Henpen's hens and Eggstremely odd eggs

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Henpen's hens and Eggstremely odd eggs

Post by KarenE »

HP I have no idea where Wisley is but would happily come along. In fact I have just googled it and found it is near where I used to live (staines)! Been meaning to go back for a visit. And Sandy likes having a stopover/sneaky break with these trips so she might be fine with the distance too, if you get a good run up the M4 it's not too bad. So count me in, and if the 9th sept so much the better
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , If it is any good , I can meet you at some point on the route . Leave your means of transport and then travel on and then bring you back after would. Be good to have us all meet .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Wiggy still visible if you click on a diary and scroll down there is a photo of Wiggy )like(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Ah you lovely people! Yes, I can get away on the 9th. and yes, I did mean RHS Garden Wisley in the garden centre cafe.

Meanwhile, back in the run...
Brace yourselves, Karen and Sandy, your naughty Godhen is making the news in our house, and not in a good way.

So I decided to have a day in the garden. I have got very carried away with buying plants recently and thought perhaps Wiggy would like to keep me company while I planted them. So out came the borrowed dog cage. While I was putting it up, round the side of the house, I can hear Wiggy in her run CROWING. Yup, you read that right. My little shy girl is gender fluid. The hormones are clearly all over the place.

I went to get her and it is fair to say she doesn't like being picked up at the best of times, but usually she just runs away like a cross between the Road Runner and Benny Hill. Not this time though. No, this time she squared up to me with her chest all puffed up, for all the world like an angry cockerel, and started leaping at me with both feet, trying to rake me with her non-existent (thank goodness) spurs. She is not Xena, she is blooming Wiggy The Destroyer.

Thanks to me wearing jeans and her not having spurs, I told her I wasn't standing for that nonsense and she was coming with me. Eventually she gave up and crouched down (she is more than a little confused, clearly) and I picked her up. She had a day in her special garden enclosure (with water and corn and apples) but was so relieved to be returned to the bit of garden she is used to and to her run that I have come to the conclusion t'was all for naught. She doesn't want an away day, she wants to be blooming well left in peace (with added treats).

It is fair to say people aren't all that keen on helping me with the chickening these days yike* and she has been in a right old strop with me ever since, having decided I am )de:
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Well really what do you expect, person-handling a grande dame of a certain age like Wiggy??? Such indignaties! I am fully in support of my godhen who is of course graceful and even-tempered at all times, contrary to any defamatory slurs people may post about her!!!

She will be taking legal advice

Excellent news that you can make it on the 9th, and also excellent to see a lovely avatar of Wiggy again. I can't believe photobucket has scrapped all our lovely photos. You'll recognise us on the 9th because Sandy will be wearing some chicken-related clothing most probably :-D
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oooh Henny sooooo excited will actually get to meet such a long time henpal mummy )like( And wonderful to see the Wiggy avatar.
I reckon this may be a strange Woo telepathic time at the moment, Fay is walking about puffed up like a turkey, making silly noises and fanning out her tail!
Of course if I am going somewhere posh I may wear a summer frock (not, never,no way) ok I will probably be in chickeny gear but I am sure Karen Henny knows what we look like by now we posted piccies
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

sandy wrote:Of course if I am going somewhere posh I may wear a summer frock (not, never,no way) ok I will probably be in chickeny gear but I am sure Karen Henny knows what we look like by now we posted piccies

Yup. Think I do!

And yes, Richard was kind enough to tell me how to put up a new avatar. I have yet to sort out how to actually post in the forum though. I will need a bit more time to sit down and get my head round it.

(By the way re my Wiggy story, not an actual cage, just a puppy pen rigged up to stop her wandering too far.)
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Do you mean post pictures? Because I recommend setting up an imgbox account

https://imgbox.com/

and uploading pics into there just like you did with photobucket. Make the pics smaller file sizes in ms paint if they are large - I make mine around 400 pixels. It's loads easier to use, no annoying ads, and much much quicker to load and upload. And when you've uploaded, you click on the tickbox of the pic or pics you want, click the share button at the top right and it pops up a box with the bb code (which is what you want, bulletin board code) - just make sure you have full size selected rather than thumbnail. Copy & paste just as you did for photobucket. You can copy bb code for multiple pics at the same time, so much quicker and easier!

Some lovely headshots of the adorable Wiggy would be gratefully received +f+
Karen
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Thanks for all that Karen, it's really helpful. I will get onto that - adorable is relative, innit, when you're talking about a raging ball of feathers!
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hormonal Wiggy. Perhaps she's going through 'The Change'. Do I have this to look forward to with Dory Grey do you think??
Karen
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Todays motto is:

Steer Clear Of Woos In Moult

Just thought I'd leave that little bit of wisdom here...
Karen
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

I've always found moulty Woos steer clear of you. Did she have a full-on panic attack?

Right, so I have - as instructed - introduced Wiggy to Bobbette, the huge yellow addition to the family given to me by Bob, named in his honour.
(oh please, oh please let my first go at imgbox be successful)

"WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT????"

This stance will be familiar to anyone who has seen how Karen's TigglyWiggly reacted to her fluffy hen... (yes, even with a handful of Garvos in front of Bobbette). Nope, she didn't risk it - I think Tigs got closer than that. Bobbette had to be removed and Wiggy says she isn't allowed back in the garden.

(Sheesh Karen, that is SOOOOOO much better, you're right. Good riddance Photobucket, you have done me a favour with your crummy behaviour.)
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Now I was going to call my black hen Bobbie!
Wiggy must be very confused , first no hens then this strange looking and smelling one {rofwl} darent put mine in with my girls yet, needs some stitches

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

That is exactly the same as Tiggs did! {rofwl}

I had to put my BB (Big Brown) away in the end, the girls were NOT having any of it!
Karen
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Bobbette fell over in the wind and rolled towards Wiggy shortly after that photo was taken, causing a great flappy screechy panic.

The Garvos is a massive success, and is eaten with a constant stream of approving comments )eat(, except, for some reason, for the tiny round seeds. They are, apparently, not quite up to standard.