Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by aceface »

i must admit i have seen delphine making little bits of straw around her like a nest and she does love that nest box trouble is so does marilyn yike*

it will be nice to see her sisters i shall print off a picture and put it on her bedside cabinet {rofwl}

just in case she misses them )grin2(
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx

big al
Lively Laner

Post by big al »

Hi

{rofwl} Her two sisters are darker they are like identical twins you will see tomorrow.

Al
[center]BIG ALS ASYLUM FOR HENS AND FREINDS
(MY HOBBY IS MY LIFE)[/center]
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Wonderful pic of Delphines little face in the nest, she looks so comical bless her {rofwl} I'm sure she reminds me of someone :?
LYN
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

had to put delphine in the segregation pen for safety whilst i took mum to hospital and didnt want girls to have unsupervised access {warn} we got home and mum safely settled on the sofa i let the girls out into the sunshine i sat out with them and little bobbble head delphine came out and shot onto the rockery at the back of the trees ,the girls were around her and no problems ,she didnt zoom or make a noise she just kept one eye on them as she scratched and dug a little hole until all i could see was her little tufty bobble ,bless her those 5 little toes have a great deal of strength in them she dustbathed most of the afternoon she even joined in the scrum for sweetcorn albeit on the edges but thats a good sign ,it made me feel better anyway .

all my girls came and had a look at the babies this afternoon but marilyn is fascinated by them its odd when they run around beeping she makes a little low cluck and peers at them through the wire ,maybe shes maternal >shrug< or has put herself in charge of integration duties ,she was a bit nasty tempered at teatime when i put them in the Walk-in-Run frankii was determined to love her and she was determined he was not going to love her ........... he runs after her and she runs away but when she stops he stops but she cant half make a racket so frankii got put in the sin bin to cool off ,naughty boy )de:

the baies are growing so quickly and love being sat on my knee ,mum insisted i took isabella round to say goodnight to her and the babies or "my little beepers " as she calls them so it cheered her up she loves the hens and i got told off for puttimg frankii in the sin bin

little delphine took herself off to bed tonight into the ark bedroom so it looks like she is going to be resident in that bedroom and is more than comfy ,when i checked she was sandwiched beween dorey and marilyn the two biggest hens so at least she will be cosy and warm tonight {hug}

tomorrow will be no doubt a little busy with mum so the diary may be a little late in the evenings
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace Frankii and Marilyn sound like a Taylor and Burton {rofwl} Best wishes to your mum {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

thank you sandy ,did much the same as yesterday hen wise but mucked out the hen house and refreshed the whole Walk-in-Run dusted and sprayed ,everyone helped >dum< {rofwl} ,job took twice as long as everyone wanted to lay in the coop i was working in and made a hell of a racket about it ,i think the sun is boiling frankiis brains he ended up in the sin bin again ,his amour is getting the better of him so i gave the girls some peace and quiet and left him in the coop while they had some male free time to sunbathe ,i think spring has sprung for frankii bless him >ch<

delphine is coming out from behind the trees a little more and comes for sweetcorn now when i call them all she put herself to bed again no probs after i put her in the ark to get something to eat and drink so i think we are settling in slowly

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Ace, wow Delphine has a wonderful bouffant, you must give me the name of her hairdresser as my little Piccolo could do with a bit more fuff on her topknot.
Your big ladies will get used to determined silkie ways because if Delphine makes her mind up to lay an egg alongside one of the others , say Marilyn, nothing will stop her. I wonder what colour egg she will give you, my silke's eggs vary from white to a light creamy coffee colour and they are always absolutely perfect, never a blemish and spotlessly clean.
My fingers are firmly crossed that the babies will turn out to wear frilly knickers and not boxer shorts x
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

Annie wrote:Ace, wow Delphine has a wonderful bouffant, you must give me the name of her hairdresser as my little Piccolo could do with a bit more fuff on her topknot.
Your big ladies will get used to determined silkie ways because if Delphine makes her mind up to lay an egg alongside one of the others , say Marilyn, nothing will stop her. I wonder what colour egg she will give you, my silke's eggs vary from white to a light creamy coffee colour and they are always absolutely perfect, never a blemish and spotlessly clean.
My fingers are firmly crossed that the babies will turn out to wear frilly knickers and not boxer shorts x

oh Annie this post has made me chuckle i shall try to answer your questions

1 her hairdresser is big al he gave her a big bouffant to protect her head against Dorey bokking her !!

