Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Oh bless - they are adorable and they really look like they are ready for bed.

stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Gorgeous girls Sandy.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Thanks guys, even if they are not my official girls, they ain;t so cute when you are trying to get them into bed, Miriam keeps clinging onto my arm for dear life!
All Pink Ladies well, Audders back in coop again with Honey so poor Fay still alone on the outside perch.
Must get the roof sorted yet AGAIN , doing a rehome and you never know may end up with some leftovers +f+
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Spoilt girls - lucky to have you, Sandy
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

OMG Honeybun laid her first 'normal' egg in months, she was in laying at 8.30am so of course I was worried mum. She has had some weird eggs and broken ones in the past couple of months leaving me hoping she would just give up the practice altogether. Just before 10 she came out all bouncing and still a bit croaky, so pleased to find her egg, phew.
OMG Lottie has gone broody again }hairout{ my lovely little sweet girlie is back to vicious finger pecking raptor.
Now this is a weird thing, Rita spent a lot of time doing broody noises without actually becoming broody and since yesterday Fay is doing the same. Gone are the sweet noises from her, she is also running about like a broody heading back to the nest but she dosent, and she is laying >coc< Is this a Woo thing I wonder?
Tonight at around 7.30pm the Peds went beserk, they all huddled into a corner, crouching down. I went into check out for any intruders, then heard the noise. High above , well some not that high, were the evening balloons from the festival weekend. Bless the Peds obviously were freaked out by such large birds of prey.
Now the Pink Ladies had an intruder in the week, I heard a scuttling between the wire and the roof, looked up to see what I at first thought was a small mouse, but then it got out of the small holes in the wire and flew off, BAT!
Miriam is back sneezing again, tried her on the tylanin the blackberry but failed and Rita and Jen ate them.
Everyone else doing well
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I think it's a Woo thing Sandy, Dory Grey is the same. Runs around the garden clucking like crazy, trying to decide where to lay her egg and then spends ages fussing around in the nestbox. Then when she's laid she's in and out and in and out, honestly these Woos.

A bat!! How wonderful! They're protected so let's hope the raptors don't grab hold of it. My next door neighbour told me he'd seen bats coming out of our coop roof, which is brilliant if true as I assume they aren't Vampire Bats!!! yike*
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Rumblings in the roof again tonight, may well be batties? Ratties def in the cube area yike* found rat poo or quite big mouse droppings. Moved Lottie and Dottie back to their eglu area, put a new dustbath under the eglu so they will have some nice dry soil when they get flooded. Lottie broody but despite this and the fact she and Dottie have lived in this area for over a year neither of them could manage to get themselves to bed so had to bungle them both in!
This morning no poo anywhere, hmmmm. HOney's breathing not good this morning no hen vets free for ages, one on hols one works term time wont see any other vet, waste of time so metacam on prawn cat food for my darling.
Lottie gone off of broodiness today, that was a short one! Fay is doing a weird Woo brood, she was in on the bench making the broody noises very loudly, oh I wish I had had my camera she was fluffled up and look just like a turkey with her back feathers and tail in a big fan. She had laid and came out for treats and slept on the perch outside again, these Woos are just very odd!
Ah well lifes never dull with my girls

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Honeybun not good today, she jumped on the cube she is eating and drinking but practically ignores me so a listen to here chest confirms still rattly, metacam on prawn cat food again, she is beginning to lose some under feathers, still moulting, really? Audders has also now started moulting. Fay is completely bonkers , she seems to think she is a turkey. Lottie back again after a brief stop to being broody!
Peds fine,,even their Woo Rita

stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

I hope Honeybun gets better soon Sandy and the moulting and brooding quietens down. Although still at the burst cushion phase of moulting Hamble has started laying again. Whats a Woo - I hear lots of you talk about them and cant get my head round what you mean :?
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Whats a Woo - I hear lots of you talk about them and cant get my head round what you mean :?

Ah, there hangs a tale, I'll try and make it short.

If you read HenPen's diary, you will know she has a girl called Wiggy, who is a Skyline which is a legbar hybrid and has the typical legbar tuft of feathers that looks like a wig. Wiggy is full of character, amusing and quirky and Sandy and I are her godmothers (yes, we are all bonkers) as we all love her to bits. HP's nickname for Wiggy is Wiggy Woo. When I got Dory Grey who is a cream legbar, I saw a lot of similar characteristics to Wiggy as Dory is also bonkers, flighty and comical. So clearly there is a Wiggy Woo gene in the legbars, and Sandy has noticed the same in her Fay and in Rita. So as a shortcut we now call all these cream legbars and skylines a Woo for short. It has even become a verb, to describe the way these girls act ie my Dory Grey woos around the garden, which basically means she flaps and runs and panics around everywhere. If you ever get a cream legbar or skyuline, you will know immediately what a Woo is! :-D
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

I had two and I did not know it . Now one unfortunately. Every flock should have one (rescued) they run around , flap and panic at the sight of anything different.
Great fun to watch .
Bob
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Thanks so much Karen. Now I know )t'
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

How is Honeybun Sandy?
Amber.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Actually I have 2 woo`s as originally had 3 and lost one . One has white check the other has dark .
Bob
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Oh no, Sandy, I am so sorry to hear about Honeybun. What terribly sad news. Of course, like all your girls, she was so very lucky to have come into your care - but I am just so sorry for you, as I know she was very dear to you. {hug} Take care, see you soon