Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by sandy »

And last girl..Amanda-Jayne who arrived saturday morning March 31st 2012 in a black car. A friend of the roofer we had asked if we would take in their top girl as she was pecking the other 3 so bad they kept bleeding. Of course I would have this tyrant. Put her on her own and she was immediately doing the sumo wrestling upto the wire to the others. Thought she had rather a large crop but probably full as she was top girl and must have eaten all the pies....
Position...no 5 (bottom)
Temp...after two weeks in with the others who made sure she knew she was no longer top chick. Very friendly follows me around when the others are otherwise engaged.
Friendly...Yes
Pickupability...Easy lucky for me!
Medical....Crop never did get smaller has lost the elasticity so cannot empty her crop as normal
Character...Sweet and funny bird song like chatter
Lovability out of 10....10

This is Amanda-Jayne today( she was spookily named that when I had her) very quiet and withdrawn this morning, didn't touch any food so upto the house for a digestive in olive oil which she devoured very quickly. She is allowed messes re her prognosis.

Girls yesterday evening enjoying priobotic yoghurt
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Do you eat a lot of curry in your house Sandy is that why you have 3 years supply of loo rolls. {hug}

I love AJ she is a star.

I am envy}} over the amount of storage space you have in your shed
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Friday work day so dark both ends of the day though this olive oil is doing AJ the power of good.Today was corn before bedtime(fosters and my girlies..Mrs B I NEED tons of toilet rolls but rarely eat curry +f+
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Cube cleaning today, Betty looked a bit sober, just cause I said she had no health problems but jumped in the cube ,came out 5 minutes later and there was a softie in the bedroom .Deirdre has some black stuff over her eyeball so wrestled with her and gently wiped it off, honestly you would have thought I was having her for dinner!
Cube cleaning
ImageImage
After the clean the girls hung out
The the hailstones came so it was chase them time

Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Your cube looks much cleaner than mine :oops:

I am guessing you don't have a water supply in your chicken garden so how do you clean your cube?

My quick clean is wash poop trays, wipe inside and put fresh bedding in all areas plus the clean set of roosting bars (a spare set is an absolute must IMO) . Big clean involves taking the roof and back panel off and Beerless carting them up to the house for a blast with the pressure washer.

I use very hot water with washing up liquid and zoflora and a selection of scrubbing brushes.

I have a cable drum too, they are very useful but apparently newer ones are cardboard so the wood ones are getting hard to find.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

No I have no water supply, nextdoor has but wont reach my house by about 6ft! In the summer I take roof off and everything else detachable down to the house for a good housing down but in this weather its the trays inside and oh yes I have a spare pair of rungs, you are right they are essential. I push the roof back as far as I can and spray red mite spray in the grooves. I wash the whole thing with hot water using nettex mite spray in it. I have never heard of zoflora? I have put eco cardboard bits in the bedroom and decided I may as well put the cheap shavings in the trays as the little lovies never actually touch it with their posteriors. I'm saving the posh bedding for when they ever decide to go back to the cottage or I take on some more girls as my rescue friend can no longer take in big girls from people who get hens then get fed up of them, lots of them around here. Elsie not impressed with the cardboard tonight shoved the others up on the little wooden perch I have put in as they wouldn't perch on the plastic rungs just sat on them! I have 4 cable drums, one from an electrician the others from when they refurbished our bank. My cube is under a roof so dosen't get weather beaten.

Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I have shower caps on my feed bins (I ask everyone to nab them from hotel rooms for me), if only omlet made something like that for the cube roof. Mine is always covered in pigeon poo or yew berries or just general muck.

Zoflora smells lovely, it is a disinfectant (I use 2 caps to a big bucket) the cinnamon spice is divine it smells just like Christmas.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Then that is def on my shopping list, thanks )t'

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Absolutely wonderful pictures as always Sandy.

Love seeing all your little ladies :-D such characters aren't they :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

lovely pics sandy who is your lovely white girl with the big floppy comb she is beautiful {hug} as they all are and good to hear AJ is doing well
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

28th Jan work day so no time in the light with the girls.
Today Deirdre's whopper
Ace floppy comb girl Elsie(No one)
Amanda-Jayne
Betty being her usual helpful self
3 ginja ninjas
3 doors up they want to rehome their 2 rhode island reds, nextdoor wants them despite saying they didn't like brown hens but I want them too as I have 4 times the room they have, we will discover who will have them on the weekend!

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

>fi< you get your wish Sandy :-D
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Thanks Lyn I DO hope so!
Ordered 3 bags woodchips,hemp bedding and diatom puffer yeaterday, in the porch this afternoon )t'
Girls exploring
Addition to the ladder for our Iris
Over flowing bins yike*
Photos of girlies today
Iris
Betty
Amanda-Jayne

Elsie
Deirdre

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Taking out oldies thursday, work friday, today
Deirdre & Elsie
9.15 am NEW GIRLS
Olive & Beryl
Beryl
Olive

More on these ladies when ironing done

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

So what did you use to bribe your neighbour with, into letting you have to 2 new ladies or did you just +f+
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful