Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by HenPen »

Oh Sandy, Sorry to hear about your wrist. Hope it's getting less painful now {hug}

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

How are you doing Sandy?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Karen spooky just popped on here to say all fine with myself,the Pink Ladies and The Peds with lots of news which i will relate in the next few days as yes Karen am getting a cheap ipad thingy then so be back soon xxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Missing you.
Bob
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hope your wrist is healing well Sandy. Glad all is well with the flocks. Look forward to your update.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

About time you got one of those ipad thingys Sandy!! :-D Hope everything's okay and you're not overdoing it with your wrist
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Sandy ,make arrangements to meet. I will get there , Busy in May but will try for sure . Where when and time .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Glad I was home in the bad weather to top up girls waters. After Mr Ped put a super duper roof on his house(although he has the hangover right over their door so the water pours down on you like a bucketful being thrown at you) his house has been super dry. That all changed with the snow which blew in his house and mine and completely covered all the ground so sticky icky mess again. Lots of stalosfan and crunch oyster shell had to be administered. Back to nice dry ground but rather boring for the Ped girls as their daddy has removed the duckhouse, a lovely spot for them to sit on. As Thelma is now Rocky he boarded up the window in their shed but as five of his gang, including Rocky liked to sleep in the duckhouse they kept going in their. O boarded it up with the feed container but that jut led to them sitting outside of it moaning. I suggested Mr Ped board the entrance up with a piece of wood but no he insisted on then removing , I asked if I could have it but he wanted the wild life to have it >coc< Oh yes let the little animals set up home so the foxes have them trapped! The plan was the girls and Rocky would go in the shed, yeah right, they all tried to cram on the chair confused so it was left upto me to put them in. They have now worked out this is where they should be sleeping, all but the duckhouse gang who used to sit on the top of it and have to be lifted into the shed so they now perch on the chair and have to be ushered in. Mr Ped has not grasped the idea of placing his family in the shed so Rocky dosent wake everyone up at dawn wont work unless you close the pop hole!!!!Oh guess who has this job. Most of the girls are sat on the floor , when I come in shining the torch and placing Rita,Jen and Lav Lil(Ivy now goes in the shed herself) Suranne jumps up on the perch while Miriam is happy to sit on the floor.
There have been a lot of mucky bums recently even Fay! Along with Fay I have a lovely large pair of sharp scissors and have trimmed Rocky,Rita and Lavendar Lil but had to cut right down to the vent on top hen Suranne. No idea why she was so bad, clean vent and she dosent sleep on any poo???Bless she was as good as gold on my lap while I did it. I have an infants slide which the kids have outgrown so I have put it in the peds run they love getting under it for a good dustbath, Mr Ped not impressed said I was filling up the place as I also put a piece of decking on top a tyre as I want them to have places to jump up on. I purchased two large daleks at the boot sale today so I am going to pop one in the Peds run just to see his reaction.
Well Rocky and the girls are released at 7 at the moment and it will be earlier if it gets too hot. He has no interest in Louise anymore he tried it on with Suranne who fights him off, Lav Lil who runs away whimpering but Rita is a right tease! She had a fit when he started taking a fancy to her and I was a bit worried when I saw the igloo wobbling when I realised Rocky had her in there. Then tonight the madame brushed by him and got in the igloo awaiting his attentions, she has started laying in there too.
My girls are fine apart from Veronica who is still chesty. She improved a lot with the help of Bob's tylan but I decided to take her up the vets on thrusday. It is hysterical, we are no longer allowed to take any birds into reception because of bird flu }hairout{ it is more hysterical as their was no ban last year when we actually had a bad outbreak of it????I had to leave Ronnie in the car park while I checked in, I was told to take a seat and the vet would be out but I said I was going to sit in the car and wait. Out comes Chris who just siad bring her in. He checked every part of her, and remarked what a healthy looking girl she was and a noisy one. He has giving her some zantac but he is a bit flummoxed. It is lovely sticky stuff and of course giving a bluebelle meds is great fun as its harder to see her tongue when I pop the meds in so I dont choke her!
The mini corn on the cobs I give the girls go missing, I have checked everywhere and there really is nowhere the rats can be taking them through! Now sometimes I find a bit of rat poo and then nothing and then sometimes I find mice poo!!!!!I am very confused.
The sparklies are very happy I have opened up their garden again and all the girls are enjoying lots of weeds. I laid lots of strip of heavy wood over the cube area from the refurbished post office when it was wet and this morning the girls had a bumper fest of worms. Fay had one of the longest worms I have seen in ages straight down!
Girls all due to be frontlined this week, dont like doing it when its too hot. I also have a nice set of wooden post office drawers which have replaced the plastic drawers I had. I have popped one drawer in the Peds shed so they have a place to lay rather than ll over the place, and I am pleased to say they are all using it except Rita. I popped one in my office as Fay would insist in laying on the wooden bench and she and Ronnie are using it (Audders still lays in the cottage) and the structure with the drawers out makes a nice perching frame.
Audders frightened me tonight, I was going down to lock them up when I got caught in the thunderstorm. She was nowhere to be seen! I finally found her in the cube area in a corner where the rain was hammering down splashing her. She had a telling off, a cuddle and a kiss and she was popped up on the perch with Fay and Ronnie.
Must take some photos………..
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Glad to see your chooks are making an effort for the environment by changing their plastic boxes for wooden ones! >mmm< When you said you put a kids slide in the peds run I had to laugh, the visions I had of the chooks sliding down & landing in a dust bath at the bottom! You should put a chicken swing in there too to complete the look.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Swing? oh yes been there and done that, zero interest from everyone! Frontlined all the girls yesterday, all 15 of them. Most struggled, some quite good but Miriam and Nancy both went ballistic, have a nice bunch of scratches. Oh the wooden drawers are for their stuff they have hard plastic drawers for nestboxes :oops:

