave me 4 eggs today :-D I wonder if the thrill of collecting the eggs ever goes away. They look so pretty lying in the nest box in a little circle. How do they manage to lay without breaking the others?? clever girls {hug}

I don't think the thrill will ever go away Lyn :-D

They are such clever little ladies aren't they, not breaking the other eggs {hug}
Bev x

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

4 eggs today! Collected 3 from the nest box then poo picked the coop and run, quite a nice sunnyish day today, bit windy though. Sat on the bench in the run with the girls, the door was open for them to go in the garden but they prefered to stay with mum {hug}. Sweetie started running around like the proverbial headless chicken and making a racket, up into the coop, 2 mins down again, then up again, down. It was obvious she wanted to lay but I think she thought she may miss something if she went into the coop >dum< Then right in front of me she laid her egg :-D It fell onto the concrete part of the run but it didn't break. The others showed a bit too much interest so I quickly retrieved it. That's the first time I've witnessed one of my chix laying and I felt quite honoured. After she had laid, Sweetie was back to normal nicking the cabbage from the others beaks and running and whining like she does. I do love that funny little hen {hug} {hug}
LYN
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I had the moment this week too Lyn , when you saw an egg arrive, for me it was my coucou maran , Iknew to wait in the shed a moment or two as she was on her feet in the nest box with every feather puffed out , then the final little chicken noise and there was my lovely girls beautiful brown egg.
If the day dawns when I am not dissappointed if there isn't an early morning egg or realy happy when I go mid morning for the cleaning session and find someone has left a gift in the nest box, then I think that will be the time to give up. Can't see it happening myself x
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Sweetie sounds a right character )t' It is funny when they need to lay but don't want to miss anything, who says they are dumb!