Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
julieann
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by julieann »

What a great space to have, it must be great being able to have lots of lovely chooks, the ex bats are so lucky )t'
Julie x

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Your neighbours can stick their hot tubs, jacuzzi's or whatever, to utilise land the way you have is far better,more beneficial to you and the atmosphere altogether. x
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Julie I don't have exbats :oops:
Had to go into work today hens easy kittens a nightmare, they are not allowed out so went in with a shield to ensure they didn;t run out when I opened the door in the dark! Yesterday not much time to photo Pedgirls as hospital visiting again managed to Silkiebabe and Amber
Avert your eyes now Mrs. B
I do clean up the floor but figure the girls like the nice juicy plump spiders that attack my head when I go in there!
So a few photos of my girls from yesterday(more photogenic)
Dee helping cleaning the cottage
Dee dustbathing
Iris
Amanda-Jayne
Deirdre and Elsie helping with the office clean
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Blimey forgot to point out the hammer house of horror shots are NOT my run yike*
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

what a great space and your lovely little helpers well what a pretty set of little hens they are lovely photos )t' and lovely little amanda jayne she is a really sweet little hen with her sparkely eyes {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

[quote="sandy"]Julie I don't have exbats :oops:

I'm so sorry Sandy :oops: :oops: :oops: I looked at Brenda and assumed ........I hadn't realised they could moult that heavily
Julie x
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I have a horror of spiders dropping onto me so can't bear cobwebs, they look very pretty in the hedgerow but I couldn't go in a shed with loads of webs.

You do have a great set up and so handy having chicken neighbours too.

You said you and your various neighbours bought the land from the railway, did you have to apply for planning permission to change it from disused railway to domestic gardens?
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Absolutely wonderful pictures Sandy, the cobwebs are very pretty too - though I'd also be a bit scared of what could be lurking inside them! :-D yike* {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

If you put a Father Christmas in there it would be like a Santas grotto {rofwl}
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Julie please do not apologise, I should be the one to do that never having any. Mrs B have sent you a pm

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Forgot to say my girls and Pedgirls all on worming pellets since sunday, my how they love me NO TREATS! Had an egg from Star and mine Elsie,Betty and Deirdre. Been at Zumba then dentist today so not much time with girls, was dark when I got home as they have decided to put temp traffic lights on every main road in Bristol! Popped the torch into girls cube and Amanda-Jayne was in the middle of Dee and Iris shaking her neck about and buffeting them from side to side bless.Had a delivery of stones from cousing today so planning some more inca altars. Going to have a freeze tonight so will be checking to see if poo freezes in cube again if so will be on the phone to Omlet

cpac123
Learner Laner

Post by cpac123 »

good to read your updates, thanks
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Nightmare yesterday! Amber Ped is breathing more harder than usual(am putting tylan in water) then I spotted her wattle was bleeding. Then putting my ladies to bed while I let the big cat out nextdoor for a run there was blood in every food bowl and even in the water! Now the cube is not idea to view the girls so turned the lights on and took the roof off so of course everyone got out. Thought it must be Elsie(pink knickers) vent but no, really stupid of me really cause why would it be in the food and water :oops: Checked Amanda's comb then all over a skittish moulting Iris. Cant be Betty, she is wonder woman and there it was blood comobing from Deirdre's comb! Off to the office for gentian violet spray. Dee does not like being help but tough. Lights off all back in bed. Off to let the cat in making sure the 2 young kittens did not get out,off to Ped house to the dark spidery shed with a torchlight to spray their legs with scaly leg mite spray , empty and carry all waters into the house then back to mine. OMG blood was spurting on her comb so drag out again and put the white powder on, of course everyone was very unhappy to be disturbed yet again. Had to take all the bowls up to house to clean out the blood and decided to leave cube door open incase blood in morning and I overslept. After 30 mins went back down and shut door as was supposed to freeze. Today more gv on Amber and Dee then everyone was vaselined, my what fun that was. Will post some pics later if not too exhausted

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Amanda-Jayne & Elsie chilling
Deirdre
Iris
Silkiebabe Ped
Amber Ped

Flub pellets time

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Silkiebabe Ped
Ped girls
Silkiebabe investigates new bricks
Amanda-Jayne
My girls with new bricks
(H)Adrian's bricks