Lisa and The Lunatics!

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
magic girl
Learner Laner

Re: Lisa and The Lunatics!

Post by magic girl »

hi lisa iv really enjoyed reading your diary and looking at the photo's of your gorgeous girls and iv shed a tear or 2 when you have lost some of them {cry} you have really been put through the wringer but hopefuly things will now start to look up for you and your girls and hopefuly soon the poorly ones will start to get better :-D

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

magic girl wrote:hi lisa iv really enjoyed reading your diary and looking at the photo's of your gorgeous girls and iv shed a tear or 2 when you have lost some of them {cry} you have really been put through the wringer but hopefuly things will now start to look up for you and your girls and hopefuly soon the poorly ones will start to get better :-D

Aww thank you so much {hug}
It's been a sad time, especially over the past few months, things were pretty good for a whole year but now it's just one thing after another {cry}

I hope you start a diary soon {hug}
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

lisa i thought about you today while i was watching marilyn dustbathe you have a huge heart and experience of ill health with hens therefore you will draw on your knowledge and experience and get these little hens through the bout of illness , i think the breeder should really get her better and return her to you a well hen but thats my opinion ,we are protective of our flocks and want to have a healthy coop which you will have ,dont get down lisa you are great at what you do these girls are in good hands {hug} {hug} my marilyn is living proof of that you did well by her and put her first which was no doubt hard at the time but you got through that and as said before you will get through this {hug} {hug} >ch<
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you so much {hug} {hug}

I didn't really want to return Summer to the breeder, as by the time I took her to the vet others had started sneezing (but wasn't sure if it was stress at the time).
It also would of messed up with the introductions, the breeders were a lovely couple and sadly it's just one of them things.

Things seem to be improved this morning, not heard a cough or sneeze from Summer, or anyone else >fi< Nancy laid a lash over night so she's much better this morning (think I'm going to have to clean her bloomers though). Daphne's really not right. She's her usual self when treats are about, but other time she just sleeps in the sun {cry} definitely looks like peritonitis to me.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

LisaB wrote:Charlotte seems okay at the mo, it seems to be at night when she's worse, which is odd because Summer is worse in the morning!
I will get some citricidal drops ordered and see how we go.

Out of curiosity, did your orps take longer than the other hens to learn to go to the coop at night? The new girls have been taking themselves to bed for about a week but Charlotte still perches outside :?

Perhaps if Charlotte's temperature goes up in the evening that's why she doesn't want
to go into the coop? Metacam is an animal painkiller that will help reduce their temperature. (more expense though!) No, Rolypoly didn't have a problem going to
bed but she wasn't the smartest of chickens, she'd spend ages trying to go through
things rather than walking round them! Maybe all orpingtons are a bit stupid but
lovable! Its good that your girls are a little better today, maybe they've turned the
corner now.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you, if we have to go back to the vets I will ask about metacam if it's not mentioned :)

I've figured out why Charlotte doesn't go to the coop, the perches are too high for her (not even a foot off the ground {rofwl} ) I accidentally left the nest boxes down last night, hey presto, took herself to the coop and perched on them {rofwl}

I'm going to make her a lower perch this weekend, so she can perch with the others instead of being on her own {hug}
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Really glad things are picking up Lisa )t'
LYN
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you.

I suspect today or tomorrow I'm going to have to take Daphne to the vets though. I would much rather her pass away at home, but she's getting to the stage where she's not eating or moving around. I think I'll bring her inside today and spoil her.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Hope Daphne perks up Lisa >fi< and looking forward to hearing what Charlotte thinks of her special new perch :-D
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Ellie {hug}

I brought Daphne inside this morning (the weather was awful), she had a fill of mash and kept chatting to me.
This afternoon it's brightened up a lot so took her back outside with her pals which she really perked up for, and ran around after some mealworms {hug}

I know she's not going to get better, but I feel like it's too soon to say goodbye, she's still a happy girl I think, just seems a bit worse first thing on a morning. Will just observe her over the next few days.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I've had a lovely time outside today. Got some new plants and plantpots around the chicken coop to liven it up, just got to get a trellis going up the side of the coop and some hanging baskets around the run.

The girls have been getting on fantastically, and they seem to be over their coughing and sneezing (good job too as I ran out of Baytril this morning).

My poorly little girl {hug}

Time for some mini corns!

Not chickens, but....

Bonnie

Daisy

Moomin

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

lovely photos lisa im glad the girls are getting better )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you {hug}

Me too. Things are so calm in there now too, no pecking or arguing {hug} Daphne seemed to have a good day today, didn't look too poorly and was running around with Nancy.
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

Good to have some good news, sounds like the persistence with the antibiotics paid off )t' Fab pics as ever, love the one of Moomin :-D
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

)c( so glad the coughing etc is better, now sit back relax and enjoy those lovely new girls of yours xx
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx