Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Sandy still got plenty as bought another big bottle.
Bob

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

OMG the rain yike* every part of the run seems to be leaking {cry} Lottie has not been able to walk from friday until today and then this morning a huge rat ran across the run, all the jeyes i had put down was washed away in the very heavy rain, weird because last night had lots of little long eared mice. huge dilemma, i wll not be home in the light until saturday, if Lottie is able to walk in the morning she may not be able to later on and when she can she is very slow, having awlful visions of her being in the dark, unable to move and being faced by rat! best plan to keep her in her cage regardless of her quality of movement , it is a big hamster cage but 3 days on the trot i would not be happy with. So let spend another £40 in pah...got a huge hamster cage with nice tight little wires on to pop Lots in in the meantime. had a dreadful storm today, thank goodness i bricked up the hole the rats were getting into the Peds house before as it became quagmire.
oh please hurry up light nights and rainfree days
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

all fine today, bless Lottie she looked very tiny in her big cage, honestly there i am rescuing hens from cages and i am putting one of my girls in one yike* two crinkly eggs from the Ped girls today, bless Rocky , tonight he ran out of the coop when i put on the light to do a head count and when i picked him up to pop back in he went beserk!
Bob my 2000000kg of pellets were getting wet due to leaks so have turfed out lots of containers to put them in. am giving girls a bit of corn in the morning as they dont get treats when i am home in the dark.
slug fest tonight, do rats eat slugs i would like to know?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

chickens eat them , yummy , messy and cannot get enough of them.
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Here's some interesting info I came across Sandy. Praps there's some ideas there that might help Lottie
https://wagwalking.com/bird/condition/paralysis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Thanks for that Kitty. Lottie was perfectly well on saturday so she had a lovely day of doing normal things as i knew i would be home before dark. Unfortunately she couldnt move on sunday or today. it comes and goes which makes any decisions really hard. Being in a cage all day makes me feel awlful for her but she is eating and drinking and has good days so its not the terrible option yet bless my little baby girl.
Found a crater of a hole yesterday which i filled with mortar which has firmed up really well , the hole behind the cube is just getting a brick on it t the moment as i need to go outside the run which is swampy at the moment.
Girls are all fine, Echo is getting more like Honey everyday, all the feed buckets are covered in mud as she now jumps up on them everytime its food time.
I'm fibbing girls all fine just remembered spotting some muck on the usually pristine Veronica, got her on my lap and was horrified when i ruffled up her feathers and a huge wedge of poo the size of a golfball was attached to her yike* . Took about 15 minutes to remove it all with a sharp pair of scissors. Mr Ped came over and asked if i was plucking her for christmas!

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lottie had to be caged monday and tuesday as working, today hurray she could totter about and i would be home to put he to bed in the daylight. Bless she was ambling around very well until i put in some brocolli and the evilton Dottie attacked her! i opened up the extra run as the holes are well and truly cemented not that Lottie could run away from her! Last night i brought her up the hose for an egg which she wolfed down so appetite very good, infact the silver girls brocolli was all chewed off unlike the other girls who surprisingly didnt touch theirs. I am really cross with Dottie she should be looking after her little buddy not being nasty!
Mr Ped looks like he has taken a tractor over his run , he has dug up all the ground and i suspect he has buried a ton of poison under ground yike* his girls have lost their little bridge and stands and Bjork and Vorky are still a bit sneezy despite having tylan which cost me £44 for half a bottle!

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Sandy let me know please when you run out as I will post you some Tylan .
Have a huge bottle .
Can get more from my vet if needed .
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

So sorry to hear poor Lottie is still in the wars Sandy. How odd that she should be so up & down. It does sound neurological (sp??)

Time for some glamour shots! I managed to catch a few of the Pinks, both Sparklies and one of the Peds on my recent photoshoot. Apologies for the tardiness, I am a right slacker plus I haven't been around much.

I know we have Dottie, Lottie, Rita, Audrey and Veronica in the below but I'm afraid I don't know which Ginger Ninjas I caught. Possibly it's the same Ninja. The sparklies have been given some fine art treatment as befits their Sparklinesses, hope you like it all! Poor Rita does look unhappy, bles her little scaly legs. It can't be much fun being grabbed vaselined and papped at the same time. A girl should look her best for the camera!

