Stace's Chooks

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Re: Stace's Chooks

Post by aishakali »

stace wrote:All girls and Titch are fine. Gave them a good clean this morning, as although my son does it whilst i am away, he never does it like i do. What will happen when we are away for 10 days in June anyone's guess :? As long as they are fed watered, he is not keen on the cleaning really.

I know exactly how you feel :? We're away for a week in May and no:3 son is looking after the girls, I won't be able to stop worrying. If only we could be in two places at once >dum<
LYN

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lets be honest no one is going to clean the girl's house to our standards +f+
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

I wish someone would clean my home to the standard of our beloved chook palaces!
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Alice has gone a little down hill over the past few days, her legs have become very weak , bless her. She has lost no weight as i can see, and is still eating and drinking. I have kept her inside the nest area today with food and water. To be honest i think it's only a matter of time for her now {cry} All her poos are normal, but as she has not laid in about a year now i do think its something to do with that. She has just turned 3. All i can do is keep her comfy. I am so glad i am not going away for a few weeks yet, as i would be so worried to leave her
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

it is all you can do for now stace hugs for you both {hug&kiss} >ch<
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thinking of you both Stace {hug} {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Sending {hug} to you and >fi< to Alice, come on girlie LBH has just lost her Alice so no need for you to follow suit
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Well Alice is still holding in there bless her. Her walking is not good and she sits to rest then toddles off again. She has been eating and drinking fine, and has been having lots of extra treats. She seems just as heavy as she ever was, so no weight loss. I really do not know what is up with her. Her bottom has been a bit messy, but other than that and the walking like a penguin she is ok. I dont think she is in pain as she eats any treats i give her straight away, not the usual quiet eyes closed thing like the others get when not well.

All other girls and boy fine, just one broody now, and getting a few eggs with the longer days
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Hi Stace,

Just been reading about little Alice. Do you think she may have ascites (water belly)?
I recently had a girl who had this problem, I never noticed anything for the first few weeks other than the waddling and she seemed a bit stiff, but was still eating and drinking fine, then within a week she just seemed to balloon and really got a penguin stance.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Lisa i really have no idea what it is. Her legs don't seem to hold her up for long anymore, but she has been like this on and off for weeks. I wondered if she had hurt herself some how, when jumping up and down. I feel so bad for her, but i would feel terrible taking her to the vet and stressing her out, and i feel that she is still happy to wonder around the garden
Bev xx

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

stace wrote:Lisa i really have no idea what it is. Her legs don't seem to hold her up for long anymore, but she has been like this on and off for weeks. I wondered if she had hurt herself some how, when jumping up and down. I feel so bad for her, but i would feel terrible taking her to the vet and stressing her out, and i feel that she is still happy to wonder around the garden

I really hope she picks up {hug}
It's awful when something's wrong and you don't know what it is, isn't it :(
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Alice has gone {cry} I could not bare to see her like it any longer. I took her to the vet at 5.30, and brought her home with me.Jess will be going in the the Bantams tonight

Alice (right) with her best friend Jess

RIP little hen {hug}
Bev xx

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Night night Alice {hug} {hug}
LYN
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I'm so sorry, Stace {cry} {hug} {hug} {hug}
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Thanks Guys.

Jess seemed to settle ok in her new house. She came bounding out today when i opened up. Titch does chase her a bit, and she chases the little girls, so i am sure she will be fine )t'
Bev xx