Bed, Breakfast and Evening Mealworms

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Re: Bed, Breakfast and Evening Mealworms

Post by aishakali »

Linda S wrote: they dont half worry us dont they {hug}

Don't they just!! I'm sure I've lost more hair since the Teeny's have been here than in the last 2 years >dum<
Really hope Faith recovers fully. Sound's like she's still under the weather but hopefully the Ab's will do their job. They do seem to go to bed early when they're not well don't they. lt's one of the signs of a "not quite right" chook. {hug}
LYN

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Lyn, Faith is a bit better today, she had a bit of mash and also nicked a few of the babies growers while we were filling them up, but at least she got something down her.

We have also put sugar water in thier container so that as soon as she gets up and is in the shed she will get a bit of a lift from that too, she also had about 15 tinned sweetcorn kernels for tea. Also when we gave her the ABs by syring she struggled which she hadn't done the previos twice so >fi< she is improving slowly but surely.
Another thing is that when we started the ABs some of her poos had green in them, they are now white and clear and no green.

Faith went to bed early again and Sasha soon went to cuddle up to her and we could hear her making lovely litte noises to Faith, and suprisingly Faith answering her
Im very proud of that lovely girl when you think how nasty Faith has been to her and shes the one who comforts her in her illness {hug}
I manage to have a cuddle with Faith again and she was content on my knee, she makes little soft noise to me when she like this, and i really do think she knows we are trying to make her well. Im making the most of her allowing it because once shes well she dosn't like being picked up at all

We let Scarlet, Blondie and Sorrel into the run with the babies not long before bedtime and everthing was fine.
Hubby scattered some mealies around and the babbies were a bit wary but the big girls had theirs and didnt bother the littlies at all, and they all fed quite near each other
They were only in for about 10mins and went and stood by the gate when they wanted thier bed, it was so sweet when we opened the gate and they all filed out with Blondie singing her goodnights to her baby sisters :-D

We are going to let the big girls in everynight from now, and may even try them all together for thier teatime treats.
At the minute we arnt letting the littlies out of the run because they are so flighty and tbh although our fence in the girls garden is 7ft high if they were scared i think they would have a go at clearing it specially Leyla.

We have had 4 eggs today including Sashas massive offering but most of the time we are getting 3 now, so the batty girls are slowing down but thats fine with us.
Its not long now until the girls have been home for a year, so will get thier favourite corn on the cob and grapes for tea on 20th of this month {hug}
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Faiths a little bit brighter today again :-D Will update properly tonight when they've got to bed )t' Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Poor little Faith. You can always tell when they're not well cos they're on their best behaviour, the poor little naughty souls. >fi< the abs are working
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Karen, shes much better today so it looks like the ABs have started to work thank goodness, and she has eaten plenty of mealworms today she hasnt bothered with them over the last few days so thats good :-D

With Faith not eating much we have been offering more mealworms than usual to tempt her and the other greedy girls have been very happy with the extras

Its been very windy here today and tonight hubby was in with the babbies and Sorrel started shouting the alarm call closely followed by Blondie adding her twopenorth, hubby said somethings put the wind up them tonight whats up with them. Well i was nearly in hysterics because a strong gust of wind had litterally blown up Sorrels bloomers and scared her silly and she was stalking about shouting and looking very put out.
A few minutes later she had just calmed down and it happened again, the poor girl looked like a piece of tumbleweed blowing about the garden and her bloomers were nearly inside out, she wasnt very pleased at all
A few minutes later she took herself of to bed muttering something to herself, poor girl was probably feeling a bit chilly having two blasts like that up her undercarriage {rofwl}
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Ahh poor Sorrel, a draught up your derriere's not nice. Wonder what swear words she was muttering to herself {rofwl}
Glad Faith is on the mend )t'
LYN
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Lyn and shes a bit better today again, her tail is up and she has been walking around talking to us albeit quietly, she not back to Pat Butcher/Foghorn Leghorn mode just yet :-D
I got enough ABs for 7 or 10 days and after speaking to my vet we are going to give her the longer course.
Then we will see how she is, >fi< that will see her back to normal again, and fit to celebrate her 1 year Hennaversary on the 20th of this month.
Our lovely girl April got to just over a week to go to hers and we were heartbroken when we lost her, she had been a bit under the weather the week before but picked up, and the day she died she went in a matter of a few hours {cry}

All the other girls are well and we have had 4 eggs again today, thats 3 days in a row, for a few days before we were getting just 2 a day and at least one softee from Sasha or Sorrel.
It would be lovely for the girls and much less worrying for us if the poor lovelies could just stop laying instead of all the problems they have, and have a happy and healthy retirement {hug}
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

