Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Mrs B

Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by Mrs B »

Maybe the chooks were planning a protest against battery cages.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

They do make me laugh, they all have to be doing the same thing {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

delphine has had a much better day wandering around getting the odd bokk but nothing horrid ,she is eating everything in sight and hanging around the edges of the flock getting nearer :-D she is getting great at coming in the Walk-in-Run when i rattle the tin of worms i have to put everyone else in the coop out of her way though so we canget her in without a bokk ,mum is doing well which helps so much and we have been cuddling the babies who now go out into the little cage so they can see the others and they are scratching and chasing around ,they havent been in to investigate their little house yet but im sure they will they have little pecks at mealworms when i call the big girls in to command so they can learn what they get when they hear my voice and have had a little taste of sweetcorn today and walked around it like it was an elephant id put in front of them {rofwl}

the afternoon turned busy and there will be an addition to the story of the cockerels in the thread from yesterday ,but i think it will be added tomorrow with maybe a picture +f+
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

today has been a bit hectic what with hospital appt with mum that take ages but all is well ,i was impressed with Delphine today bless her she came to the rattling tin everytime today little legs beetling along ten to the dozen fluffy tail bobbing along it is such a comical sight to see she reminds me of a hovercraft she zooma along so fast its nigh on impossible to see her legs ,that hen will never get fat she is always scooting for worms and digging ,she has mooched all around the garden today investigating and noseying in every nook and cranny odd bokk along the way from marilyn and ann -a-lou ,she is beginning to mix a little more instead of hiding in the nest box when alarmed at different noises and hens ,she has no fear of frankii and when he went for a look at her today she was off "zoom" gone in a cloud of dust and squeaks {rofwl}

they enjoyed the sunshine and she happily dustbathed alongside pippy and isabella so >fi< we are getting there {hug}
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Sounds like its all going really well Ace, although maybe Frankii needs to change his aftershave in order to impress Delphine! {rofwl}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

dorey enjoying the sunshine she loves it and follows it round the garden

the beautiful marilyn

spot the silkie

poor frankii hot footing it back to the coop ,after i had just informed him that he had a csa bill for the 7 chicks that had just hatched from pippy and porsha ,bless him

i swopped the eggs from my 3 banty ladies for the baby black rocks but unfortunalty none of the welsummer eggs were fertile so we will try some again and see what happens then so 7 of the 12 are hatching {hug}

nobody gets this silkie girls corn cob she loved it she devoured the whole thing and protected it to within an inch of its life running at the gilrs if they went to ake it from her ,shes no fool my delphine

isabella attacking hers

prila was funny she didnt know what to do with it he walked round it scratched it beaked it and then finally got stuck it it was allover her face ,bless her cage free 4 weeks and it seems like shes been here forever

marilyn takes no prisoners when cob corn is on offer she picks it up and runs off with it if the other girls approach her

life is ticking over in cluckingham palace prila and delphine are halfway through worming everyone had pedicures although late this week the babies are bursting fit and protesting about growers pellets as opposed to chick crumb its hard not to give in and give crumb when they cheep and look at me so longinly but it has to be done and im being tough ,well as tough as i can be .

they are preening alot and perching ,they spend most of the day in the garden in the enclosure and if the weather turns they go in their little pen in the Walk-in-Run and have integration time nearly all day and then at

night they are brought indoors to sleep ,its too cold for my babies just yet +f+

im now pretty sure boudica is a boy his tail has split into two and is kinda frizzy but i will save the photos and descriptions for tommorow when big al and i post about the chicks .

i have heard all the cockerels are settled and doing well and that little coco well im sure she is having the time of her life :)

mum is doinok just boring for her but hopefully we are going to get a big jigsaw out tomorrow and do some of that ,we have the jumbo crossword to do from the paper today and if the weather is fine ace and mum are in the garden having a day of rest it has been so hectic this week we both deseve some kick back time ,i hope you have all had a lovely weekend

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

as you know i swopped m black rocks for frankiis eggs and my little nephew jack wrote his anme on one of the eggs and the first one to hatch completley today was the egg he had wrote his football nickname on "jacko 11" {hug} i will be receiving some pics later today hopefully so i will post them ,the proud fsther is in the garden digging for worms {rofwl}

Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

aceface wrote:the proud fsther is in the garden digging for worms {rofwl}

{rofwl} {rofwl} You have a way with words! How lovely that Jack's egg hatched first. Pics soon?
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

yes im hoping that she sends me some soon im very eager to see what my handsome boy has fathered ,however the mother seemed nonplussed when i made the announcement much more interested in dustbathing ,poor little mite good job the baby is in the good hands of sarah at the hatchery {hug}

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

got mum out in the garden today lovely and sunny watching the girls digging and dust bathing ,little delphine lays now at the side of the babies run watching them and Marilyn lays at the other side like two little guards,

babies are perching now at night and eating growers they had maggots today and boudica was afraid of them wriggling in the dish,he was going toward the dish and fluffing up and running away ,they used the big girls perch today over the dust bath and flew !!!!!!!! funny to watch them find out what things are approaching the girls food dishes and poking their beaks in flicking shell and pellets ,Marilyn found a patch of chickweed that was growing in a plant pot and you would think she had found beluga caviar she was growling when prila approached but allowed her some she snatched a sprig and sprinted off delphine chased her for it got a bit twigged what it was a because she is so little she couldn't reach up to the plant pot to get it so up she flew stood on top of it and was plucking away at it over the top of Marilyn .

it has proved that with time and patience this little silkie has settled the odd bokk has still come her way but frank has taken a fancy to her not chased her yet but he has that cheeky glint in his eye when he sees her he walks towards her but zoom shes off ,clever girl that one ,tried some more separation time with the babies today but to no avail lana cries now aswell when they are out of sight and sound of each other so they need each other obviously ,little darlings they have a couple of hours in the grden in the morning in their little pen athen into the big Walk-in-Run for the rest of the afternoon while im in the garden with the big girls ,they love it they scratch and have bathed in the ground covering and picked at sprigs of grass that are bursting through in the Walk-in-Run in the little nooks and crannies that the big girls cant get to.

all in all just a chicken day {hug}

Luna
Longlasting Laner

Post by Luna »

Sounds a perfect chicken day and glad your Mum could enjoy some time in the sunshine watching them. Nice to hear Delphine is settling in well.
Jo x
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
Atticus Finch in 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

spent all day doing chicken things sorting the hen house and the pigeon loft good scrub out of everything with 10 little helpers getting in the way )t'

just a few photos to brighten the diary ,the girls love having mum around so much ,she had her pot leg up on a box today and the babies flew straight up on it ,well the pot is red {rofwl}

photo bucket is stroppy I shall try later }hairout{

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

my latest baby pigeon

all girls at the kitchen window peering in at the humans having just devoured my primulas

just wandering around at twilight

little delphine

my big girl dorey having a little me time on her fave perch

little prila noseying at the camera she is now sprouting little feathers on her bald chest and throat

little porscha not often I get to photograph her she is a shy quiet bird

I emptied some old pots and my Isabella loves rooting around for little beetles etc

Marilyn eating her supper she likes the dish and water font on the table she eats there all the time she likes to be high up

and little Augustine Elizabeth
the nosiest bird in the coop wow can this girl knock out a loud egg laying song

big al
Lively Laner

Post by big al »

Hi

Beatiful ace just beatiful love the baby pigeon he is so cute.

Al
[center]BIG ALS ASYLUM FOR HENS AND FREINDS
(MY HOBBY IS MY LIFE)[/center]
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

a very quick post ..I put the babies out into the wooden coop where everyone sleeps in the two separate hen houses at night time ,the babies have a little bunny hutch that is big enough for them at the moment and nice and warm with plenty of bedding and adequate ventilation ,well they made a terrible fuss they cried jumped on my knee snuggled up in my cardigan flew on my shoulder it was distressing for me ,I finally got them in still crying walked out for two mins and went back in and they were laid down and fast asleep ,they have spent all day playing in the garden coming in only when the rain came and at bedtime same again I feel very awful and guilty {cry} but I know they have to get used to it ,the big girls just stood around looking at the noises coming from the hutch I know they will be fine but boy they know hw to make you feel guilty