Lively Laner

Re: Introducing Chicky

Post by skinnydogs »

I have your dogs sister! so alike apart from he has more white

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Finger crossed for tomorrow, Chicky may just think they have always been there and why has she never noticed them before {rofwl} Skinny love your girl )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

skinnydogs wrote:I have your dogs sister! so alike apart from he has more white

Lovely pics, And I have Jed's scruffy sister !
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
Georgina
Lively Laner

Post by Georgina »

Well nobody was mur.dered overnight, though only Chicky was out in the run this morning - not sure if she had threatened the others if they got near the door!

Really MUST get on with some work as this report is meant to go out this morning! Will get some pics later (and post some of the dogs on the other thread....... all we know about Bo is he was picked up in the Manchester area and guessed to be around 8 months old ...... officially now 5.5 but they do look very similar don't they!) Love the scruffy Jed as well!
Georgina
Lively Laner

Post by Georgina »

Ninja has ventured out!

There is so much snow on the roof of the run it is quite gloomy in there, plus the cover over the coop is dark - so the only way I have been able to see her from the conservatory is if she moves and I get to see her legs, eyes or comb - hence Ninja!

Pics taken through the conservatory windows. Unfortunately she chose to come out as Jed was mooching around the end of the garden and as he wandered back oblivious to any chickens she saw him, panicked and frightened the life out of him by racing across in front of him to get to the safety of the run! Poor Bulldozer Jed was completely bewildered by what happened.

standing next to Chicky!!

2 eggs so far this morning - not sure who laid them as Chicky has been off and on (mainly off for ages) but could have squeezed one out to show the newbies she can still do it!
Georgina
Lively Laner

Post by Georgina »

Madge (Edna Everage's bridesmaid - small and appears timid but with a hidden strength) is now outside as well...... admittedly I did go into the run and carry her out and she was scared but when I backed away and she realised she was on a patch of earth in the sun she soon perked up and now she and Chicky are pottering around in the snow that side of the garden. Ninja is very busy in the nest box so I may end up with 3 eggs!

I have blocked off the back garden and opened the side gate so the dogs are on the drive checking under the bird table for dropped bits of fat ball.
Georgina
Lively Laner

Post by Georgina »

3 eggs!
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I am envious you can see your girls from the warmth of your house envy}} Love the photos, well done Ninja and hello Madge now where is the other girlie?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Georgina
Lively Laner

Post by Georgina »

she has been a very good girl today! only a couple of struts with intent, and when the others came out into the garden she was fine with them (thought she would be which is why I carried Madge out there). since then they seem fairly settled, all a bit wary but calm.

These pics were a couple of years ago when I first did the garden, you can see how close to the house the run is! Since then the old gazebo has been replaced by a sort of pergola with conservatory type poly-plastic sheets for strength (we can have heavy winds here!) to a couple of feet from the path side of the run so that about 90% of the run is under cover, though the sides are still open apart from the netting. Bought it from the army surplus store so that the girls would have a bit of shade in summer (that was with the first batch who did not have the run of the garden for a year).

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

lovely photos )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Georgina
Lively Laner

Post by Georgina »

They all like pasta

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw I love your garden and once again so jealous of your proximity to you girlies envy}} They certainly do love pasta don't they, glad Chicky is getting on with her new sisters

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Lovely pics :-D Your girls look quite content together and Chicky looks like she is a very nice tempered little hen {hug}
LYN
Georgina
Lively Laner

Post by Georgina »

I left the run gate open wide this morning when I took the dogs to the beach so that the new girls could come and go, then back onto the latch when we got home. Madge has been trotting in and out of the narrow gap all afternoon to go off and explore the garden then dive for cover when it rained, then back out into the garden. She was out with Chicky while I did the poo patrol with Jed, she was a bit worried about him but when she realised Chicky wasn't she got brave and ignored him as well and did not seem to take any notice of the others being around after that (not that they were having one of their sumo matches near her - by the time it is warm enough for that she will be very used to them). Not seen Ninja out this afternoon but she has been happily rearranging all the bark chippings in the run and digging new holes in there. There is no need for her to come out in the garden if she doesn't want to.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

skinnydogs wrote:I have your dogs sister! so alike apart from he has more white

Awwww gorgeous {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.