Aishakalis Chix

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Aishakalis Chix

Post by sandy »

I expect you are on hols now? Well done Sweetie for getting better so your mummy can go away and enjoy her hols without fretting about you. Lyn if you are ever really desperate it isn't too far to transport the girls in darkened cages )x(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

sandy wrote: Lyn if you are ever really desperate it isn't too far to transport the girls in darkened cages )x(

Thanks Sandy, the thought much appreciated {hug}
I think I have found a little gem in our elderly neighbour. Got home to the girls being absolutely fine. Coop nice and clean and he had even bought some corn as he thought it wouldn't last till we came home :-D Years ago he kept around 50 bantams so my tiny flock of 4 was a piece of cake, even though he's over 80. Roland said he'd see to the girls anytime and that he enjoyed it, so that's a load and a half off my mind )c(

Milli has decided to go broody again )gr: Second time since we got her at the end of September :?
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Glad you had a good holiday. Now then if Roland is a pensioner he can travel for free? He can get a bus to Bath bus station then onto Bristol bus station then onto me, he will have to walk 1/4 mile from the bus stop as our main town bus has been cancelled {mr.angry} Oh you lucky lucky girl. If I go away for 2 days I return to 2 days poo, if I go away for 10 days I return to 10 days poo! Milli why go broody now? you are in your nestbox so much this time of year you silly girl
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Sandy if only Roland had wings )b( Milli is now out of broodiness :-D Doesn't take long for her to come out of it, though she gets pretty pecky when she is lol. Had to give my little darling Sweetie a bum bath yesterday, very mucky. She has stopped laying proper eggs and just does softies now and again. In 14 months she has hardly missed a day giving an egg so I reckon she deserves retirement now. Tatty Sal still lays a softie now and again but she's got the hang of it bless her, just pops em out, eats the yolk and Bobs yer uncle!Fingers crossed she doesn't get any problems >fi<
LYN
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Bit of an emergency today but a comical one :-D watching the chooks in the garden out of the window today. Molli likes to jump onto the edge of an urn like pot to keep out of the way of the bossy big girls. Suddenly she disappeared into the urn >dowhat< All I could see was this little head appearing and disappearing. Rushed down the garden and she was stuck in it! It was too narrow for her to get enough oomph to jump out bless her. She looked so relieved when I lifted her out {hug}
The girls are still separated but I'm taking the partition down for a while each day. Can't see it coming down permanently though :? Too worried the little ones, especially Molli, would get hurt. Other than that all is fine >fi<
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

OMG Molli yike* Good job you were about Lyn, I know it properly wasn't appropiate but bet it would have made a good photo

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

If I'd had my camera handy I would have taken one lol, but I just wanted to get her out of the pot! Offending pots are now turned over and a pole placed across them for a perch )t'
LYN
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Today my Sweetie layed an egg :-D Intact, very thin shell but a proper egg!! First one for 6 weeks and I don't know whether I should be pleased or not :? Had hoped she'd finished laying and would have an easy ride egg wise, but no, the little minx reckons she's not over the hill just yet {hug}
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Sweetie is just giving you a post xmas pressie )x( Lets hope her new years resolution is no egging

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

My 4 girls are spending more and more time together now. Milli and Molli have been home for 3 months now so it's not exactly been a quick intro :? I take the partition down at around 9.30am and they mix in the runs and garden until 2pm'ish. Doesn't seem to be as much chasing of poor little Molli and she seems to be getting a bit more confident around Sal and Sweets (she actually dust bathed with them the other day while I held my breath till I was nearly blue!) Although she's always watching them in case she has to make as quick a getaway as she can. Because of her feathery feet, her quick getaway is as many hops and low flying as she can manage bless her. I really don't think they will be together permanently though. I have awful images of the little ones in the same coop being stepped on or pecked and really hurt. So separate coops and mingle in the daytime is the way I'm going I think.
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Glad they are mixing well, it does make me laugh that a top girl and a bottom girl who spend a lot of time chasing/running will totally ignore one another while dustbathing! Dont give up hope of Milli mixing totally, had another look at her picture she is bigger than silkiebabe nextdoor and she has no choice bless her newbies get thrown in with her yike*

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

I agree with sandy lyn don't give up hope as the little ones seem to suddenly come into their own and grow huge personalities and seem to be bold all of a sudden I worried over delphine mercilessly and all of a sudden she rose up the ranks and bossed the ex batts around lol and a sofr my teeny tiny little fleur well she bokks the big huge grey gilrs out of the way and muscles her way into the huddle and takes no rubbish from anyone she is very vocal and has much to say about everything and I just tend to "throw" them in at the deep end I think they cope much better with it than us to be honest )t' one day they will all be together and you wont have noticed it happening and I know exactly what you mean regarding the hop jump run a bit then hop again and throw in a jump for good measure running you mean fleur is hilarious to watch when running as is delphine my little hovercraft zoomer lol
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

After what you have both said, I'm tempted to take the partition down for 24 hours and see if the teenys survive :? The other problem is cannibal Sal. She eats her own soft egg every morning and breaks and eats Sweeties thin shelled egg too if she can }hairout{ Will she break Mollis egg? Both Sweets and Sal absolutely love the teenys coop so I can see them taking it over if its available to them. Spose the only way I'm going to find out is to leave them to it! Will try tomorro >dum< (I think!)
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Good luck Lyn, as you well know it takes a lot of patience {hug} Does Sal try and eat 'normal' eggs? If she dosent I should think the others eggs would be fine?

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

did you dare to try it lyn hope it went well if so let us know )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx