Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by Annie »

Going back to Marilyns odd habit - makes me wonder do you think her daddy may have been a magpie ?
I still can't get photocr@ppybucket to work )gr:
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

im not sure Annie she carried a cable tie today and took it in the nest box with her to lay her egg,dont know what she wanted to tie together i took that off her and she then found a bit of pigeon feather and had that a while until the tug of war ended in frankii pursuing her for other reasons and that girl is hanging onto her virtue ,that poor little cockerel cannot get her into his harem {cry} naughty boy {cry} and she is filthy she insists on dustbathing in soil and its been so wet she is having a bath tomoz and then worming begins )loo(
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Ace, lovely picture of Marlene {hug} {hug}

Sorry to hear you're poorly as well, hope you're a bit better today {hug}

I keep opening the door of our girls Mansion for them to have a play in the garden - they don't seem keen at all - maybe they don't like the mud! {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

Fantastic set up Ace. Love reading about all the goings on )t'
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

isabella and ann - a lou had been rooting in the muddy sludgey puddle that hangs about in the garden it has leafy bits amongst it with other unidentifiable objects that linger in this soup and both had to be bathed .

i bathed and mum blow dried Isabella is used to it but it is ann-a-lous first experience but she was good .

both have beautiful fluufy bloomers but im not sure how that will last as Isabella is a mudlark )gr: a real scruffy happy hen {hug&kiss}
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

They're enjoying that wash and blow - beautiful.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace that is no prison, that looks more like The h1lton )t' I love your piccies, how on earth do you get your girls to stand still for their blow dry? I have to put down some mealworms so their bum is in the air and I can blow dry it. Dont let that be the last time you put one of your pictures of Marlene on here, it is lovely to see much loved girls again, my Alice was so special she is my avatar. Note to Annie, photopail does not change until the 18th March, what are you doing?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

What perfect little ladies you have Ace, standing there as good as gold :-D My Boots was very good when I had to give her a bath. When I finished drying her she still had a few damp feathers on her tum, I put her on the floor and she bent her neck right down and looked between her legs to see what was feeling so strange {rofwl}
LYN
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

we had a very cold snowy day here ,however the girls still free ranged all except marilyn who had a trot round and fled back to the warmth of the coop ,clever girl.

frankii seems to be giving up i think hes fed up of falling off {warn} naughty boy

i have ordered an 8m x 4m clear tarp from flea bay tonight that will cover the top and sides of the ner Walk-in-Run and give protection and prevent a slop dosh floor .

frankii and his girls found a piece of polystyrene that had blown over the hedge and spent a while playing grab and run on a bare patch of grass not covered in snow and they were covered in bits by the time i got to them i just hope theyve not eaten any {cry}

i got 6 eggs again today so everyone laid )t'

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Snow yike* Not that white stuff again! I am chuckling picturing Frankii and Marilyn {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

yes we have snow and it has stayed ,we are expecting more tomorrow {cry}

julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Poor Frankii - cant you get him a little step ladder :-D
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

julie62 wrote:Poor Frankii - cant you get him a little step ladder :-D

{rofwl} {rofwl}

golf husband suggeted a pogo stick >dowhat<

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

{rofwl} {rofwl} poor Frankii
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

a really bitterly cold day with a strong biting wind greeted me this morning as i trudged down the garden to the hen house swirling round my earlugs and making my nose tingle .

i stepped inside to a very fresh smelling hen house i had mucked out all the old floor covering and sprinkled sanitiser on the floor last night after the girls had gone to bed,i sprinkled the old stuff on the floor of the Walk-in-Run to dry up some sludgy bits.

two little eggs waiting for me today and a third blue egg later this afternoon so 3 in total today.

i covered the floor with fresh auboise and let the girls back in to kick it around til the snow stopped ,they do an excellent spreading job all except marilyn who has taken up a rather regal position on top of the little tunnel and just watched the brown girls do the work ,as usual {rofwl} .

not much free ranging time today as it was too cold to stay out with them and i still have a horrid cold and felt a bit off today with it ,so they have kicked and preened and scooched to their hearts content ,im so glad i got the old tarp up to give them some protection but it will be so much better when the clear one arrives it will go down the sides to the ground and i will still be able to see them from the window when im in the house :-D .

i went on line last night to wik in sons and reserved a plastic storage lidded garden box ,its very sturdy and waterproof i plan to store the auboise and bedding in there instead of the extension cupboard as i have had a good chuck out in there and given loads of stuff away that GH was saving just in case >dum< ,the just in case must have included a global shortage of screws/nails etc and of course the obligatory plastic bag nest ,screws in his shed, bags in bag bin for poop picking.

couldnt fly the doves/pigeons today due to the swirling snow so they had a good clear out today aswell and the baby is really getting big willl take his pic tomoz hes a real fatty and is black and white pied like his daddy.

went to put the girls away at bedtime counted 3 little brown heads about to close the door when "it should be 1 white head" kicked in turned round to find she was in the nest box on top of frankiis house she had laid her little egg bless her and mustve got caught out when i turned the light off and just stayed there so popped in with her sisters and promptly snuggled down.

she seems to be preffering her own company at the moment and loves to perch on anything especially the little tunnel i have and just watches the others quite content i dont think she likes the cold either,cant blame her really can we?.

frankii is still fancying his chances with no luck and i think shes probably doing the "im invisible " thing when they are new to avoid attention but Ann-a-lou loves her she stands with her sun(?)bathes with her and preens her face they have a nice little twosome pallyness about them ,she will sit on my knee now happily and makes that lovely little soft cluck noise and stretches her neck out when i rub her chest.

she has had a little pedicure gently wiped her feet with a soft warm flannel and dried them just to get her ready for the weekly pedicure and foot check on thursday i dont want to freak her out ,she is a great little layer and has only missed 2 days since i had her ,she lays a cracking egg too biggest yet is 72grms the biggest i got from the xbatts was 68grms and 61grams from the banties .

i have started a 7 day worm today but it is a farce i have to give annalou hers in porridge oats she wont eat grapes and marilyn hers in loshed up cabbage as she loves it and i dont want her detecting it and getting wise to me.

not much exciting we will see what tomorrow brings )wav(