It's a good sign if her tail is up )t' onwards and upwards! Know what you mean wishing they would stop laying. Sal has only laid softies for months, despite having all the shell improvers and cod liver oil going. How she keeps managing to get them out lord knows :?
Will keep my fingers crossed Faith makes it to her very special 1st henniversary {hug}
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Like Lyn says tail up is a good sign. I am sure Faith will get stronger and stronger sending her >fi< as well. I just love it when the wind blows them about, they look so perturbed bless them
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

We're very pleased with Faiths progress today, she has had mealies and mash, and i put some corn on the cob out and she had a few pecks not as much as usual but thats ok. :-D
Normally i wouldn't have given them anything else but with tempting Faith i did them some scrambled eggs at teatime, and she ate a decent amount.
We could actually see her crop like we usually can so didnt need to feel to see how much she had eaten today, and shes moving about a lot better {hug}

All the girls looked very bedragled with being out in the wind and rain and Blondie is as a mucky pup she loves the mud and paddles in any water she can :-D
They do go into the shed when it gets to bad and its almost as light as outside as the double doors are open, and their food is in there
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Sandy {hug} Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Faith has been on the anti-biotics for just over a week now and is much better, shes not 100% yet but is eating and drinking more like normal. :-D
I did a stew today and so i chopped some veg peelings into small pieces and mixed some sweetcorn in with it and she wolfed it down, they were soaking wet so they had it warm and really enjoyed it {hug}

The banty babies ate the sweetcorn and turned their beaks up at the veg, the picky little madams
Then they jumped on the ark roof and were eyeing the laeves up on top of the meshing, i wouldn't have been at all suprised at them jumping to get some they are little )de: in the nicest possible way you understand

They are so flighty and skittish and not laid back at all, they will probably drive the big girls mad when they are altogether, they are like hyper active chook teenagers
The big girls are always in bed before them, and they squable like mad and jump around in the ark for few minutes when they do eventually go to bed.
Their bedtime routine involves going up the ramp and running through the ark and jumping out of the end, which we have to open at bedtime for Leyla.
This goes on for at least 10 mins all the time they are shouting at each other and tearing round like mad things. yike*
They remind me of when the kids were young and used to jump from one bed to the other and sound like they were coming through the ceiling
Im expecting the neighbours to complain about the delinquents one of these days, they are definately very different to our lovely big girls
Ah well kids will be kids wont they :-D
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Well it was like wacky races in the chicken garden today trying to catch Faith for her abs, shes been getting harder to catch for the last few days as shes been feeling better.
Tonight she would have given Linford a run for his money {rofwl} , hubby only got her cause she went behind the other girlsand they blocked her in.
A bit of weight has dropped of her while shes been ill but that will come back on slow but sure, shes only tiny anyway but at least she isnt feeling as light now as she has been.
So we both feel a lot more positive about her recovery, we have both been quite down because we thought we would definately lose her. Sasha and Faith are both still going to bed earlier than the other girls and a lot earlier than the banty babes, they are such little stop outs those three :-D

I said when Faith started being poorly that Sasha was keeping very close to her, and she only has to see her heading for bed and shes off like a shot to fill her crop and follow her to bed

Has anyone else noticed that their girls always top up on the mash/pellets and often water too before bed.
Ours do they have to pass by the litter tray and always dip in even when they have had corn or some other teatime treat.
Let me explain the cat litter tray first of all it was a new one, honestly and we have a flag on top of bricks and the tray is ontop of those, we have put a brick in it to stop it being tipped over.
The girls can all stuff their beaks at once if they want to and its worked very well for us, often Sorrel gets on it and plays queen of the castle bless her :-D

The banty babes are getting on much better now they have the big run, and Leyla will roost along side her sisters on the logs.
We have about 8 good sized braches from the trunk and limbs of the plum tree, and we are going to build an adventure playground type area for them cause they love to jump about all over and high up :-D
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Such good news that Faith is on the mend, and bless Sasha for being such a lovely best mate. Hope Faith continues to do well, and hope they both continue to behave well when Faith's back to her best (or worst??)

Your babies sound like bundles of energy and fun! The image of them dashing around and through the arc - lovely!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Karen its so worying when our girls are ill isnt it and i know you are going through the same with Nuggett {hug}

Yes you could say the babies are very lively {rofwl} and im really hoping that they are all girls.
We would miss them like crazy if we had to take any back to Ace they really keep us on our toes.
They have a certain way of looking like butter wouldn't melt in their beaks, but we know different of course{hug} Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx