Re: Sues Cluckers

Post by aishakali »

{hug} {hug} {hug}
LYN

little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Post by little brown hen »

One day with every one apparently well, and Ivy has a egg stuck, It feels like a softy!
Ive sat her in warm water, and given her mashed potato and oily tuna. She went back out but now she's in on a hot water bottle. Unfortunately she wont sit on it, so Im hoping the warmth will work its way up her legs! Hope she passes it soon, it must be like being constipated.
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Post by little brown hen »

I was very worried about Ivy and more worried because we were going on holiday and I was going to leave her with my friend to look after her. She was hiding in the bushes at the back of the run and not coming out, so I put up the netting I use when I have new girls, and put her in there. She could see all the other, but they couldn't get her. ( I had a feeling she might be getting bullied) I left instructions at the vets that if Ivy got worse they would do the deed and bill me later.
We got back yesterday, and she is vastly better. I let her out with the others, and she is trotting round quite happily, so hopefully all will be well. Im thinking that while I have the netting up I might get two more girls. So I'll wait a week or so and then hit the poultry shop. :-D
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

that has got to be the best reason I have ever heard for getting new hens {rofwl} {rofwl}

I may even have to keep that one myself for next year an absolute corker )app(
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx