Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
LisaB

Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by LisaB »

Sounds like you've had a very busy day!!

Marilyn really looks like part of the gang, I couldnt be happier {hug}

And I can't get over how adorable Phillipe and Miss Jones' baby is!! My goodness {hug} {hug}

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Loved the Frankki ice skating story {rofwl} Bless him , he must have been sooo embarassed!! Sounds like Marilyn has settled in so well its as if she has always been with your gang )t' Lisa must be over the moon!!!
Keep the stories coming Ace, really enjoy reading them :-D
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Poor old Frankii bet that dented his street cred {rofwl} Beautiful photos, what happy contented girls, don't fret Ace your Marlene is enjoying the sunshine forever with all our lost girlies {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

aceface wrote:
Benny&Co wrote:Absolutely gorgeous pictures Ace and how exciting getting a lovely new walk in run - it really does make a difference, I know that it did for us when we had ours done :-D

I love Dorey's comb and wattles, aren't they the most lovely shade of pink

{rofwl} im glad you like them bev ,i also appreciate your love of pink ,wonder if we can buy pink feathered hens ?

I've often wondered that too Ace! {rofwl} {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Awwwwww Ace what absolutely gorgeous pictures and I love your little pidgeon baby, how cute is he hey {hug} {hug}

{rofwl} about saucy Frankii! {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

sandy wrote:Poor old Frankii bet that dented his street cred {rofwl} Beautiful photos, what happy contented girls, don't fret Ace your Marlene is enjoying the sunshine forever with all our lost girlies {hug}

what a lovely thought sandy thank you its done me good to change the run and coop it has stopped me looking for her i must admit and now im used to 3 brown heads and one pair of fluffy white bloomers .one cockerels comb and three little girls its good to count to 8 again {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

well what a miserable day here in south yorkshire we have been under a blanket of fog and rain {cry} im streaming with cold and the girls are as happy as larry in their posh Walk-in-Run covered by a huge tarpaulin that we manged to get up in the nick of time as the weather is going to be awful for the next few days so at least the girls will be able to spend time under cover i hate them getting wet :oops:

the baby pigeon is doing really well hes another huge one and the twins are now eating and drinking completley on their own im due to start worming my girls on sunday so we will see what that produces i havent seen anything but but its not always visible as we all know so flubenvet is measured out and we will be administering with grapes as per steve valentines tip it is so much easier ,they were frontlined this sunday and all inspections brought nothing to the forefront ,thank goodness.

a very boring day at chez ace ,but a happy little dry flock ,i have taken some photos but photobucket is playing up as usual so maybe tomorrow.........................
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oooh Ace, would love to see pictures of your new run )piicy( )t'

Whenever I've wormed my ladies, I've never once seen any worms - as yet.
Bev x

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

a better day today and boy have we been busy ,more cable ties on the netting >dum< and tomorrow we will be double netting now we have the tension and everything is level and straightened up.

the photos here were taken this morning and then golf husband came home about 2pm and started to build a path :) .so we now have a wonderful pea gravel path that the hens enjoyed helping him to rake out {rofwl} ,he has placed a tanalised timber lip all around the 3 edges and the 4th edge is up against the decking so this will prevent digging around the steel frame it has wire skirt all around the edges to strengthen on the outside and the inside of the run.

we have also twisted wire around the corners of the frame and spiked it just so that if the dreaded mr f decides to get too close he will spike his nose and body,its not something i was too happy to do but after a bit of research and seeing how their jaws work and how strong they are it was a no brainer really ,my girls have to be safe so that i feel confident about leaving them in the run when i go out .

i also managed to fly my doves and pigeons today as we havent seen the buzzards recently so they had a good exersice too.

i think im going to be busy on rehome day i have a confirmed 83 birds so far and other rehomers on my list that just need to confirm their pick up point .

i have a little photo for bev of my rheima and her little bouffant hairdo ,she was none too pleased at being photographed whilst laying her little blue egg and boy did she let me know i got a good shouting at.

view of the front of the run attached to the coop.

a view from the side of the run taken with the house behind me and stood on the decking
Imageaken from

and a view of the prisoners {rofwl}

Marilyn took the opportuntiy to dig a huge hole to dustbathe in but she has dug it right on top of my rhubarb )gr:

she is no longer the beautiful fluffy white hen that arrived from lisa one week ago,she is now a grubby grey colour sorry lisa i will wash and blow dry her :oops: to restore her beauty once again

and golf husband had a little helper today..........and just for bev and i she is sporting a beautiful pink bow :)

all in all we have worked so hard on the run im just happy in the knowledge that my girls have lots of space to play in,we will be adding proper perches and different levels for them to explore tomorrow .

the golf course is now a distant memory ...........................

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

just to let you know the green net bag had a fat ball in it with the birds had eaten and the hens plyed a game of" pinch the net bag and run as fast as you can" Marilyn has carried it with her today long after the other got fed up ,i have taken it off her before bed )t' she has a funny habit of carrying bits about with her >shrug< she did it with the lid from a small tub of worms and a hanky mum accidentally dropped she doesnt attempt to eat them but she pinched a rack of golf husbands brown rawl plus when he was strengthening the run and it was so funny watching him try to catch her to retreive them ,she is one fast little lady {hug}

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I am sure I have seen a hen like that blue and white one before - tell me Ace has she produced any eggs yet and what colour are they ?
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

+f+ sile}

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wow Ace, your new run is fabulous - what a lovely mansion for your ladies and Frankii :-D

Love all your pictures as always and look at your little Tufty-Head like our Gloria, awww very cute indeed {hug}

Marylin looks well happy, she's certainly got her wings under the table {hug}

Love Sunny's pink bow too - she did have a pink 'dress' that I made, not sure what's happened to it though.
Bev x

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

What a fantastic run !!! The hens on DTL must be the most spoilt ever :-D
LYN
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

really rubbish day here drizzle and grey cloudy skies ,the girls spent most of the day in the new runand they stayed quite dry but insisted on standing in the only bit that the tarpaulin didnt cover }hairout{ .
6 eggs today so evryone has laid so scrummy eggs for breakfast tomorrow and as a i am full of cold i havent fot to make it )eat( brings a whole new maning to snotty eggs )loo( .

i have decided to add a posh girl to the flock and am mulling over a choice of two breeds but i promise i will buy only one .ang.

im going to add her at the same time as my rescue girl so there will be less stress at intro time >dowhat<

my little girl marlene making the most of her dustbath indoors out of the cold rain just before she was pts ,i really miss her and just wanted to post her picture one last time ,i found it whilst browsing through photobucket