The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
We have had some sad losses again in the henpal community {cry} but a wealth of new blood, and NO Pippa that dosent mean you should even think about drawing any. Maybe you need to trawl this diary and check on how to behave as a top hen and all from Captains Gabby and Gwen. I have taken on the role quite easily but am being extremely diplomatic being the bottom girl for 21 months and most importantly that Audrey is one HUGE girl!
And so we say welcome to Roxy,Rosie and Lola. Hamble,Florence and Matilda. Mary,Rose and Violet. Jemima,Marjorie and Dottie. And a new boy Harvey and his girls.
I am sure they will posting their adventures as soon as they become trusted enough to be given a device.
In the meantime I have appointed Fay as my wing girl, being she is much smaller than me….
Honeybun Pinkerton
Pink Ladies Division
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello fellow woos )wav(
My boss lady has instructed me to give you an update on our everyday life as she wants a snooze and says now she is top hen and all it is the tiresome job of the wing girl to type up on this diary.
Well I am taking advantage of this to contact the Woo clan. I have not got the skittishness quite right, I have been doing heavy breathing and sneezing and I heard mum tell Honey I am going for a ride tomorrow, so that should be an adventure?
Gosh fellow wooers, our eggs are certainly a talking point are they not? I have laid one practically everyday now, I think this will help me grow a comb worthy of you the Wigster. I understand you will be needing a lot of Woo love at the moment with the very sad loss of your Miranda so I am sending you a big {hug}
I will sign off for now. I wonder if we should communicate in a code as I am a bit nervous the Honeybun may read this! As the youngest Woo I will bow to your experience.
Fay Wray Gray Woo
of The PInk Ladies
& the Stealth Woo Clan

The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello henpals and fellow Woos! Dory Grey here, Factual Investigator and clandestine member of the Secret Sisterhood of the Woos, which possibly might not be such a big secret now we are swelling in numbers! )wav(

A short but very important post today, because I have been doing my factual investigation as usual and have discovered that the ban on henpals' free movement and liberty is coming to an end!!!!! )app(

Chestnut has written a groovy anthem to celebrate the impending liberty of all henpals this week - free at last from the cruel DEFRA enslavery! )c( Apart from those flocks kept confined for their own elf and safety which we all think is an absloot liberty an all, to use a familiar phrase and pronunciation.

Oh happy day
(Oh happy day!)

Oh happy day
(Oh happy day!)

When henpals walked
(When henpals walked!)

When henpals walked
(When henpals walked!)

Oh happy day!
(Oh happy day)

Oh happy day
(Oh happy day)

When henpals walked
(About flippin' time!)

When henpals walked
(We'll get you back!)

Oh happy day
(It is for us!)

Oh happy day
(Might not be for you!)

It's vaguely threatening but we think that's fair enough. And on that musical note, we will leave you all dreaming of #sweetsweetliberty

Dory Grey, Chestnut and Tiddly
#libertyornoffin!
#rollonThursday
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , I have been discovered . Undercover in the Flock of Penelope and Red . I am Woo , How do you do, I am Woo and did not woo it.
Please give me a name as now out of the cupboard.
Photo`d and noted , seen by the adults , what am I to Woo.
Woo is me I am at a loose woo .
? Woo , of the Thames gateway , Penelope and Red Flock . freedom , for all .
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

hullo it's Bonny, first all that La La La, then woo woo woo! I understand the La La La cos that's what Mum does to Giblet...but what is a woo??
Is this a Woo?
I keep asking who she is but she wont tell me. Perhaps I need to learn to speak woo.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Hello girls, Hamble here. I live with my sisters in a place I have heard called Scotland. I don't know what that means or where it is. I did like it here but am a bit worried here at the moment. I felt a little full one night and when my human came to tuck us in for the night I clucked and brought up some liquid. I wasn't bothered, my sisters looked at me and sighed but my human was quite upset. The next morning she looked awful. I heard her say she didn't sleep because she was worried about me. That's sad. I was fine until she held me and started feeling my chest. Something about checking my crop was empty. I was quite flustered and shouted at my human to stop. Then my sisters got excited and started pecking at me. I think they were very bad and it made me cry. I don't want to get too close to my human in case she does it again. I thought she was my friend. She does seem very sorry though and feeds me raisins and grapes out her hand. Maybe I will talk to her again one day soon. Meanwhile my sisters and I are having great fun rooting around in the green place outside our house. Has anyone else got a naughty human?
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

This is me, Hamble.

