Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by aishakali »

)c( )c( Lovely little brown hens :-D Wishes do come true sometimes )t'
LYN

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Unbeleivable ! I've been living 3 doors away from a chicken lover for nearly 10 years! My neighbour wanted the 2 girls but I got in first. Around I went to a delightful garden and a lovely hen house in its own little garden. Aparently they had hens years ago and before christmas saw the hen house knocked down from £600 to £150 and fell in love with the hens for sale so got them. The reason they need to rehome them is their two little westies are a danger when they freerange, they got a drake last week and buried it, luckily the wife found it as it was still alive and whopped it up the vets. I grabbed hold of one girl and the gent the other and we cut through my neighbours(teehee they were at work) and he was so happy to see his girls were going to have a nice new home especially when I said he can visit them anytime and he volunteered to babysit them if both me and my neighbour are away at the same time. He said he hadn't named them (sure he had) as he had a lovely African grey along with a lovely cat and the two doggies. A couple of hours later he was back with tons of bedding,straw,feeders,water containers,pellets,grit,red mite powder etc and would not take a penny for anything. Just think never knew he and his lovely wife's names until this week, and chicken lovers :-D
Cube clean again today though quick...my helpers/viewers
New girlies Beryl May

Olive

Poor loves put them to bed in the chicken cottage last night, this morning no eggs from them(think they are rangers?) but they were walking about clucking, put them in the nest box no out they came so put their own straw in the nest box and heyho off they both were laying. Had to remove all straw because AJ kept eating it but okay in Olive's and Beryl's home as sure AJ will not be sharing it wth them for at least 2 weeks
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

That's brilliant Sandy :-D Lovely neighbours and chickeny ones at that, what could be better! Love your pics and the new girls look like they are settling in very well )t'
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh dear only Olive's second morning and bless her she was acting eggbound. Got her up the house and sat her on my lap with hot water bottle beneath her under carriage for 30minutes. Took her back down , back to the house with Amanda-Jayne for some liquid parrafin bless really suffering with a blockage again and squishyness! Took AJ back and Olive had dropped a broken soft shelled egg. She then went in her nest and I am not kidding kicked all the hemp bedding out and moved her straw over the nest! Obviously she wanted her old bed back as it had been i her old house. Here is Olive today,,,,just glad I didn't lose her what would the neighbours think!
Olive with Beryl
On a brighter note it was sort of Deirdre's birthday today, yes one year ago she came around in the snow after her sisters had been taken by a fox. I am just so happy the terrified shaking little bundle is now my lovely bouncy Deirdre.

and AJ better as she had a dustbath
and Iris joined in

The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

hi sandy my old girl suffers with soft eggs until i addded limestone flour after mandas instructions, to her pellets and we havent suffered one since i add it to the feed as matter of course now and the ex batt girls dont suffer the horrible nasties )t' it was quite cheap for a big tub and its one tablespoon per 2kg of pellets )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Thanks Ace, I always keep limestone powder in their larder but Olive is only 10 months old and I think by her behaviour with her bedroom she was suffering from the stress of her move

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

aww bless her now that nastie is out of the way im sure she will feel better ,hope you dont think i was trying to teach you how to suck eggs :oops: )t'
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Sorry I may stammer her a ace {rofwl} Don't be silly, all advice is good advice shows you care you lovely lady {hug}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Yesterday no time to visit and nothing unusual happened....
Today moved out most of the hemp bedding from Olive & Beryl's cottage as I said before Olive wanted her straw! they helped me
And look who sat on their bedding
A view from their digs to the other girls
And views from Elsie & gangs digs to Olive and Beryls

Olive and Beryl in the big dustbath
Deirdre,Elsie and Deirdre preening watched by Iris
Olive and Beryl always anxious to get into the other digs so gave them 5 minutes today, they showed no fear straight to the other girls food bowls and totally ignored Elsie having a hissy fit, gently pushed her away. Betty the one I thought would try and kill them looked at them then me then I am not kidding beckoned me to where the mealworms are kept. Everyone had a few sunflower seeds after I had ushered Olive and Beryl back to their home. I phoned the vets today for some more liquid parrafin and as foster girl Amber is still having problems breathing asked for some tylan, now I had it in the past for Abbie so she said who exactly is it for and I lied :oops: I said Abbie, after a slight pause she said we have Abbie down on our records as deceased do you have another Abbie. When I said sorry I got the name wrong she is going to consult the chicken vets(not in today) to see if I can have some without having to drag the 'pet' up.

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Sandy tells fibs, lalalala {warn}

Think we have all tried to pull the wool over the vets eyes now and again ,otherwise we seem to be constantly on their doorstep. I am so lucky that Chris my vet knows me wellenough and trusts my judgement now.

What a brazen little foxy )de:
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Be sure your sins will find you out Sandy +pinn+ {rofwl}
I'm really envious of the space you have for your girls, it looks HUGE. How many square feet do you reckon it is?
LYN
morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

Really envious of your set up, it looks huge :-D I also noticed you are using large dog bowls for food, I was thinking of getting one for my girls but was worried they would tip over, I think I might go and get one as they look sturdy enough :-D
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

i cant beleive the fox was so close did her freak your girls out {mr.angry}

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

I had to double take on the fox, cheeky blighter. I love the chestnut colour of your Olive, they all look lovely girls :-D
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Poor poor foxy, he/she had a glorious coat and magnificient brush and now the mange has left no brush and skinless hind quarters on top of that there is also a limp {cry} My lies didn't work vets would only let me have parafin, said chicken vets are on today can you not smuggle out Amber, um no espeicailly as I got in first by rehoming Olive and Beryl who are not happy with me as last night I left their bedroom door shut and they were huddled on top of the ladder. They looked at me as if to say, look we have worked out where our bedroom is and now the door is locked! Popping down now to have another quick mingle, thats newbies and oldies