Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by sandy »

Girls most impressed they could have their breakfast in daylight today. But where was that Amanda-Jayne? Hmmm being a bit of a wuss off to open up the neighbours. Still no AJ so off to replenish the waters then poo pick. Okay this is silly so off to the cube and AJ was laying an egg first in ages :-D Changed their calendar and wall chart and time for Aj's massage, if it was hot and sunny she would not get her bare chest sunburnt as she had had a mud pack on it. Very liquidy but gasped when tipping so left well alone and rejoiced at the sun. (H)Adrian and the rest of his wall appeared in the late afternoon which we took down to the girls. Biggest compliment I have had, he said I was just like Barbara Good +f+ He was genuinely interested in the girls wanted to know their names and held AJ and stroked her. Bed already, locked and poo picked neighbours emptied my girls bowls and arranged stones then sat on a log while Betty faffed about nearly 30 minutes after everyone else had bunked up. Finally she did the circus trick of getting on a cube ladder and got herself in on the added wooden perch by AJ who was snuggled up by Iris. Deirdre had got in the bedroom while it was dusk and Elsie was sat half on her.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

julieann
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by julieann »

'Good' compliment Sandy :-D
Julie x
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Dull day girls shot out of cube then as usual looked with distain at their breakfast of pellets they no longer have much mash as what I was buying was getting finer and looked like sand! Deirdre had already layed her egg so removed that and poo picked , thank goodness I changed their plastic perches yesterday as little poo this morning.(Whoever gave me the idea for a second set of perches well done that man/woman )t' ) Phone constantly buzzing(my adoring fans wishing me happy birthday) as I poo picked nextdoor. Silkiebabe had layed, she is 10 for goodness sake! Need to massage AJ but needing pain killers for gum even more so popped back in here and taken them then off to her when they kick in
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Laying... at 10.... wow!! clever girl :-D
LYN
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Awww bless 'em all.

Thanks for the reminder about worming, I have ordered my flubbed pellets and shall flea treat the flock at the same time.

I too have a spare set of cube perches, makes life easier.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Mrs B mine are due today and nextdoors the 19th but he is going away the 12th so shall do the whole lot together. This time around havent got marriages so hope this new stuff works

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Finally tipped our Mand and a lot came out later in the day everyone fine so all(this includes the Pedeggs(foster girls)had some dried mealworms at 4.00 to line their tummies. Deirdre,Elsie and Betty layers today. MM now so as Annie suggested I will delve into our history bit by bit. Thankfully Ock has sorted me out with the new photobucket so my original babies....Alice and Abbie
ImageImage

s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

What lovely pics of Alice & Abbie >ch<

Your birthday today ??? Happy Birthday >ck<
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

lovely lovely little girls )t' envy}}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Mand not at all well this morning, would not eat pellets, mash or sloppy food. Nothing forthcoming in tip. Iris bless finally got out, she walks like the ministry of silly walks all the time unless she is running and has started walking backwards a lot more as if she is bowing to you. Therefore the dreaded cube ladder is a bit of a challenge for her. She is having her first moult and feeling very sorry for herself so she got on one of the log perches in the run and sat staring into space. Had to meet some friends so grabbed an egg Elsie had just layed and smashed it on the ground, what a difference! Amanda and Iris were THERE like little olympians. Didn't see them until lock up time, sucessful little tip with Mand gunk out and she was skipping about. Put all the bowls on the shelf after swilling them out and Betty leapt up and stood in two of them with her muddy feet. Sudocremed Iris's red legs. Three eggs today, Betty,Deirdre and Elsie. No one layed in the Pedgirls house, bit worried about Star may have to check her out saturday when not working. Built a nice little temple, like an inca one, so girls can climb up and sit on the top when the floods return. My plan to take photos of these events has stalled as I have to work out how to charge battery in new camera....And how it all began I had better to a bit at a time. November 2002 nextdoor bought home 2 brown hens and put them in his old aviary which still housed two budgies. In the December they were joined by two white hens which I thought were turkeys and consequently would not go anywhere near the run and kept my curtains shut as I did not want to view their christmas lunch...tbc

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Sorry to hear Manda is under the weather hope she's better soon {hug} Lovely pics of your babies )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

This is the aviary come chicken run nextdoor in 2002(the begininng)

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

This is what it still looked like in 2008, but built in 2002 if you see what I mean!

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Work day yesterday so no time in the natural light, Elsie was on the side in the bedroom so managed to get the 3 eggs. Today Iris was on her own even when I went where the mealworms are, though no one got any as Amanda-Jayne too sour. Iris is in a bit of a strop she is losing so many feathers bless as there is nothing of her. Left instructions for nextdoor to get his staple gun out to put up their 2013 chart. Eggs from the same three and foster Lucy layed today too

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Contuined post... the white girls nextdoor were hens not turkeys and not for eating! Over the next fews month one of the brown hens was caught but saved from a fox but dies later of shock and the other one died a few days later. Have no pics of them because I didn't even bother to look at chickens! In April 2003 another two brown hens joined to two white along with a 4 month old silkiebabe(she is 10 now we finally worked it out accurately) but I didnt look after them as their children did when they were on holiday. In June 2004 they all wanted to go skiing so I was given instructions on how to look after them. I was rather horrified when I was told to lift this huge white hen who was obviously broody when I had never even touched a hen before! Well I fell in love with them and gave them names, the rangers Bobbie and Tania, the sussexs Molly and Dolly and silkie, silkiebabe. Not got many pictures of them this is the best one with nearly all of them
This is still 4 and a half years before I got mine {rofwl}