Re: Bed, Breakfast and Evening Mealworms

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Join us in a meet up sometime .
Bob

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Linda, Jemima has gad a wonderful life with you and it sounds like you've found her the perfect retirement home. You've always taken such good care of your girls, and have given them so much love - that is plain to see. {hug} Of course you will miss them but you have to look after yourselves too. And it's great that you will be able to see and get news of Jemima )t'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

How are you doing Linda?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Sandy thankyou for your concern {hug} {hug}

Well Jemima has settled beautifully in her new home which is a relief for us, she is with a bantam with 2 chicks and Mr D'Arcy a very handsome and caring young man.
He originally came via Aceface he is a lavender peking is it they are called?
There is also a larger hen and she was hatched by the bantam and treats her like her mum.
We are going to see them soon I'm so glad she loves her new family she has got the best possIsle home we have known her new chicken parents for well over 20 years.

It's very strange not seeing any bright beady eyes looking for us to appear or hearing any calls begging us to feed them, because of course they were badly done to and we're starrvng don't you know.
Every one of our girls have been loved and treasured and taught us many lessons the main one being that they aren't "JUST" chickens sorry I'm not shouting but just emphasising what many people not us on here of course think they are.
I will still be reading your diaries and looking forward to hearing how all the flocks are and when I get my head straight I will of course complete the story of all our lovely feathered Angels.
When you bed your girls down one night give them a gentle touch or snuggle from me please {hug}
Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Linda, sorry just catching up, I gave the Pink Ladies and The Peds a goodnight from you {hug} I hope they heard me over the 2 million fireworks going off!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So glad that your last little girl has settled into her new home well. You must miss them terribly, but the health of yourself and your husband must come first (I do hope you are both keeping well at the moment). The way you write and talk about your girls is just so lovely to read. I can practically feel all the love and compassion you have given your girls jumping out from the computer. If there were more caring people like yourself, this world would be a much better place. This Forum has given me the opportunity to "talk" to some wonderful caring people that otherwise I would never have had the privilege to "meet".
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thankyou for that lovely post CC i got choked up when I read it {hug}
Yes we definately do miss our girls ,we got our first girls in March 2012 so have have shared our lives and garden for over 5 yrs with them. {cry}
Just seeing the shed door closed or the chicken garden gate open is strange, the holes the dug to dustbathe in are still there.
I could swear I've seen movemen out of the corner of my eye and under the apple tree it's probably April keeping her beady eyes on things she's always been a strong presence bless her {hug&kiss}
Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Linda.
I have just been reading through some of your last posts and my heart goes out to you.
You and your OH are very caring of all the girls you have had over the last 5 years and it is heart breaking when we lose them. By the sound of it your last girl has gone to a very good home and at least you can have regular updates on her.
I hope your and your OH's health improves soon and may be in the future you can give some more girls the love that you have shared with the girls you have had.
Thinking of you both. {hug}
Amber.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thankyou Amber {hug} it's lovely on this forum everyone is so caring and supportive to each other, and like CC said it is an opertunity to have friends we would not normally meet.
Unfortunately both of our health will not get any better but we have very many lovely memories to share and we talk about all our girls regularly.
It's lovely to read the diaries on here too, and when someone is just starting their chicken keeping journey we rememberror how we felt at the start of ours.
It's a roller coaster ride but the most thrilling , exciting , and scary ride but also unmissable too :-D
Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thankyou Amber {hug} it's lovely on this forum everyone is so caring and supportive to each other, and like CC said it is an opertunity to have friends we would not normally meet.
Unfortunately both of our health will not get any better but we have very many lovely memories to share and we talk about all our girls regularly.
It's lovely to read the diaries on here too, and when someone is just starting their chicken keeping journey we rememberror how we felt at the start of ours.
It's a roller coaster ride but the most thrilling , exciting , and scary ride but also unmissable too :-D
Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Linda you really have found the best description of hen keeping with rollercoaster )t' unfortunately sometimes its like being on the pepsi max ride yike*