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Girls strangely are not affected by the heat
When it was less hot that this my batties
Would walk about like eagles.
Looking after Peds , along with my Fay
Suranne,Violet, Rita and Rocky have
All had to have muck cut off weird as
Only Rocky sleeps on the floor? All vents
Nice and clean have purpled them too
For disenfectant. Lou walking a bit funny
So she has had a manicure just now. Off
To Torquay tomorrow Mr Ped home in the
Morning so new bedding and lots of DE
Put down as he is no housekeeper! Glad
It will be cooling down. I’ve a mountain
If pics to upload when I get the time.

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Glad everyone is OK Sandy. I will look forward to your pictures. Have a lovely holiday.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Still no piccies sorry, took loads today as Mr Ped has bought an electric fence it dosent reach around my girls house so when the Peds had had a good run popped my girls on their first grass since March 2017! Veronica just overstepped the mark though, she made her way to Mrs Ped's vegetable patch. Mrs P was quite happy for her to dig up the soil she was too digging but then Ronnie let herself down by moving onto the beetroot yike*
It was so funny Miriam, Rocky and Louise wouldnt come out of their run at first so I picked them up and put them out. I waa supposed to be doing gardening but was totaly sidetracked watching my girls have such fun. They were all well on my return form a short hols, poor Lottie and Dottie will have to wait their turn for a free range….Dottie still very broody

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Forgot to say did put Ronnie in with Peds at first for a free range, Rocky bless moved his girls away with Ronnie just ignoring him and having a go at Ivy and Miriam {rofwl} hence the split of free ranging

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Today the girls had a free range with the Peds while Lottie and Dottie took over the whole Pink Lady run as not happy letting them lose with my girls let alone the Peds!
Rita,Nancy,Louise,Suranne and Ivy , Mr Ped moved the water butt today so they were fascinated with the ground underneath
Miriam in the bushes
My girls had a run around the garden with Audrey and Veronica heading for the veg troughs so Mr Ped had to close the gate on them. They then decided to investigate the Ped run with Rocky in it

The s.tud (well Crankies style)

Audrey

Ronnie and Fay with a recently laid Lavendar Lil in the background
Rita,Suranne,Ivy,Nancy,Jen and Louise still intrigued with the recently bare ground

I nearly had a heart attack when I first put the girls in, Fay ran to the fully functioning electric fence and got a leg and her head caught in it in panic yike* Mr Ped quickly turned it off but she was fine?
Loved it when I said time to go in girls Audrey and Ronnie came running up to meet me. Fay wasnt too good in the week after 2 days worry she laid a big rectangular jelly egg with a tube of jelly attached to a small jelly egg both were full of egg white!