Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by sandy »

Footnote…Mr Ped said will you be able to tell the difference between our bluebelles and Woos….duh {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

More photos , shame cannot load them via phone!
Thundering and lightning here luckily the girls had a run yesterday. Fay missed out as she was laying and did the broody screech everytime I went near her.
Mr and Mrs Ped were sorting out their plants and hanging baskets while I sat within the electric fence just sitting and standing about, Peds above had a head start as only noticed it was free range time when I went to take Bruce's bedding down to the heap.
Lavendar Lil, Rita and Rocky
Ronnie and Audrey joined the girls, at first they went into the Ped house so we got them out and we shut the Ped door, they didn't venture very far as before although Ronnie did have a spat with Suranne
Mr Ped locked up his girls last night so he could go on a slug hunt! I had to let the girls out at 7.30 as they were all moaning, Rocky did two crows so picked him up while I fed and poo picked them and he didn't crow again. Not really fair on the Ped girls, three of them were in the nest box and someone had laid in the corner before let out time.
He is a handsome boy though

Miriam,Rita,Jennifer and Nancy
Little Lou
Both Rita and Fay are constantly doing the broody clucking noise without being broody just plain annoying!
Rita preening with Nancy and Suranne
The girls loved under this bush lots of bugs, love little Miriam
Rita is a bit slow on the wig growth department for a Woo
The nosey friendly little Jen Hen
My Ronnie with Audrey's beak!
Poor Lavendar Lil she is usually as annoying as that there Beth was but has been very poorly recently, not even into treats I have been giving her some metacam , cannot feel any obstructions in her vent and her crop is fine so maybe the problem is further inside and the metacam will ease her muscles, I have been using Marleys metacam thanks to the wonderful Bob
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

It's so good to see the Pink Ladies and Peds getting a bit of garden time. Kudos to Mr Ped for the electric fencing. Has he tested it to make sure it's working? And I've heard you have to be careful not to let the grass grow up around it as in can circuit it.

Girls all looking great on their free range time :) Gwen Hen and her forebears must be so jealous!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Love seeing and reading about your girls and love their names. )like(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Great to catch up with your gang and the Peds! Lovely photos, Sandy )like(
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Although Lavender Lil had picked up for awhile she suddenly went downhill again so took her and the poorly Fay to the vets. Fay couldn’t get an egg out again. She saw Chris and a trainee and of course by the time we got there in the morning Fay had laid a perfect egg after having some metacam in the evening. Chris checked her out anyway, since then she’s been ok but no eggs , he did say I could have metacam on order , he was surprised she was having these problems at such a young age so it seems no one will be getting blue eggs in the near future if I will have to give her meds to lay. He checked over LL and could only find a small lump in her crop so gave her some paraffin. Since Saturday she has been so quiet not the annoying bouncy girl she always was so decided to book her in again today but last night she was so poorly got her out and took her up in the evening to emergency vet, bless she was fading away while we waited. By the time we were seen she was convulsing and passed in the vets arms. We will not know what was wrong as Chris is so experienced he had checked her all over. A very sad time in the Ped house , just hoping Fay stays well.

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi sorry to read this Sandy , Unfortunately we can only do our best but does not work all the time . If love was a great healer we all would have the champions of chickens.
Hope the rest of the flocks keep well.
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh my gosh we have not been having a good time, 2 friends and 2 relatives have had bad news and the girls have been having problems, I told them they are supposed to be a release for a short while but they havent been able to help much.
After the sad loss of Lavendar Lil dear little Louise kept falling over. One morning she couldnt stand up so I texted Mr Ped who astonishingly took Lou up the vets himself(she was cute, his wife's favourite and expensive) . Chris had no idea what the problem was her legs moved okay but she couldnt stand up so probably a spinal infection. We put her in the hamster cage which had suited Lottie so well when she damaged her foot, bless she could shovel upto her food and water and was perky in all other apsects. Chris said give her a week on meds and see how she was. Five days later I went to put her to bed and she was lead out straight, her eyes closed and head flopping around in circles. When I picked her up she was limp and obviously passing. Mr Ped was out so rushed her up emergency vets, they were so busy had to wait 90 minutes with her in my arms. I was so upset just wanted her misery to stop. When I broke the mews to the Peds , Mrs Ped said she was devasted, she had another two days of meds to go so we should have waited to see how she was yike*
I wished I had videod the poor girl as I suspect they just thought I had had her pts because of her situation!
Now my dear Fay is very unwell, not laid since last visit to vet. Nothing obvious in the egg dept area even though she is doing the dreaded green poo. Chris is a bit stumped so gave her septrim as maybe infection higher up plus she cannot open her left eye so has eye cream for that. She is pottering about but mainly stood still and went to bed at 7 tonight with no treats. Fingers and everything firmly crossed for my beautiful Fay Wray Woo.
And so I went to Nibley farm to get some corn as was out that way (HenPen let me know next time you are lunching in the new inn) and the owner went to a battery farm of 30000 birds and bought 500. He is free ranging them, selling their eggs and them and …….

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

continued…….
and in a moment of madness I got the girl to search for a box and…….
Echo and Delta
Delta
Echo
Charlie and Blue
Blue
Charlie
bless popped them to bed in the cube first night second night they got it except Blue who caught up tonight. Worm pellets ordered, they are a bit wary of me but they will get there they're batties )t'
I have had to put bigger bowls and an extra water in and they ate about 2kg of pellets and a whole big water bowl was emptied by 5.pm!
Audrey and Fay
Audrey, Fay and the ever thaa Veronica who has already had a sumo up through the wires with Charlie

I will integrate them as soon as Fay is better so I always have plenty of room for more girls

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

PS have you guessed who they are named after?

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , Have the new hens been away from farmer for long or have they been homed before .
Look well feathered.
Hope they will be cuddly hens for you.
Bob
being nosey how much did you pay for the hens.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

So sorry to hear about Lavender Lil and little Lou. I read recently that silkies are very prone to Mareks, I wonder if that's what she had?

Excellent news re Charlie, Echo, Delta and Blue! They look in very good condition. New henpal diary contributors possibly?? :-D Are they named after some cop, army or emergency services show?
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Meant to ask - how is Fay doing? {hug}
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh my kin
gdom for
a keyboard }hairout{ sadly Fay is fading bless her has vet appointment Monday {cry}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Let's try again! !!!!!no Karen nAmes not from any of those Six year old Tyler got it straight away I'll put it on m.c.