2 determined silkie ways have started ,Delphine went tot bed at 6.30 tonight to get the best spot in the coop.she has decided that Ann-a-lou has the best place in the bedroom which is in the top left corner away from the door and first out for the food

3 she laid today in the dust bath in the Walk-in-Run and would not move for porscha to get in and bokked her and then pippy went for some sweetcorn near her and she also got bokked

i too hope the babies have pink bloomers and not boxers ,although im sure big al will give me access visits to them if they are boxer shorts wearers, he has offered to give me a silkie if they are boys as a swop bless him ,hes so nice but i think there is only room in my coop for the one silkie ,im not sure my nerves will take the palaver she creates ,

make a strange little noise dont they Annie ,not a cluck by any description more a squeak and when she zooms around squeaking they are all on red alert wanting to investigate ,she attracts their attention but she seems to be coming out of her shell a little more and be a bit more daring she uses the water font on the garden and walks tentatively on the grass she picks up her feet really high .

her tail is up now so shes felling a little better but when she gets scared if the big girls help her to understand the pecking order {rofwl} she zooms back to the high nestbox for a while i think its her safety net .

i have had to remember she is only short and lower my feeders and drinkers as i usually have them 2 bricks high to prevent them stooping too much and i have put a little drinker on the shelf with the nestbox and she uses that she eats really well ,she also comes to call when it is sweetcorn time and she is getting there when i rattle the tin to call them into the Walk-in-Run so im hoping shes getting used to us .

i have a couple of photos to post but im very tired today we have had alot of visitors to see mum ,so my diary has been a bit boring ,sorry :oops:

Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

aceface wrote:she seems to be coming out of her shell a little more
{rofwl}

aceface wrote:my diary has been a bit boring ,sorry :oops:

Your diary is never boring - I love reading about you and your chickens chickenny adventures. Keep them coming!
big al
Lively Laner

Post by big al »

aceface wrote:3 she laid today in the dust bath in the Walk-in-Run and would not move for porscha to get in and bokked her and then pippy went for some sweetcorn near her and she also got bokked

yay i knew she wouldnt be long before she laid one of her sisters is on the verge of going broody mmmm what eggs can i put under her ???? {rofwl}

Al
[center]BIG ALS ASYLUM FOR HENS AND FREINDS
(MY HOBBY IS MY LIFE)[/center]
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

What colour was Delphines egg?? Hope your Mum is feeling better {hug}
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace boring is the last word I would ever use to describe your diary {warn} You must be exhausted with all the work you have and now you have a joint diary to update too +f+
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

big al wrote:
aceface wrote:3 she laid today in the dust bath in the Walk-in-Run and would not move for porscha to get in and bokked her and then pippy went for some sweetcorn near her and she also got bokked

yay i knew she wouldnt be long before she laid one of her sisters is on the verge of going broody mmmm what eggs can i put under her ???? {rofwl}

Al

al im a dork i should have explained myself better she didnt lay an egg she was laid as in laid down really sorry :oops:

and as for putting eggs under her ,you naughty boy {warn} i shall be keeping a close eye on you {rofwl} {rofwl}

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

just a few photographs to brighten up the diary these were taken yesterday in the garden lovely and warm and sunny

i had put the babies cage outside to wash and air and whilst going to get a dustpan to empty it i came back to this

how many hens can you fit in a cage? {rofwl}

and later i caught this little picture all digging nicely in the hay patch

a line up of the usual suspects

very orderly my little chooks

Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

how many hens can you fit in a cage? {rofwl}

Love it, love it. It's like that 70s fashion for jamming people into phone boxes and minis. Talented little chooks.