Lisa and The Lunatics!

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
LisaB

Re: Lisa and The Lunatics!

Post by LisaB »

Thank you {hug}

Did hear a sneeze from Charlotte this morning :? so will keep a close eye.

Daphne looks great this morning, wouldnt even know anything was wrong with her. I wonder if I'm wrong and it's just the moult making her feel poorly? Will just have to observe. Will get them some maggots today )eat(

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Been a nice day today, but a bit chilly.

Got the girls some maggots )eat( they're going to have a tuna and maggot pasta salad later )grin2(
Daphne's looking really good, seems fine, really. Been resting in the sun, but she is moulting.
Heard quite a few sneezes from Charlotte though so think she's going to have to go to the vets if she gets worse.

I got two proper eggs today, can't believe Nancy's laying again! Shame I can't eat them )gr:

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

looking like a settled flock to me lisa )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

aceface wrote:looking like a settled flock to me lisa )t'

It definitely is Ace {hug} I'm so happy. I've gotten over the worries of last week, lovely having a happy little flock again.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

All looking good Lisa )t'
LYN
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Lyn :-D

Dinner time!!

Pasta, tuna, veg and maggots )eat(

magic girl
Learner Laner

Post by magic girl »

more lovely piccies(apart from the one with maggot salad eewww)love the one of your cat being a tart laid in the sun reminds me of my cats(and dog)
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

magic girl wrote:more lovely piccies(apart from the one with maggot salad eewww)love the one of your cat being a tart laid in the sun reminds me of my cats(and dog)

{rofwl} Thank you
Moomin is alwayssssss sprawled out on that bench if there is any bit of sun {rofwl} we should get her her own plaque for it!
My dogs do the same thing but on the sofa when the sun is shining through the window on a morning :-D
Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

What an excellent chicken chef you are. No wonder they all look so happy. Happy munching to your lovely flock.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you )c+

Things are good this morning, Daphne looks great. Charlotte, although looks great and is eating and drinking, she was croaking as she was breathing in the coop last night, but she seems okay this morning. Still have a few drops of Baytril so gave her some on a bit bread, but she wasn't that keen, so I'll try some in some tuna this evening. I also have some citricidal drops ordered which will hopefully arrive today or tomorrow.
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

I was just looking at your pictures half asleep and thought umm that pasta and veg looks nice................then I read with maggots )loo(

I'm sure the girls enjoyed it though. Glad things are getting better for you {hug}
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

They definitely enjoyed it Tammy, was gone in minutes :-D

I think Summer might start laying soon. She's getting very vocal and keeps following Nancy into the nestbox when she goes to lay hehe. She also has started stooping (I think she has already laid as she was hatched last year, but this is the first time she's stooped since being here).

It's nice, I can sit and stroke Summer, Charlotte and Isabel properly now :) Just little Milly who still isn't sure of me, she will eat out of my hand but does't like to be handled.

Back off to the vets tonight with Charlotte for more antibiotics, hopefully they will all be well soon.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

CHARLOTTE LAID AN EGG!!!! )c( )c(

I went down to see them at half 1 and she was in the tyre and I could tell straight away that she was laying (typical dozy Charlotte, chooses a tyre full of compost over a nestbox full of straw).
I checked her again an hour layer, still there, but went over to have a peek at her to make sure she was okay, she had laid an egg but was sat on it! And then pecked me (thankfully she doesn't peck very hard {rofwl} ) when I went to reach for the egg.

Could these be the first signs of a broody hen?
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

)c( clever girl charlotte lovely eggs >ch< )app(
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

My goodness what a day we've had todayy!!!!

Well, Summer started doing the "egg song" (more of a shout isn't it) at about 1, went to see her, no egg, but Nancy was in the nest box.
Nancy seems to be laying every other day at the moment, but sits in the nest box for an hour a day even if she's not laying. Summer would not be quiet so I lifted Nancy out of the nest box (she'd been in there for a while and was showing no sign of laying today, just wanted to sit {rofwl} ), but Summer didn't want to go in anyway!

Me and my mum started emptying out one half of the run to lay some slabs down (twice in the passed few weeks something's dug into the run), Summer still making a racket and Nancy had gone back to the nest box. After half an hour I chucked some mealworms down just for some peace and quiet, then Charlotte decided she wanted to lay and went into the coop but Nancy beat her to the nestbox so Charlotte spent 15 minutes "hovering" about and not knowing where to go, until she finally tried to get in the same nestbox as Nancy, well, Nancy was not happy about that and started attacking her!

I should point out that we do have two nest boxes but they only lay in one, chickens eh?

So I shut Nancy out of the coop and left Charlotte to lay, I think the attack really disrupted her as she didn't know where to lay, the coop then became to hot for her to be shut in so had to open the pophole again, yet again Nancy attacked her }hairout{ Luckily by this time my mum had finished laying the slabs so I could shut Nancy (and Summer) in that side of the run.

Charlotte finally (after over an hour) got to lay her egg and now feels much better for it! BUT, Summer and Nancy, the idiots, had somehow got stuck down the back of the dust bath during this time!!! Mealworms tempted Summer enough to force her way out, this gave enough room for Nancy to get out, but she's walking like she's drunk now (think her legs gone a bit dead).

Now Summer has gone to lay!!!!

What a day, eh!