Lisa and The Lunatics!

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: Lisa and The Lunatics!

Post by aceface »

oh no lisa huge {hug} {hug} for you and all the girls that are poorly ,have you got plenty of henkerchiefs {hug&kiss}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you all {hug}

Other than the respiratory infection things were going so well, too well I guess.

I hope the Baytril kicks in soon, then I can just focus on little Daphne.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Charlotte's getting worse {cry}
She still hasn't learnt to go to the coop at bedtime, usually I give her a stroke before popping her in and she chats to me, but tonight it was just gurgling and raspy-ness.

I'm having a really bad day and coming to regret getting these hens, as much as I adore them, I kind of wish I kept to my decision of taking a break from hens after the ex-batts had gone.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

come on lisa chin up the abs will kick in hopefully and the girls will be back to their chatty selves {hug} dont get down we worry so much its awful when our hens are poorly its only natural {hug}
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

What a rotten time you are having. Sending you and your girls lots of {hug} and hopefully tomorrow will be better.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you both {hug}

But I feel worse now, Nancy's come out the coop looking very poorly. Found a bit of yolk in the coop so it looks like she's struggling to lay, so she's going to come inside today and have a nice bath.

Coughing and spluttering doesn't seem any better either, and I only have enough baytril for 3 more days, can't see it curing them in that time, so it's probably going to end up in another vet visit.
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

You are a fab chicken mummy and your girls are in good hands {hug}

I hope today is better for you and your girls and that everyone is feeling better soon {hug&kiss}
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I was always told new hens are prone to catch things in the first couple of weeks
due to the stress of the moving. My orpy was always more prone to r/infections than
the others, this was how we got through it with Rolypoly

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I heard about putting citricidal drops in the water to help the immune systems, so
I do this when there are sneezes about, I cant be sure but I have a feeling that it
helps. I'm sure once they recover from this they'll all be much tougher & you wont
have to worry about them in future.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I've just remembered Lisa, a few months ago Rolypoly went down with another
r/infection & the vet took her temperature - which was so high he was surprised
she was still standing, Metacam brought it down & helped her recover. Perhaps
Charlotte has a temperature too? feel her tummy compared to the others.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you Tammy {hug}

Thanks for the thread, Kitla {hug}

Charlotte seems okay at the mo, it seems to be at night when she's worse, which is odd because Summer is worse in the morning!
I will get some citricidal drops ordered and see how we go.

Out of curiosity, did your orps take longer than the other hens to learn to go to the coop at night? The new girls have been taking themselves to bed for about a week but Charlotte still perches outside :?
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

kitla wrote:I've just remembered Lisa, a few months ago Rolypoly went down with another
r/infection & the vet took her temperature - which was so high he was surprised
she was still standing, Metacam brought it down & helped her recover. Perhaps
Charlotte has a temperature too? feel her tummy compared to the others.

Summer was the one who was taken to the vet and she had her temp taken, the vet said it was very high too but was only told to give baytril? :?

I will try and have a feel this morning, her bloomers are so big and fluffy though {rofwl}
ChickenCarol
Longlasting Laner

Post by ChickenCarol »

Aw Lisa, I still can't believe how unlucky you are. Hang in there, it will get better. It's such bad luck to have them all poorly right from the start like this. I know I have felt at times that we were never going to get past whatever the current problem was but it all passes eventually and settles down again. Stay strong, you will get through this. We are all with you in spirit!
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

things will come brighter lisa {hug} )t'

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lisa I have had a hen with rasping breathing problems plus 2 nextdoor and each time the vet has given me tylan which worked wonders
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you all, it means a lot {hug}

sandy wrote:Lisa I have had a hen with rasping breathing problems plus 2 nextdoor and each time the vet has given me tylan which worked wonders

Thanks Sandy. I will ask about it if they Baytril doesn't work. I've used Baytril before when the girls were raspy and it worked great, but not this time.