Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by aceface »

hi davina Isabella and Marlene were from the first time i rescued hens from you i got them on the oct 2011 rescue and dorey rescued 23 june 2012 was the hen that mom chose the first time i let het choose a hen and beleive you me the last {rofwl} remember when she popped her head out of the crates and we thought she was a cockerel )grin2( having never laid an egg she has been worth her weight in gold for the laughs and snuggles she has given us she is a very loving hen will sit on my lap and sleep she is a sun lover too she bakes in the sun im always worried she will overheat !! yike* cos she is so big we weighed her at xmas she was 5lbs 2oz like i said a big fat hen
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

just a little quick pic of my last rescued exbatt ann-a-lou she really has come on a treat and loves to stand on the table under the kitchen window and pick at the herbs ,but the tops of my carrots have suffered terribly {rofwl}
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

She looks gorgeous :-D
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

she is thank you morbidia she is such a mild mannered little hen and took a little while to get used to my rabble ,she hung around the henhouse for a good 3 weeks and never stops eating ,she has been wormed ,!!
she loves her pellets and doesnt mind being bottom hen she now pushes herself in the midst and gets stuck in shes still wary of Rheima bottom hen of the bantams but shes a fast runner bless her {hug}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace she is truly beautiful {hug} It's funny isn't it when there are treats the bottom girl will always give it a go
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

Davina and annie have inspired me to tell my little tale it kinda goes like this
March 2009 i had a bad accident and broke my back and my life went on hold ,feeling down and totally fed up with this body that didnt respond like i wanted it to i felt completley despondent i was limited physically to what i could do ,i wanted something to care for and give me a purpose and quite by accident i i picked up a magazine which had an insert for practical poultry i read a bit of this and that and i looked at fancy breeds etc but put it to the back of my mind until one sunday we passed a place selling bunny hutches etc ,we pulled in and golf husband said if you want some hens ill buy you an ark for the garden ,ok we bought it ,i stumbled across ex batt rescue on the web and knowing nothing about hens put my name down to adopt 3 ex batts ,oct came and one fine saturday afternoon drove to barnsley to pick them up met a really nice lady called tina and came home with 3 very bald brown hens ,i kept in touch with tina and wanted more hens ,i signed up to fresh start for hens and volunteered to see a rescue rehome ,that was it completley head over heels in love with ex batts and every time i helped tina i came home with a hen )grin2( she was always a leftover hen ,sadly a fox attack took two of my girls and i was devasted but completley revamped my hen house built a Walk-in-Run and fox proofed every nook and cranny i could find ,and i have grown in knowledge and freinds all down to little batterd brown girls and tina ,i couldnt imagine life without hens they have been fascinating and have given so much love they helped me to find a new purpose to my life and given me the confidence to meet people again , along came august and my 45ht birthday and i got 4 hens little bantams chosen from a hen owner and breeder they lived alongside each othe and as you all know one of my little girls was a boy !!!!!!!!! no way was he going anywhere just cos he was a boy ,i had always wanted a cockerel ,people say be careful what you wish for but it will suit me cos i wish for a simple life with hens in it and if i get my wish i will be very very happy ,i will always find room for one more and >fi< there will always be one more needing a home >ch< and she is welcome anytime i have so much to thank these little girls for and of course Tina i am now happy and fulfilled with my henny life and feel so content when i spend time with them ,this site has taught me so much about hens and growing vegetables it really is the good life )app(

davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Lovely post Ace, and that's for your kind comments.
It's funny how our life changes hen hens arrive, no more spending lots of money on new clothes and haircuts for me. Most weekends I look so untidy in my chicken clothes, I am embarrassed if anyone calls in to see me. But we are very happy chicken keepers {hug}
[center][/center]Davina
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace you have so much love in you cause you are certainly one exceptionally lady that your hennys and Franki Whippets must be showered in it {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

davina i also had regulare blow dries and manicures but now instead of shopping for high heels its good stout chicken wellies i now collect and as for the manicures whats the point the hens peck the polish off !!!
and sandy it is that obvious i adore my hens :oops: i do love em to bits i admit but im very happy for once in my life i want for nothing {hug}

s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

What a pretty little girl Ann-a-lou is , she's so nice and clean and girly..not like any of my asbo lot, they're always filthy :oops:
Sorry about your accident {hug} but I do believe that sometimes these horrible things happen for a reason..yours was obviously so you could look after these poor little souls ! hope you don't take offence >fi< ) I also got my girls for a similar reason..I broke my back in an accident many years ago and also had to have my shoulder replaced once or twice (actually 3 times thinking about it!) and have coped ok until last year when it was obvious that my back is slowly dying off and i was unable to carry on with my main out of work interest , which was my dog walking {cry} and it was then that I stumbled across the fresh start site and collected my first two girls in the May 2012 rehoming. And like you, I couldn't have done anything else that would have made me any happier I just live for the days I can have time at home with them >ch<
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

what a coincidence that we had as similar accident and we took the same path to recovery it ,being with the girls is certainly the best tonic for me the fresh air and cuddles we share, beats any kind of pain killer , n i will always keep the odd hen (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or two {rofwl} . i just need a coop with elastic sides )w(

manda

Post by manda »

It's never a surprise to me that these little feathered bods can have such a huge impact on people's life ...never underestimate the power of a chicken )grin2(

I LOVE hearing about people's stories with their chooks...and whilst, in some circumstances, the path to them coming into your life has been so traumatic I think fate has a wonderful (could be less dramatic!!) way of bringing people and chooks together.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

What a happy ending to your story, these liittle girls certainly do their best for us in more ways than can be counted, I started searching for a hobby that would get me out of my house after both my daughters moved out and I was living on my own, I work full time and do meet up with friends for coffee at least once a week, but I still had hours where I was sitting around with not a lot to do, I was starting to get a bit depressed about it. Then I decided to indulge a life long dream and get myself some chickens, it was only a short time later that I discovered the BHWT and decided that rescue hens were the way forward, I sometimes think me and my girls rescued each other :-D ...Oh and typically after 6 months both my daughters ended up living back at home.....lol...
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

morbidia wrote:What a happy ending to your story, these liittle girls certainly do their best for us in more ways than can be counted, I started searching for a hobby that would get me out of my house after both my daughters moved out and I was living on my own, I work full time and do meet up with friends for coffee at least once a week, but I still had hours where I was sitting around with not a lot to do, I was starting to get a bit depressed about it. Then I decided to indulge a life long dream and get myself some chickens, it was only a short time later that I discovered the BHWT and decided that rescue hens were the way forward, I sometimes think me and my girls rescued each other :-D ...Oh and typically after 6 months both my daughters ended up living back at home.....lol...

they are certainly a tonic for us arent they i would be lost without my little girls and handsome boy {hug}

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

They certainly are a tonic Ace )t'

Absolutely wonderful pictures of your gorgeous little lady Anna-Lou {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.