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Well hellooooo Hamble. What a bootiful lady you are +f+
I am hansom Bill from the house of Chickenopolous
(please dont look at my wrong feather, I dont know who put it there!)
What you need to do with these humans when they're misbehaving is give them a quick kick when they're not looking! - (especially when they laugh at your wrong feather)
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Beautiful photo's of Hamble and Bill. )like(
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

kitla wrote:Well hellooooo Hamble. What a bootiful lady you are +f+
I am hansom Bill from the house of Chickenopolous
(please dont look at my wrong feather, I dont know who put it there!)
What you need to do with these humans when they're misbehaving is give them a quick kick when they're not looking! - (especially when they laugh at your wrong feather)

Well helloooo to you too Bill. I like your little out of place feather. It makes you special.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

:oops:
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Wow what a pin up, Bobby what are you doing bothering to chat up strange immovable white hen? When you have the hunk that is Bill envy}}
We have one of those very still hens that come into our house now and then but nowhere near as big as your white one. As you know I used to do the undercover work, being bottom hen girl and having to do my reporting in secret away from the prying eyes and beaks of my six senior sisters and in my experience in this job I am wondering if there may be a hidden device secreted within the Clack or is it Click (see cameras click) to spy upon us?
Of course it is not appropiate fro me to be sneaking about now I am (oh have I mentioned this before)TOP HEN! I really need to arrange a wing girl , Audrey may be bigger than me but has learnt her place but do I push my luck and boss her around even more? Fay is the sneaky one I feel, I am sure she took our communication device the other day so if I recruit her she could be a big advantage. Hmmm I shall have to ponder this, Haze always said I was head first into everything and never stopped to think so this is going to be quite hard for me to do!
Hamble you look fabulous girlie.
Pippa we need an update on how your training of the uppity upstarts is going.
Right I must get some more beauty sleep so I can be all pensive tomorrow
Honeybun, ex Pinkerton
The Pink Ladies

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning all, Pippa signing in.
I have had a busy few weeks breaking in the new recruits and boy did i have my work cut out.
First off Mollie and myself were shut in our smaller run. The sheer cheek of it as i am top hen an all now and 3 new up starts arrived and had the larger outside run. Roxy was the first to emerge and she thought she was going to be top hen. I soon put a stop to that when we were finally allowed to be together by jumping on her and pecking her on the head.
Lola followed next, she was she spitting image of our former leader and in respect of Lily i only gave her a few pecks and then left her alone.
Last out was Rosie. She is not the brightest button on the shirt and i did have fun with her when mum was not looking, but when she was i got squirted with a water pistol and picked up and carried around the garden a few times. yike*
Well to cut a long story short they all are doing as they are told by me so it is peaceful in the ranks now, i even let Roxy share by dust bath.
We at last had a taste of freedom on Thursday and mum let us out to "garden" in the shrub area. I thought we were doing well but mum was not to happy when be had broken branches off of some of the shrubs. Well what is a girl, who needs her beauty treatment, to do, they were in the way of the perfect spot for a dust bath.
I overheard mum talking to a strange man in the garden last week and we are going to have a new lawn laid on Thursday, i can't wait for all that new scrummy grass to eat and dig into for all the bugs and worms as the lawn we have now has big holes in it and we have eaten all the grass. I did hear the words screened off i wonder what that means!.
I under stand it is Easter today and the hoomans eat brown chocolate eggs, well i only lay pinky coloured ones but i suppose i could roll them in the dirt if they want if not i will eat it myself.
Mollie laid one without any shell the other night in the run just as we were going to bed so we all had a snack before lights out.
Myself and the rest of the troop would like to send our condolences to the mummies and daddies of the girls who have passed over the bridge to join the ranks on the other side.
Signing out for now.
Pippa.
(going to figure out how to lay a brown chocolate egg.)
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Cheshire Chick wrote:Beautiful photo's of Hamble and Bill. )like(

)like(
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

sandy wrote:Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Wow what a pin up, Bobby what are you doing bothering to chat up strange immovable white hen? When you have the hunk that is Bill envy}}
We have one of those very still hens that come into our house now and then but nowhere near as big as your white one. As you know I used to do the undercover work, being bottom hen girl and having to do my reporting in secret away from the prying eyes and beaks of my six senior sisters and in my experience in this job I am wondering if there may be a hidden device secreted within the Clack or is it Click (see cameras click) to spy upon us?
Of course it is not appropiate fro me to be sneaking about now I am (oh have I mentioned this before)TOP HEN! I really need to arrange a wing girl , Audrey may be bigger than me but has learnt her place but do I push my luck and boss her around even more? Fay is the sneaky one I feel, I am sure she took our communication device the other day so if I recruit her she could be a big advantage. Hmmm I shall have to ponder this, Haze always said I was head first into everything and never stopped to think so this is going to be quite hard for me to do!
Hamble you look fabulous girlie.
Pippa we need an update on how your training of the uppity upstarts is going.
Right I must get some more beauty sleep so I can be all pensive tomorrow
Honeybun, ex Pinkerton
The Pink Ladies

Hamble here. Thanks for the complement. I do try to keep in shape and to look after my feathers. My human says her friends love the lacing on my feathers, whatever that means. I love having other girls to talk to. My two sisters mostly peck me if I get too close and I have learned to speak in soft tones and dip my head when they look like they are going to be mean to me. I think they are a bit ungrateful because I seem to be on guard the most and am great at seeing off visiting fur-monsters.