Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by aceface »

14 th jan 2012
woke up to a wintery scene all lovely and crisp and white
the trees were a lovely spidery web of frosty crisp snow and the garden looked amazing covered in its white robe
isabella and marlene were old hats at this white cold stuff and needed no encouragement to go outside
dorey was a little wary and took wary steps with trepidation
and only after a little path had been cleared for her
ann-a-lou greta wasnt too bothered by it all she had a tummy full of warm mash and could take this cold stuff by the horns
ImageImage
poor frankii whippers didnt venture far at all
eventually they decided enough was enough nothing was going to keep them from their free range time ,especially this funny white stuff at least the humans had a little path cleared for us )grin2(
eventually everyone made their way under the trees to grab a few bugs and worms
even the snow couldnt keep these girls from their free range time no way no how !!!

a bit of a different story for frankii whippers though he hot footed it back to the coop for some nice warm peace and quiet
i found him all snuggled up in the nest box bless him {hug&kiss} >ch<
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

What a beautiful winter wonderland, especially with the girlies exploring )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

They all look so happy, snow or no snow :-D
LYN
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

no photos today because i had an appointment which kept me away from home for a reasonable amount of time )gr: the hens seemed fairly nonchalant about the crispy white stuff beneath thier feet and just got on with it ,i now fill a plastic dog bowl with warm water and put it on a copule of bricks and bloomin heck they all rushed to it and guzzled dipping their little beaks in and out and poor old frankii stook his snout in and it went up his nares casing a sneezing fit and lots of head shaking ,i was scared he had inhaled the water and in true ace worrying he was then subject to having his chest listened to with the stethescope ,all went well until he had had enough and pecked my ear'ole hence i now have a little scab on the top of my left ear!! serves me right i suppose ,they are well and truly snuggled down in heaps of hay with tummies full of warm leftover vegetables and pellet mash !! the snow is coming down now and has covered all the cleared tracks we did for them and is coating my garden in a fresh coat of new snow ,i had a spiders web that was hung heavy with teeny frost droplets and it was exqusite ,i am hoping it will be there tommorow and i will photograph it ,baby Julius/Julia is doing well but he will get his beak shoved out as his mommy and daddy are sitting 2 eggs !!!!!!!!!! we will have to take them from her in a couple of days to prevent overcrowding and interbreeding ,we also have a new addition for miss jones and she has taken to him very well,Phillipe is now paired up with miss jones and no doubt we will be announcing her laying an egg :oops: they seem to have discovered a great way of keeping warm {warn} maybe tomorrow will bring some photo opportunites ,i would also like to say i am thoroughly enjoying reading these diaries and i have picked up some great tips so thank you )t'
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Great entry Ace, I can see it all in my minds eye )t'
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace did you say hay?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

yes i bed them in meadow hay sandy it comes from a protected field and it isnt sprayed or had any kind of nasties added to it i have kept them on allsorts and i have found this to be kind to them ,it doesnt get damp and has no dust or those nasty bits that i have found with chopped straw ,i know people advise not o but mine seem happy and healthy on it ,it is quite expensive but one bag lasts a long time and as i said its had no pesticides added

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I should have known you were wise to hay :oops: Just checking xxx

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

no ,no problem sandy always best to check )t'
i have posted some photos of our little day today ,the snow has fallen most of the day and the hens wandered in and out of the coup my old girl Isabella reminded me that it was 2 o,clock by jumping onto the table under the kitchen window and pecking at the glass with her best "feed me im starving and it s 2 o,clock and we neeeeeeeeeeeeed our sweetcorn"face
after they had eaten their corn they trooped down the garden on the path of course to the little shelter and had a good old preen out of the wind and the talcum powder snow
all except my old girls who retired to the coup to the warmth and relative comfort of the hay
Image the new pigeon Phillipe is making a lovely handsome boot and he has settled well he also poses lovely for the camera and gave me his best side
unlike his nest mate miss jones who refused to leave her snuggly warm chocolate tin
so all in all a little photographic diary of life at cluckingham palace and fly-by-hall )t'

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Has Phillipe eaten all those roses yike* My old girls used to love the snow but my present girls are wusses

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

my old girls are wise and ann-lou-greta and dorey have followed suit and kee themselves coup bound the babies dont seem affected by it really frankii isnt too keen but his legs are shorter than his girls so his undercarriage sweeps the snow bless him >ch< he doesnt like his girls too far away from him and stands on the coup doorstep and watches them carefully if they wander out of sight he calls for them hes a very attentive boy +f+

julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

I love looking through your posts AF you have lovely hens and Frankie is so handsome; I would love a cockeral envy}}
Julie x
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

thank you julieann i talk about the same things over again sometimes so i try to post photos to keep it interesting ,as all i do is spend time with my hens i tend to do the same things :oops:

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace you can talk about the same things over and over, this is not an exam thread and besides I have the memory span of a gnat so I do the same +f+

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

{rofwl} {rofwl}