Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by aishakali »

Hope things seem a bit brighter today Ace {hug} Just remember, 'all things pass! :-D ' and we've all had down days, (some more than others :oops: )
LYN

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well I hope you havent destroyed anymore of your housing? I seriously hope you have had a better day, at least the nights are getting longer now {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

much better day thank you ,spoke to two lovely laners today and had good advice re delphine and the chicks ,

delphine had a couple of hours on the lawn but stayed camoflaged in the trees {rofwl} watching from afar,i put everyone away at teatime except marilyn and prila as they just do their own thing and delphine was bit braver and came out of hiding and had a drink and some banana which she wolfed down i cant beleive how much she eats for a little un ,no wonder she can zoom and is full of energy she then went ove to the Walk-in-Run and watched the others making a beeping sound which is like nothing i have heard before ,i let her in ald she went straight to the little pen where she had another hour or so before bed ,i then ushered the exbatts into their bedroom with loud protest waited a little time and then popped delpine in the nest box right at the back of the coop ,i have been out cake decorating and i came back and looked in and they are all fast asleep and intact .but .........delphine is in the nestbox beak towards the wall and bottom hanging over the lip of the nestbox directly above doreys head yike*

i think we know what i will be doing tomoz poor dorey :( i think shes definaltey in line for a poop on the head .

i feel better that delphine is in with the ex batts i didnt like her sleeping alone it also adds to seperation and seprate flocks which i dont want to encourage really so lets hope she settles .

as for the chicks they have spent all day outside in the sunshine in their cage and have loved it dustbathing in the bottom of the cage and i threw in a small handful of grass which they loved ,the girls were fascinated with them but the novelty wore off when they found out they couldnt eat them LOL.

we put them away at 5pm and they fell fast asleep i am taking away the lamp tonight to see how we go and if the sun is out tomorrow and we have all survived the night we will do much the sam as today .

the roof is intact ...phew at least something is going right and i think i have nearly got prila on pellets >fi<
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

isabella investigating the funny cheepy things in the garden

cant eat these so im off ...........boring babies {rofwl}

Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace they are so cute {hug} Thats good Delphine has bunked up with the batties, please take a photo of Dorey's head in the morning
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

sandy wrote:Ace they are so cute {hug} Thats good Delphine has bunked up with the batties, please take a photo of Dorey's head in the morning

with or without the extra topping {rofwl} {rofwl} )loo(

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

aceface wrote:
sandy wrote:Ace they are so cute {hug} Thats good Delphine has bunked up with the batties, please take a photo of Dorey's head in the morning

with or without the extra topping {rofwl} )loo(

{rofwl} Looks like you are feeling a bit better today Ace )t'
LYN
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

just a quickie dorey was minus the topping {rofwl} phew didnt fancy picking that out of her head and comb.

well the babies survived without the heatlamp and delphine was in one piece i have put her out in the garden and she is behind the trees watching the hooligans free ranging at least she is out of the Walk-in-Run she is ladi in the soil picking bits of whatever out of the soil and staying camoflaged i am keeping an eye on her from a distance but its so windy here i think she will get blown back to big als if she comes out {rofwl}

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

well she stayed in the garden behind cover of the trees dustbathing etc and she could see any approaching hens {rofwl} she ventured out for a drink etc and some pellets and then we had half an hour out with marilyn and prila and she ventured a little onto the grass for a peck so hopefully when we do half hour integration at bedtime we shall see how that goes she is in the little pen at the moment .

the babies had most of the afternoon on the lawn in a little wire apex i rigged up so that they could scratch at the grass etc and they are now fast asleep its so tiring all this growing lark :) they are so sweet and have grown since last week and they now look very different ,boudica looks just like crash,her brother that lives with big al ,so im pretty sure we have at least one little boy im going to get some feather photos etc and post them see what you think ,i dont know what i will do with the other little hen if she turns out to be a boy too {cry}

my big girls are fine just enjoying better weather as no doubt we all are )t'

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

>fi< Fingers crossed you have at least one little girl Ace. I expect everyones hens have been enjoying this lovely mild day, I know mine have )t'
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Goodness me I think you need to be getting a sunlounger iut there even if you will have to wrap up, all your tooin and froing must be wearing you out and I know the watching what everyone is upto is just as exhausting

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

delphine survived the might yet again ,a little help needed to come out the pop hole and when she went to eat and drink she got bokked )gr:

running around did her no favours the girls where whipped up into a frenzy and there was a bit of bokking going on and where was delphine ,outside in the Walk-in-Run scoffing )grin2( maybe she is hatching diversion tactics to cover her back {rofwl}

babies out on the lawn again for a couple of hours and delphine dustbathing and watching girls dig when they went near her she didnt run away and she didnt get bokked or screech so maybe she worked it out stay quiet and they do nothing ,tonight bit of twilight integration but she took off to the high nestbox and watched them didnt come down for supper of mealworms but got a few on the edge of the nestbox and came out of hiding for those ,insted of waing for the big girls to go in the bedroom as they were scratching and preening i popped her in the pop hole, as she was falling asleep in the nest box ,and she went in ,big girls went in after no untowarrd behaviour of noises shut pop hile waited ,nothing so i peeped in the bedroom and there she was right slap bang in the middle of the big brown girls and the beautiful marilyn laid across the pophole doorway making a bumptious draft excluder ,boy were they warm so hopefully although slow progress maybe just maybe we are taking a step forward . >fi<

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

It sounds like it's going well >fi<
Horrible when they get bokked though isn't it )gr: I just want to say, chill out! There is no need for violence!
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

just a fluffy bloomers shot courtesy of isabella for lyn ,such an obliging girl although i have to say i was a bit scared she might poop on the babies as she was stood on their little makeshift outside run

and of course not a day goes by when i post a shot of my beautiful little delphine here she is lying low in the top nest box being quiet before bedtime

and the little babies enjoying the sun again

and little delphine looking at her big brown sisters through the Walk-in-Run door wondering why they are on the inside and shes on the outside

i have got the washing machine on and its on spin cycle and the babies are runnng round the cage like mad it has made them jump i shouldnt laugh but they are so funny {rofwl}

big al
Lively Laner

Post by big al »

Hi

She looks like she is settleing in i will post a pic of her sisters tomorrow she will be getting ready to lay soon i will post a pic of her sisters enormas clutch they have both been laying in the same nest i was waiting for them to go broody they have 18 eggs between them i am going to seperate them and give them 6 eggs each and wait till they go broody.

Al
[center]BIG ALS ASYLUM FOR HENS AND FREINDS
(MY HOBBY IS MY LIFE)[/center]