Big Al's and Ace's chicks

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Big Al's and Ace's chicks

Post by Annie »

Ace, they have both got much smaller combs than Crash appears to have and lana looks the least mature, I still think at this stage its >fi< for both x
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

Annie wrote:Ace, they have both got much smaller combs than Crash appears to have and lana looks the least mature, I still think at this stage its >fi< for both x

oh Annie it would break my heart to have to part with boudica or lana boudica cries terribly when lana is out of sight and at night s/he does the cutest thing s/he snuggles the little head right up under lanas wing ,lana is much more brave and keen to explore boudica constantly cheeps for her i have just told al i had them in the large Walk-in-Run alone today and they loved it lana was exploring and scratching straight away boudica took a lot longer to come out of the little cage and explore they were playing chasing and after an hour they took themselves back to the little cage and fell fast asleep {hug} it is then you see the infant in them >ch< >ch<
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

i have been watching these two babies grow and enjoyed them thoroughly more than I can describe really ,they have such a lovely closeness and bond,he cries for her when she is out of sight and sleeps under her wing ,I have had a good think and mulled it over and it is with a heavy heart and lots of tears as you can imagine ,that I have decided to let lana go with boudica to big als ,it is unfair to split them up when they are so close ,they are growing and the decision had to be made sooner rather than later ,so I had a chat with al and he has said that he is prepared to take lana aswell ,had it not been possible I would have kept her but he pines I have tried little seperations this week but he got into such a terrible state gasping and all fluffed up it is unfair I will miss them terribly {cry} {cry} ,but I know they have the best home possible waiting for them so we have arranged that they go to big als next week ,im really sad and upset , but the little babies come first ,maybe im not being sensible in some peoples eyes but it feels like the right thing to do ,and I cant thank big al enough {hug} for his kindness ,I will really really miss them
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I think it's completely the right thing to do, hard as it is. {hug} {hug} Ace, it's blooming tough but those little balls of fluff will be so much happier together and at least you will still have contact & see how they are getting on, thanks to Al )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

I know why im being so silly all upset ill never know ,silly ace crying imagine what ill be like next week yike* poor al he will drown in all the tears :(ill offer to holiday sit for them when he goes on holiday {hug} )t' hes such a nice guy ,we say we will have a quick chat and we have a lot in common and we talked so long today our phone batteries went flat {rofwl}

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Aww Ace, you are not silly - you're passionate about your chooks & that is a million times better than not caring {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
big al
Lively Laner

Post by big al »

Hi

They will have a good home with me but i still havent seen them in the flesh yet they may be hens i will be able to see better as i have crash (crash is a boy im sure of it) as annie said its still early days yet i will have a look next week.

Al
[center]BIG ALS ASYLUM FOR HENS AND FREINDS
(MY HOBBY IS MY LIFE)[/center]
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

ok al bring plenty of hankies for the tears {cry}

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Oh dear Ace :? really hope things turn out how you want them to, but even if it doesn't, at least you know where your babies are and that they are well looked after :-D )t' {hug}
LYN
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

I certainly do thank you )t'

Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

What lucky little chooks to have Ace and Big Al looking out for them. They'll be oblivious of any potential heartbreak they may cause and just have a happy life. Lucky, lucky little creatures.
{hug} {hug} to the humans!
And you never know......... >fi<
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

thank you bridgets mum I have >fi< too ,I couldn't wish for a better chicken daddy home than big als ,I owe him a big favour you never know he may let me take care of some little chicks he has hatched out and need a lamp etc and a pair of hands to rear them it has put me in such good stead to rear and the experience has been wonderful ,he is coming to visit me next week and we are going to see frankii chicks ,our friend sarah has a wild animal centre and she is going to give us a tour she has baby meerkats and allsorts of poultry and rare animals it is a rescue centre for people who have dumped exotic animals and a; the money raised from her visiting schools etc is ploughed back into rescuing the animals she is lovely and al and I cant wait for the visit ,I cant wait to see frankiis babies im so excited .

the little babies have had their first venture out into the garden today on their own with Marilyn prila and delphine ,so they can get used to mingling with big hens ,im so proud of my girls they never raised a feather ,they let the babies dustbathe in the rockery delphine was with them in the same hole ,bless her and Marilyn was digging in the rockery not too far away ,we dug for worms and they loved them running and chasing each other for wriggly woms and chasing the midges with delphine which she does lots it is so funny to watch her .

Marilyn took a great interest in the babies following them walking behind them and bokking she went to drink from the font with them and she was fascinated ,im not sure whether she knew they were babies or not but mum and I and my pet shop man steve who was visitng us collecting chicken poo!! all thought she almost mothered them ,maybe it is her forte to be the welcome hen for newcomers ,steve is thinking of having hens later in the year when he has his allotment sorted and when he collects the poo he always stays a while and watches them he loves frankii and has decided if he gets hens he will have 2 ex batts and a cockerel and 2 others not too sure of the breed yet he has borrowed my books to read up and prepare another rehomer to welcome ex bats always good news

I hope you all have a lovely bank holiday {hug}

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

I have decided to post the pics early this week just in case the computer gives up the ghost as I seem to have lost all my photos stored on it :oops: luckily most of them are on photobucket and on my memory card )t'

the babies have been enjoyin the good weather in the garden

the now not so little boudica

lana is on the perch and boudica stood up

big al
Lively Laner

Post by big al »

Hi Ace

Wow that is really copper, crash's colour is gold rather than the copper and he is getting it on his neck, wings, and back aswell i will post a pic tomorrow.

Al
[center]BIG ALS ASYLUM FOR HENS AND FREINDS
(MY HOBBY IS MY LIFE)[/center]
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

big al wrote:Hi Ace

Wow that is really copper, crash's colour is gold rather than the copper and he is getting it on his neck, wings, and back aswell i will post a pic tomorrow.

Al

its that tail im keeping my eye on al not the copper in the feathers {rofwl} looking more boy like everytime I turn round {rofwl} {rofwl} she is showing nothing yet at all but they do everything together boudica now sleeps head tucked right up under lanas wing and it looks so odd like a huge fat chicken with two tails I will try to get a pic ,I cant wait to see crash he must be ginormous

I forgot to add that lana has lost all her baby down this week I think it blew away in the breeze as they have been in the garden every day my hens have never bothered with them at all but they were visible from an early age through the patio doors and then in a little run in the garden and then in the separation run in the garden health reasons aswell obviously but after careful consideration I have allowed them access in small regular bursts through the day toan area where my hens rarely go and cleaned up any poo etc staright away and sanitised the area every night im not sure if I should be allowing the access but I wash their feet befre and after and they have their own drinker and dishes they use whilst outside and my big girls are under the other trees away from the area and im with them all the time they are out I would hate anyone to think im exposing them to health risks etc ,if I am please feel free to point it out )t'