Julie's Feathered Friends

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Julie's Feathered Friends

Post by sandy »

Don't worry all of ours are yuk with this weather, really looking forward to have my girls up passed 4.30 pm
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

Oh wow I love your set up especially the Here come the girls sign and the bunting and lights, its so welcoming, mine looks like stalag 19 compared to your, but you have given me lots of ideas for when I sort out my new set up, I am getting excited now thinking about it )t' I did get a slate sign that says Welcome to Cluckingham Palace on it, so that is going on the door when I get my shed :-D
I am also jealous of the fact that you have grass, my garden is so trashed I could cry, I am going to really get it sorted over the spring and summer though ( if we get a summer this year)
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Thank you everyone. As for the grass it was laid new at the end of the summer as my garden was trashed, thats how it looks so good. My previous girls (sadly lost to a fox) were allowed free reign in the garden and it was totally demolished so the girls i have now are not allowed to free range so they are safe and its had a good effect on the garden to. I keep toying with letting them out for a little while before bed but I worry that once out they will go mad to be out all of the time, my other girls were very vocal if they didn't get out.
Julie x
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I do think maybe 'what you never had you will never miss' does come into this Julie but after the horrible experience of last year I am not in the least surprised that your new girls spend their days in their lovely run, see how you feel come the summer x
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

I treat my lot (well, me really :oops: ) to letting them have half an hour or so in a netted off area next to the run when i have time to sit with them. That way they think they're FR {rofwl} , only a bit of the garden gets trashed, they're safe being watched and I get the pleasure of watching them )t'
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Millie my little Milliefluer (adventurous name I know) was being extra friendly today when i went out to see the girls. She was almost dog like as she turned her little head as i scratched her neck and stroked her. She is so friendly and i think she is the bottom of the pecking order, I wish you could house train hens i'd bring her into the house! {rofwl} Here is a pic of her, this wasn't taken today but just to show you her +f+

Julie x
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

She is gorgeous, what beautiful colours and markings )t'
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Wow beautiful looking hen )t'
[center][/center]Davina
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

She's amazing, beautiful girl :-D
LYN
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

she is amazing what beautiful colours and markings envy}} its lovely when they enjoy their one on one time with us , the trust in their little feathery faces makes me well up {hug} lovely photograph ,what colour eggs does she lay julieann
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

The look on her face is brilliant )t' Who says chickens cannot express themself
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

aceface wrote:she is amazing what beautiful colours and markings envy}} its lovely when they enjoy their one on one time with us , the trust in their little feathery faces makes me well up {hug} lovely photograph ,what colour eggs does she lay julieann

She lays small creamy white ones. One that she layed was nearly the size of the big girls eggs, I knew it wasn't thiers by the colour. It turned out to be a double yoker; Ive warned her not to work that hard again as I'm worried about her poor little bum! yike*
Julie x
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

What a week, it's been so cold! Ive given the birds corn every day to warm thier tums and warm water to delay the freezing process as well as warming them; they seem to like the warm water.

Had a bit of a do at 2am this morning. I was on my way to the bathroom when i heard the chooks making quite a noise. I ran to the back door but couldn't see anything. I donned the fleecy dressing gown, chicken shoes and off I went down the garden to investigate. I couldn't see anything that might be bothering them and as they were still being noisy I opened the coop to check things out. Betty Boop was followed out into the run by the silkies, the pekins stayed put. Nothing untoward was evident :? Betty was the one continuing to be really vocal, she sounded alarmed! She soon settled but they wouldn't go back in the coop so I had to chuck some corn in; that worked! Now bear in mind I was on the way to the bathroom so i was in a desperate state myself, I considered protecting the run as some men do (against foxes) but then then realised male hormones play a part in the protection against predators so did the ladylike thing and went back indoors to the little girls room. My neighbours are probably thinking I'm nutty being in the chicken run in the middle of the night so goodness knows what they would have thought if they'd seen me 'protecting the run' {rofwl} No more noise for the rest of the night although I didn't sleep to soundly when I went back to bed. chooks alright and happy this morning. Maybe Mr fox was on the prowl for easy food in this harsh weather.
Julie x
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

OMG 2.00am bet you were freezing! I expect it was a fox I don't know if hens can smell that well?Anyone know? I have actually been caught short and have layed a deterrent, neighbour did do the honours but didn't make any difference. I am looking forward to a picture of your chicken shoes? Are they yellow with a beak {rofwl}