Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Lovely photo's - See is a beautiful girl. Good luck at the vets.

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Sandy is Audrey okay? Her tail looks very down in those photos. Hopefully it's just a balance thing.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Kitty keep up girl! Audrey is a buff orpington {rofwl}
Karen took a look at Audrey's tail it is made up of tiny feathers, looking back on photos since I have had her, only one photo does her tail stick up a bit so must just be her as she is fine.
This will make you jealous, got Audrey on my lap for a checkover anyway and Fay jumped up as well on her own )c(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

doh! >dum<
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Fay can't be a real Woo if she does laps too!
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Sandy , Meds on its way should be with you Tues post man .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hens teeth! Is it really that long since I updated my diary :oops:
Bob thankyou so much for the tylan, an absolute godsend. The Ped girls recovered very well unlike the Honeybun >coc< She had stopped rubbing her face like a cat rubs their face, she wasn't talking very well but at least squeaking but she was acting like she didn't know me when I got back from hols. This of course made me feel very down, honestly when all girls are fine I am in a brilliant mood but when one is poorly, especially the Honeybun I feel very down. I decided to remove everything from my bedroom and the front bedroom. I was unable to sleep in either beds for two nights as covered in stuff I had even forgotten I had! After three days I have so much stuff to sell, some coins and jewellery will be going on the internet, the rest , weather permitting off to the Dursley boot sale on saturday. I have had two weeks off, ends next tuesday and when the 'stuff' is finally replaced, chucked , sold or off to charity shop I have to get over the embankment again and cut down the encroaching brambles, full of hundreds of blackberries, just hoping they will go black before I get to them. Some have turned on my side so the girls have had a few along with plenty of wild strawberries(Gwen hated blackberries bless her). Then of course a total clean out of both houses, Mr Ped is on hols, and frontline all the Peds.
This morning Honey came to the door , spoke to me and pecked my legs, yippee and then I was confronted with masses of white and brown feathers, bless her , her first moult and in summer?
Suranne is broody, both Lottie and Dottie are broody and Audrey has returned to being broody, in the hot weather poor Audders was literally a roast chicken!
Today the rain was welcome as I didn't have to water the Peds vast veggie patch and hanging baskets but not welcome in the bantams house, they have leak that is iike a tap, had to move their dustbath in the paddling pool away as it was getting wet, b****y builders }hairout{
Fay is the only one laying in my house, not surprising when three are broody and Honey should not be laying due to moulting and age. Nextdoor Rita, Miriam and Nancy are regulars, the others join in now and then. Will be selling their eggs to pay for the new bedding I have just got for their bedroom.
Night times are a pain in the Ped house now every night! There is always at least 4 girls sitting on the chair in the open, they have to be picked up and placed onto the perch which should be easy unless it is Miriam who has trouble finding them with her feet and just clings onto me like a hawk digging into your flesh. Have to wait until it is totally dark to get Rita Woo in as she just pushes the plastic plant holder out of the way and gets out again. I put this infront of the pop door so they are hidden from view but can get out themselves in the morning. My girls are a dream, Lottie and Dottie along with Audrey are always tucked up, Honey goes abed at around 8.00pm whatever the weather and Rita gets herself up on her perch at dusk.
Its really odd my girls loved their courgettes but recently have not eaten them, they even turned their noses up at a watermelon on that really really hot day! The Peds followed all their predecessors by devouring everything I have given them.
So Honey is getting back to her wonderful annoying self slowly, Fay has become a bit more skittish(probably read she may not be a real Woo), Audders is getting big and is broody. Dottie is a gently broody, Lottie an true banshee broody who will attack anything that gets near her being my hands!
Thelma is now a black with lots of brown streaks that have appeared and she and her fellow silkie Louise had one hell of a fight yesterday! Lou is meant to be white but is mainly black with mud and food. Nancy and Jennifer are really growing big as is the broody Suranne. Lavendar Lil and Miriam are still slender girls, Miriam is now laying the most lovely chocolate coloured eggs. Ivy is very large even for a bluebelle and unlike most bluebelles I have known very friendly. Rita Woo does something that I find amazing and so endearing. When hens look at you if you attract their attention they turn their heads yes? When she is sat down on the ground and I kneel down by her she dosent move her head , her eyes raise showing the whitish bits so she makes eye contact with you.
Sure I have missed out a lot of what has happened, really must keep my diary more upto date!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Lovely to hear from you Sandy, i was thinking about you last night and was going to text you this evening.
Its good to hear all is well.
Amber.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Yes it's good to hear all is well Sandy. All those girls are certainly keeping you on your toes. )like(
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Sandy , Glad Honey is well now. DO NOT LEAVE IT SO LATE NEXT TIME . If I have it I will post on . If not I can get it from the vets .
See you soon .
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Good to hear from you Sandy and very glad the Honeybun is getting better )t'

I knew Fay would turn out to be a real Woo in the end. Nature will out :-D
Karen
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Odd that your girls are getting picky - you don't think they're plotting something, do you? You know what these hens are like for plotting :-D
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

That was a test……..will be posting tomorrow night with PHOTOS )piicy( )app( :-D

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

the newly frontlined Peds