Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by aishakali »

How about Aces Orphans >dum<
LYN

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

{rofwl} i do sort of take in all the unwanteds dont i ,im desperatley trying to think of a way of getting lisa b marilyn to sheffield from up north as im happy to take her so im trying to think of something +f+

my girls have had a great day today lapping up the spring sun and dustbathing ,the baby pigeons wallowed in the sun with the coit door open and little woobbly legs taking even wobblier steps , {rofwl} i decided to rake up a few leaves from the apple tree that had blown into the decking area and settled by the patio doors so brush in hand i tidied them up went to fetch a rubbish bag and OMG i had only turned my back for the few seconds iot took to get the back and the little beggar {rofwl} had kicked every pile into oblivion }hairout{ happily scooching ignorant to my rantings at them and i was so tupid to think that for two seconds i could turn my back on them ,what a dumbo .

pegpuss and i met each other last night and although brief and in the dark holding a torch it was lovely to meet a fellow laner ,and due to her generosity i will now be able to offer more little brown girls a home in march :)

so the donated coop was on the garden and as always thoproughly investigated by all 8 nosey parkers,they were in the nest box quick as a flash in every nook and cranny ,just wait till it has new sisters in there

i will be posting photographs and a little story of sunnys latest meetings she has been such a good girl

} here are the twins at two weeks old

[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

What cuties the twins are )t' What unusual looking beaks they have
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

sandy wrote:What cuties the twins are )t' What unusual looking beaks they have

{rofwl} {rofwl} they really have huge hooters dont they im used to seeing them now but i have had alook at them again today and i laughed ,good to laugh after crying so much {hug}
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

spent time with the girls today in the garden but got swooped by a pair of huntimng hawks poor dorey just froze where she was i think the noise they made scared her stiff poor little love ,just going to try and pick up the mood in the coup after marlene has left us its strange without her but we will move on from the sadness it will be good for us all to make thing different ,the pecking order will be jiggled and dorey i think will move up to 2nd hen ,wanted to post lots tonight in diaryu i dont want to neglect it or sunnys adventures but will feel better tomoz no doubt {hug} gotta get my little brown girls right havent i )t'

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hunting hawks yike* That must have been really scary, Ace will be interested in how the pecking order sorts itself out mine is totally weird at the mo
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

to be truthful sandy i had a coversation with manda regarding this and today everything seems to be hunky dory isabella still reigns top hen and no inkling as to dorey and ann a lous positions they appear to be happy as they are isabella rules softly just the necessary boks no nastiness from her and frankiis girls remain the same augustine top hen then porshca and then rheima but ann a lou bottom of all ranking so who knows what will happen >shrug< coup feels weird to me and i was worried isabella would mourn her longer but no shes fine, marlene was her wing man but hen wise everybody seems ok isabella hasnt looked for hen or clucked for her no exbatt eggs though and only one bantam egg usually i have 2 ex batts and 2/3 banty eggs but maybe this is how its showing im keeping a real close eye on them though and giving high protein just to boost them if theyre happy im happy good luck sandy with the pecking order keep us updated )t' {hug}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace never known such oddity in egg laying with mine and nextdoors, maybe its the weather, so cold but no ice, weird.

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

had a great day in the garden all warm and sunny ,i did a bit of light leaf raking (back playing up terribly) and the girls did a bit of leaf unraking {rofwl} my mucky mudlark isabella will have to have to have some kind of bath tomorrow she is filthy all her chest feathers are caked in mud as she decided it would be a really good idea to have a dustbath in the leaf mulch >dowhat< she smells horrid i feel sorry for poor dorey and ann-a-lou in the coup with her tonight >ch< heaven only knows why i gave her such a beautiful ladylike name ,she is a muck tub ,

we are making preparations for marilyn joining us an extra feed station and water font so i can seperate her for a feww hours on the first day she arrives and give them chace to puff their chests out wothout killing each other!! }hairout{ im so looking forward to having another noisy girl as skinnie minnie was very vocal we always knew where she was and whilst i was speaking to lisab on the phone today i could hear marilyn in the background chattering away ,no doubt she will change the dynamics in the coup but isabella still maintains top hen atatus and ann-a-lou and dorey are laid back and dont seem to worry about their status ,but hey ho no doubt it will be all handbags at dawn !!

justa copule fo pics of all ny little flock sunbathing

As you know we have had what i thought was a hawk swooping us and it has killed julius dad ,he never came back, so we decided to have a look at a Walk-in-Run made of welded mesh so that the girls can still free range if we arent in the garden with them, as the winter has really taken its toll on my back and ive struggled a bit to be honest, so we called a guy who advertises on flea bay and we have ordered a 4mx4m run fro him which is being delivered on monday and it will attach to the covered coops and the girls will have the freedom they are used to ,they will have all the run of the garden to free range when we are in the garden but when im indoors they will still have plenty of space to dig in etc ,anyway i contacted the guy by phone and ive saved £70 off the usual price and he was a great guy and its a fab bit of kit {gardenlife,biz) so will post when erected .

Mrs bridges has done a great job of rearing the two babies by herself and miss jones and phillip have hatched their egg today and hopefully egg 2 will hatch tomoz

the twins at 3 weeeks old naming competion is still on jack is judging Image

a little one of my ann-a-lou greta she is a lovely hen really mild and friendly she is like my shadow follows me everywhere still bottom of the flock bless her fluffly bloomers ,she doesnt seem to care though and is happy and content and thats all that matters to me
she has been out of the cages since oct 2012 and what a difference it makes to these little girls they are a treat to rehome ,i love em

and this is miss jones and phillip sitting all squashed up in their choccie tin keeping the baby snuggly and warm till we are allowed to see it

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ann-a-lou greta looks so contented bless her. I love it when they dustbathe in just anything
they are so resourceful arent they? I have to ak why Miss Jones and Philip?

julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Love the pictures Ace - Miss Jones looks a snotty mare sat in her quality street {rofwl}

I've looked at the run you're getting too - will be interested to see what its like when you get it - always want to give mine more room too. :-D
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Should have said snooty not snotty - sorry miss Jones {rofwl}
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

sandy wrote:Ann-a-lou greta looks so contented bless her. I love it when they dustbathe in just anything
they are so resourceful arent they? I have to ak why Miss Jones and Philip?

it was origionally miss jones and rigsby fro rising damp but rigsby flew one day and didnt come back {cry} so we got her another mate and called him phillip after the junior doctor that miss jones so lovingly adored {rofwl}

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

julie62 wrote:Love the pictures Ace - Miss Jones looks a snotty mare sat in her quality street {rofwl}

I've looked at the run you're getting too - will be interested to see what its like when you get it - always want to give mine more room too. :-D

its a really solid piece of kit and well made and comes in sections you can upgrade at a reasonable price too he is a lovley guy so helpful and a secret haggler too which always comes in handy i scured a cover at half price too and recommended the lane to him for advertising space ,hope it works our for richard as every spare copper comes in handy doesnt it im really pleased with it we have seen it .it is usually £400 and well worth it as it can be taken down and move with me should i decide )t'

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

The twins are so lovely, and Ann-a- lou looks so healthy and happy. Great photo's )t' Looking forward to seeing your new run :-D
LYN