Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by Benny&Co »

Absolutely wonderful pictures Ace.

What are the twins, may I ask? :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

Benny&Co wrote:Absolutely wonderful pictures Ace.

What are the twins, may I ask? :-D

they are pied and white mac tumbler pigeons )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wow Ace, I've never heard of anything like that before. How did you come across them? I may have missed something somewhere along the way.

We have pigeons down here and they have a right attitude - they'll have a stand off with you in the middle of the road as you drive upto them!! {warn} {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

golf husband has always kept pigeons as did my dad and ilooked into getting a fancy type bird that was hardy and a good parent and a fancy flyer ,it works the same as hens with breeding as regards colourings but mac tumblers have their own style of flying ,which is extremly high and straight and then wings tucked in and kamikaze tumbling toward the ground and two feet or so off the ground take off again they are like a rollercoaster to watch and scary when they come back down!!!!!! yike*
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wow!

Hows things going with Marylin and the rest of the Stinkbombs, Ace? :-D
Bev x

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Thanks for the info on the names, maybe Jack(ie) and Vera would be good for others too? Waiting anxiously for piccies of your new set up, must go to ck and see how young Marilyn is getting on, would have loved to have had her but Lisa too far away from me, will say more in ck on the subject
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

all my stinkbombs are fine and well have been putting up new run it is fab im really pleased with it ,if you are thinking of e number and getting one sandy give me a pm and i will give you his private number so you can ring him direct and save a few pounds ,i will be good this week and write my diary and update on sunny )t'

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Thanks so much Ace but a new home is coming wednesday, mind you when I see yours I may have to have another one +f+
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Hope you will )piicy( when your runs is done Ace. How long d'you think it would take to take over all your garden?? :-D
LYN
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

aishakali wrote:Hope you will )piicy( when your runs is done Ace. How long d'you think it would take to take over all your garden?? :-D

)w( watch this space {rofwl} >ch<

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

we have spent all afternoon working on the new Walk-in-Run ,tigthening the net etc and the hens have dustbathed and chased midges whish is hilarious to watch i tried to get a pic of them midair but with nom luck .

we are really impressed with this Walk-in-Run its very sturdy and we have joined it onto the coop so that they can spent time inthe garden when i need to go out and they will be safe,
it is so nice to buy something in this day and age that does what it says on the tin,all the screw holes are lined up and in the right place and the net supplied is small and galvanised as is all the metal poles ,the timber is tanalised and everything was explained in photo diagram and he has added tips to the instructions that work really well,it cam with hundreds of cable ties to secure the netting and although this is time consuming and fiddly it makes the netting really strong and sturdy ,but i have a huge blister on my fingers from pulling them tight.

we have added the coop that pegpuss gave me and some upturned buckets and a dustbath ,some large branches as perches and we are thinking of what else to add to give them things to play on ao any tips will be welcome :-D

the baby pigeons are spending time on the grass in an enclosed run and they are beautiful and now eating by themselves which gives mum a break ,she has done really well to bring them up on her own as she is only young herself .phillipe and miss jones are rearing their young one but i havent managed to get a photo yet .

isabella enjoying a corn cob

my big gentle giant Dorey investigating a flowerpot that used to be full of primulas until a certain group of naughty bantams ate them )gr:

not the most flattering pose but she was really enjoying herself my lovely Isabella bless her

and the usual lovley sunbathing pic with frankii stood on guard protecting his ladies

stood in the sunshine nodding little ann-a-lou greta she is such a little lady and so gentle and friendly

tomorrow we will be working in the run again doing bits and bobs

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Beautiful pictures of happy chooks )t' Thank goodness for a bit of sun :-D
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Absolutely gorgeous pictures Ace and how exciting getting a lovely new walk in run - it really does make a difference, I know that it did for us when we had ours done :-D

I love Dorey's comb and wattles, aren't they the most lovely shade of pink :-D
Bev x

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

Benny&Co wrote:Absolutely gorgeous pictures Ace and how exciting getting a lovely new walk in run - it really does make a difference, I know that it did for us when we had ours done :-D

I love Dorey's comb and wattles, aren't they the most lovely shade of pink :-D

{rofwl} {rofwl} im glad you like them bev ,i also appreciate your love of pink ,wonder if we can buy pink feathered hens ?

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

another day spent working in the garden on the new run .
i have spent today cable clipping together all the lengths and sections of the wire that cover the framework and looking for potential entry points and strengthening them checking and double checking .
boy am i sick of the sight of cable ties ,my fingers are covered in little cuts and nicks and i have another blister.

tomorrow i will be securing the skirt with heavy duty ground pegs to prevent foxes etc digging underneath and then the paving slabs can be laid around the perimeter to add extra security.

mum found a huge tarpaulin that was in dads shed so we spread it out on the ground and washed it down after the girls had gobble dup the beetles and spiders that had taken up residence in the folds ,all the woodlice duly gobbled up i fetched a bowl of soapy water out and a brush and proceeded to brush wash it off ,oh no 8 little helpers had other ideas they decided to traipse across it with muddy straw laded feet rendering it more filthy that it was in the first place and then frankii chased marilyn across it resulting in him slipping and scaring himself and ending up very wet and soapy he chuntered to himself and jumped onto the barbeque and crowed his head off ignoring my pleas for silence ,

so tarpaulin in place and secured it can be rolled back when it is not raining so im pleased i didnt have to purchase a roof cover .

ive added a few things to the run for them to play on hop ups tree logs etc and 2 dustbaths and of course the all important chair for ace to sit in with a cup of tea.

marilyn has been fine today and enjoyed some corn cob with her new brother and sisters ,also enjoyed a cuddle on mums knee in the sunshine dozing sfter frankii chased her ,i mean all he wants to do is show her how much he loves her >dowhat< but no ,she is having none of it she is one fast little runner that chicken much to his lordships disgust {rofwl} .

she stood for quite a while today watching the baby pigeons in the enclosure on the grass not trying to run up to them so hopefully she is tolerating them more as she spend time around them )t'

i was thinking about marlene today aswell wondering what she would have made of her and the new run as she was always first to investigate things ,a very brave and naturally inqusitive little hen ,i miss her so much .

soon cheered up though when i saw these lovely little birds enjoying a simple corn cob {hug&kiss}

and last but by no means least a long awaited picture of our new baby pigeon he is one week old tomorrow and the proud parents phillipe and miss jones are doing a fab job feeding him he is a hungry little tike and always cheeping for food {hug}