I did get a lot more photos of course so I'll have a look & see what else looks decent. (Bob, I'll get to yours too.)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Really lovely photo's. )like(
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Very good pictures .
Good seeing you both .
Got the pies and custard . Reading the book to the girls .
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

great pics Karen, lovely girlies sandy. Is Lottie the first pic of the two?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Nope Kitty , Lottie is the second, the angelic looking one.
Thank you so much Karen they are wonderful pictures )like( In order
Veronica, Rita Ped(looking like a dowager {rofwl} ) Charlie, Dottie,Lottie,Echo,Charlie again and Audrey, so ashamed at the build up of yucky mud she is stood in.
Even though The Peds have a decent roof, unlike mine :oops: the rain was so bad today they have two little pools in their run. Tonight I have used a whole tub of stalosfan over the grounds, four bags of woodchip are coming tomorrow. I used to have to buy loads before until i had a new roof...and now i am back to buying it. When i am asked what do i want for christmas i say a new chicken roof!
Been vaselining, would have used the meds but the daylight i have been home in is taken up with poo picking, rat hole filling up, new beddings and systematically cutting off the tons of mud droplets off of Rocky Ped.
Very worried today, let Lottie, who was very unstable out as should have been home by 3 but stuck in garage and not back until 3 45, luckily still a bit of light even though torrential rain.
It is nice having early nights but with the Lottie situation i could really do with it being light until at least 6.30 bless her.
All girls ok, Rita and Nancy's legs are looking good. Echo is well named echoes of past batties she has managed to get her muddy feet over every food and treat bucket and tip over the corn bucket by sticking her head right into it!
Rather that then have girls stood about looking sorry for themselves.
Sent away for a sonar device, hope it works until i can get a hold on the situation when the back of their run is finally not under 2 feet of water.

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Sandy , my flock absolutely love scratching around in the deepest of puddles , in the rain . I think West Country girls must be spoiled and softies .
Essex hens get down and dirty . (AND LOVE IT)
Bob
Happy Xmas and a good New Year.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Blimey havent posted for ages.....a little thing called work keeps intervening, still jet lagged after silly o'clock mornings and late nights looking after cousins convenience store. Everyone is fine, even rats }hairout{ filling up holes with jeyes was fine but they are getting very artful and digging new tunnels so have left the lastest open, waiting for time/cement/better weather to seal them all up in one go. Bleeding rat in our garage yesterday, leapt out of the bin , ran along the floor and leapt up to windowsill and got through up the wall yike* luckily garage roof totally seperate to house. My girls got cube and eglu cleaned out just before dark with nice new bedding and some herby stuff i ordered to put on nest boxes. Lottie had the day out as was home in daylight. While i was cleaning her bedroom she fell over on her side , i was tempted to help her up but what if she had done it when i wasnt there, slowly she pushed herself up on her own. I am surprised she tolerates me at all, on sunday i gave her claws a clip, one claw was very long and i cut her so it was longe than Dotties, she was very helpfully sitting on a chair displaying her claws for guidance but obvioulsy her quick and Lotties must be in a different place as blood gushed out! I took her up the house, blood running down the path, through the outside and into the bathroom. Honestly the amount of blood looked like i had cut her throat! Washed her feet throughly and put a little bandage around the toe but within minutes it was soaked through. I put her on a paper with egg yolk and a lump of cheddar which she attacked with vigour. every five munites of so i changed the paper, it took a good hour before the blood finally stopped. Bless Lottie, just like Capt Gabby she was so stoic, chattering away, eating then sat down looking around. I cleaned her feet again and smothered in sudocreme , took her back to run at dark and popped her into the eglu. The monday i was working all day so she was popped in the cage.Today her feet were sparkling clean and no signs of blood. Bob just thought the glue your vet applied must have been to stem blood.
Mr Ped has put his girls heater on and wants their coop door kept poo, homest it stinks in there and the heat is making the smell worse. When i am home in the light i open the door just before bedtime as they will all perch, when the door is shut they are going in in the dark so all huddle on the floor.