Bed, Breakfast and Evening Mealworms

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: Bed, Breakfast and Evening Mealworms

Post by aceface »

linda im ever so sorry they are boys I know how much you wanted them and loved them so thank you for being sch a great foster parent to them I hve a home for one little lad already with a great girl so no problem there and of course these little sweet darling boys will stay with al until a good forever home is found for them again im ever so sorry linda {cry}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi love good to see you back down the lane a bit more lately, im ringing Al tomorrow to arrange taking the boys over and dont you feel bad we have loved having the boys and you know if we could keep them they wouln't be going anywhere {hug}

Me and Tommy were saying if ever there was a boy who had lost his voice we would be so thrilled to have him, not that i would wish it on any beautiful boy you understand but you know what i mean. )t'

Im very certain that whoever does get our gorgeous boys will agree with us that they all take after Big Daddy Frankii Stud Muffin for their stunning good looks, they really are beautiful boys

Iv had a cuddle off them all tonight before bed and told them that they were going to a lovely new home.
None of them are keen to be held but today its as if they knew something was different and each one settled in my arms.
Sweetie just looked into my eyes all the time he was in my arms and made some little chirrups at me, its choking me up just writing this {cry} but I know they will be loved and looked after and hopefully we can still hear how they are doing )t'
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh Linda you are having a hard time of it lately, with the babies and Faith.

Many {hug} to you
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

I second that {hug} {hug} {hug}
LYN
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

Oh what a shame, boys are truly beautiful but we can't all keep them. I hope you have better luck next time.
Life's too short to quarrel
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks ladies {hug} it will be strange tomorrow without the boys bouncing off the branches and then sitting content and quiet and preening like butter wouldn't melt in their cute little beaks {hug}

We are going to miss those boys, hubby said the betime routine was very quiet tonight its usually a rip roaring 20 minutes or so with those scamps :-D

Each one of them has some lovely copper coloured feathers, I think they must be powered by a certain energy source like the bunny in the ad {rofwl} Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well what were the odds of that! But good news all around, excellent homes for them and darling Faith enjoying her life {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

Just had a catch up with your posts. It's all ups and downs isn't it? Belated congratulations to Sasha , Sorrel and Faith. Twelve months of your loving care makes them very lucky girls indeed. Sorry to hear Faith has been unwell. I think you are right to be cautious with getting new ladies while she might be stressed by them. I regretted getting my second batch of girls when my others were getting older. I think I thought they were invincible because they had done so well but I do think the new ones stressed them. As for your three little guys, that really is rotten luck. Can you think of yourself as a 'puppy walker' who has given them a great start and is now ready to let them go to excellent forever homes? Definitely great service to bantydom. Good luck to little Faith.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Sleep tight beautiful brave little Faith {hug&kiss}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Aww Linda, I'm so sorry you lost Faith {cry} Another one taking up a little space in your heart forever {hug} {hug} {hug}
LYN
Chicken drumstick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken drumstick »

Great Diary Linda )t'

Would love to see a picture of the run and chooks :-D
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

For any of you who havn't seen my post about Faith in chicken keeping im very sorry to say that our brave girl went over and joined The Rainbow Bridge Flock on 31.10.13 {cry}

Faith had been free from the cages for 1yr and 11days or 376days and she made the most of every single one of them :-D

Faith has always liked her own company and was somewhat of a loner or so we thought, choosing until a few weeks ago to sleep in her own cupboard, and being put out on the 2 occasions that Sasha went in with her.

Faith was quite gobby and could be very cantankerous at times. In fact I have just checked the dictionary for the spelling and the description fits our girl to a T. {rofwl}

Due to her sometimes anti-social attitude to her sisters it has really opened our eyes as to how they are coping without that forcefull little personality in their midst, and they are very upset and unsettled.

Today (saturday) Scarlet nearly had me in tears, since Faith died she has been making a noise that she has never done before, its deep and hoarse and so sad.
Tonight when they went to bed she went in and then came back out and called for her, she did it twice and she even looked in Faiths cupboard, when they were all eventually in bed they were so noisy, and the same last night too.

Hopefully they will settle down soon, its funny how they react differently to each loss Faith was next to bottom hen, Sasha is bottom.

Sasha Nightingale followed Faith to bed everynight from when she first became ill, she admistered gentle boks and purrs to her ailing sister and Faith was never alone for long during her last weeks

The one certainty is that our loud mouthed little Foghorn Leghorns dulcet tones are very much missed by all who loved and new her including our neighbours.
We miss seeing her recently blossomed plummage zipping about, our liitle roadrunner she was also known as.
Its almost impossible to convey the loss we feel and the difference in our garden without that one little brown hen {cry}

Enjoy eternal freedom Faith you deserve it {hug&kiss}
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

{cry} {cry} {cry}
linda love I have pmd u I am so sorry you lost your little Faithxx

sleep tight little Faith you will be very much missed >ch<

hugs for you and tommy linda {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Linda, thankyou for sharing little Faith's story {hug&kiss} They really do nestle in our hearts dont they. I can quite understand the noise Scarlet is making,Abbie did the same when I lost Alice. As Abbie was then alone I had to get her 3 sisters the following day as she had the neighbours looking out their bedroom windows on the saturday morning, the wailing was so loud. Your girls are obviously wondering where she is and feeling rather unsettled, but luckily for them their loss will pass, whereas yours will need a lot of time to heal {hug}

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Some good news is that after a few days of moping about and wailing after we lost our Faith the girls mostly seem to be back to thier normal happy selves apart from Sasha :-D
Sasha is not unhappy but we think because she has been so closely bonded with Faith these last few weeks that its taking her a little longer to get used to her not being there.
Scarlet was so noisy I could have probably hired her out as a proffesional mourner(no offence meant to anyone) but she has cried so much Im suprised she still has a voice left to cluck with :-D

We think the girls are doing well when you think that they went from a flock of 8 to 4 in a few days, losing first the boys and then Faith.
Although the boys were in the walk in run and the girls wern't in with them they saw them all day, and could talk and gnash beaks through the mesh.
Tbh as the boys got older the girls didn't even try to get into the run with them, it did cross our minds that they knew they were boys before we did and kept clear.
Of course being young ladies of immpecable virtue they wouldn't want their reputations sullied by those wild handsome boys, and so they behaved very well and turned their fluffy bloomers the other way {hug}

Today one of the girls had laid her egg on the shed floor, lucky for us we have got a good amount of blisss and straw down now the weather has turned.
Its probably something to do with all the crackers going off, a local club had their display last night and they sounded like they were in our garden, and just about every bloody one banged or screeched. We also had another crinkly brown bag lookalike, but all 4 girls laid and are fit and well

Our girls love the little millit seeds and we get them some as a treat occaisionally, so when we were at the feed shop last week I got them some on the branch or whatever you call it.
The thought was that they could enjoy pecking them off themselves, hmm well you know what thought did.
Of course I showed it to the girls and shook a few seeds into my hand for them which of course they gobbled down like they were starving, so I thought Id cracked it.
Not a chance, all 4 of them looked at me as if to say 'you expect us to get them off ourselves' honestly there not daft those girls and are so crafty why use energy yourself when mum can do it {hug}

Sorrel hasn't been to bad apart from one day when she was a bit rough with Sasha.
When we lost April and then shortly after Hope she was downright evil to her and Faith and we thought her savage side might come out again, but thankfully it didn't really because there would only be Sasha on the receiving end of her beak.

So everything is fine in the chicken garden and although its very different now its lovely and calm and our gorgeous girls are getting on really well together {hug} Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx