My chucks, by Pegasus.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
pegasus64
Learner Laner

Re: My chucks, by Pegasus.

Post by pegasus64 »

Got one ready and waiting, but keeping them apart for a few days. Bought an electronic nerf one which squirts 7 meters, so that'll reach well.
thanks for the tip though.
Dom x
Fatman, Gollum, Daisy the cat cow (cats), happy hubby, 5 fish, Snowy, Ginger, Bluey, Maggie, the chucks.

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

7 metres? You won't even need to leave your armchair! :-D

My poor girls were so shocked when I squirted them, and my slow reactions meant that I was pretty rubbish at it. I did squirt Cassie right up the ***, she didn't half shift! {rofwl}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
pegasus64
Learner Laner

Post by pegasus64 »

Seems to have worked so far today, so it will continue until Snowy stops. It's quite funny really as the water gun is powered by batteries they now only hear the noise and they stop.
The newbies made their way slowly into the coop tonight but then turned around at the door, so I ushered them in slowly and in they popped, hopefully they will get the message soon.
Dom x
Fatman, Gollum, Daisy the cat cow (cats), happy hubby, 5 fish, Snowy, Ginger, Bluey, Maggie, the chucks.
pegasus64
Learner Laner

Post by pegasus64 »

Finally things have settled down somewhat.
Separating Snowy for a while seems to have worked, this has now teamed Ginger up with Bluey and Maggie. Although at this moment they are all calling out and being quite noisy.
Snowy still keeps the new 2 in line at times but isn't persistently picking on them.
They have now all decided to perch at night and not go into the coop, but with a bit of encouragement they go in. Maggie, Bluey and Ginger on one side and Snowy on the other.
All for are laying and mostly in the morning at about 9-10 am, which is good then they don't miff off the neighbours.
They were out the run for most of the day yesterday, all behaved, but my grass is completely gone, so I've left a wee patch and sectioned it off and the rest I've dug up and replaced with bark chippings. They really love digging at it and find themselves loads of grubs, worms, etc.
I've grown grass in window boxes for them, which seems to go down well and the nice thing is you can control how much they eat and when to take it away. I have a green house which should sustain it over the winter. Also going to grow it in the 2 tubs I have left over.
They're becoming more and more friendly, able to stroke the new 2 now and picking up isn't a problem either, just takes patients and quality time with them.
Aren't they a joy when things work well.
Can't work photo bucket it won't upload the pictures, so whilst I'm on nights for 2 nights from tonight my OH is going to try a few things.
Love to you all.
Dom x
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Glad Bluey is okay )t' you are right, it is great when things are going well. Love the idea of growing grass in window boxes. Really hope OH gets your photos sorted, I am dying to see what your ladies look like
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/