The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hello from Cuddles , all well and being partially blind and nervous disorder has its advantages ,specially food bowl and cuddles. I am a healthy 2.1 kilos not as fat as previous but heavier than a bag of bones. The flock leave me much alone with a occasional peck to point me in the right direction . I had lots of lice white bugs on my rear ,jumped off me onto my human friend . I got a spraying and DE all gone now and I look BEAUTIFUL .My comb is flopping to the right of my head .My rescued friend flops to the left and gets my treats sometimes. Goldie , Moe and Speckledy iare keeping the nests warm .4 new girls arrived Sat evening and one is looking for a fights and strong. All the flock are taking turns at pecking through the Med ward wire . She has fought the whole flock without resting. We are all looking fine in feathers but the new girls are bald and stressed out looking . Not allowed to mix as only commoners....
Life is good and roaming the garden from 5,00am to9.00pm
Life good Cuddles friend of the famous Penelope and Red , Marian

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Hiya Cuddles, so glad you are being treated just as you should be like a Princess {hug} I have to say Cuddles when I arrived at my forever home I probably looked like you four new uppity upstarts, I think they are trying to pick a fight because they are jealous of your glamorous feathers.
Lottie and Dottie have been total divas today and have been fighting through the wire all day with myself and Eva, even Honey who loves it because she cannot fight with any of us!
Whoa it is soooo hot, mum gave us melon yesterday and a whole one today plus a corn on the cob her friend gave her from her veg box, yum. We are just waiting for apparatus to come very soon so the divas can move houses and we will have the cube area back again. Bed time is becoming a bit of a pain as everytime I get up on the night time perch Gracie, old squeaky(mum get her back to the vets for some medicine please) keeps pushing me off, when I get on the other side Eva pushes me off. Honestly being a Corp has no meaning in our everyday lifes, I would like to see one of them posting on a phone perched on a perch when it is dark, huh. This really should be Honey's job as she still insists on sitting in the cottage, and to top off all this affrontery mum called me Gwen today! Honey says I should be honoured.
WE have decided if mum is not going to let us go to the hen party we are going to stop laying and look all sad and weary a few days before she abandons us so we will be left lots of treats we can gather up for our own hen night. Although Honey is still sure she will be able to sneak into mum's car for the trip. Trust me if I had anyone else to be my wing girl I would make sure she did.
Over and out tonight henpals
Corp Haze
Pink Ladies Division
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
A quick post from my spacious roomy(cause only me in here) coop.
Hens teeth Chestnut and Tiddly I have found the news that your Dorian is missing yike* It is all over the news on our phone and apparently there are big posters in the big outside world so does this mean henpals we have reached global recognition?
Everyone is advertising the wherabouts of one of our very own…
Finding Dory!

{rofwl}
Honeybun Pinkerton
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Oh dear henpals, I am not sure if I am going to make it to our very own party. I am feeling very poorly at the moment. Mum took me upto see Chris the nice. I was glad there was blowy cold air in the scary room as it was very hot in mum's car even though she had the windows open. My ulcer thingy has flared up again which is why my poo is greeny and smelly. Mum gave me the nasty medicine last night, boy did knock me silly, I just wanted to stand about. My head and wings feel so heavy I let them droop down. Mum put me in the cottage to sleep with Honey but even though I was feeling bad I was not going to sleep with her and her mindless chattering all night! I hauled myself out and made it up on the perch. Today mum shut the others out and I had the diva's new home all to myself. The divas havent moved in yet because mum has to put together some wiry looking thing (hope I am around to watch that bit of entertainment) I had a bowl full of pellets,sunflowerseeds,corn and mealworms which I just didn't fancy at all. Tonight mum gave me an egg and tuna fish, I ate most of that though she usually only gives that to very sickly girls yike* When it got dark mum let me in with my sisters, I got up on the top perch okay but Gracie began gicing me attitude so mum chastised her and put her down the other end. When mum came back to check on us Gracie had come back to snuggle by me which pleased mum that Gracie has actually understood what she had said.
Well henpals, I managed to post this. More meds in the morning so please keep all your >fi< wishes coming my way tonight please as no one has been trained up to take over the henpal diary!
Corp Haze
>ch<

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Advise from Cuddles the survivor .IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU . Treats gallour when your better . Extra cuddles and special place in the flock . Worth the bad meds.
Cuddles
thinking of you
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Evening henpals, Corp Dory Grey reporting in )wav(

with very quick but heartfelt get well soon wishes to Hazel >fi< . We are all very sorry to hear your ulcer - which you've clearly developed through the stresses and strains of living with the Hunnybunny and I can quite see why, as I am close to one myself with the nervous exhaustion of living with the Tiddly Widdly - has flared up again. Whilst we heartily approve of the regime of treats (medicinal) which the Pink Mummy has given, we can't help wondering whether a sloppy slushy diet would be better, given your invalid status? Get the Pink Mummy to liquidize your mealworms, that should do the trick! >stir<

Hope you are feeling better soon Hazel. Keep well away from the Pinkerton - you need peace and calm to recover, and having bundles of nervous exhaustion raging round the coop and run can't be helping! I myself am steering well clear of the bundles of nervous exhaustion I live with - Tiddly Widdly and Jasper, as I am feeling a smidge under the weather myself. I am having a mini-mini moult. Mum is feeding me up secretly with nutritious mealworms. We are developing a special understanding, which is more than can be said for Jasper {warn}

Anyway - just a short update as Tiddly is still promising to get on and post, now that she has permission as my wing girl and trainee henpal.

Henpal wishes >fi< >fi<

Dory Grey
Woo woo!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hevenin henpals, Tiddly Widdly here after finally gettin my clores on the ipad thingy!! )wav(

I am so hexcited to be postin and talkin with proper henpals and not just Dory Grey who spends so much time preenin and primpin herself up using the ipad thingy as a mirrer, I call her Dory Grable now!

First with the henpal hetikette. We all ope that Hazel is receevin all them there henpal wishes wot are wingin their way to her from us lot up or down here. I can't tell if we're up or down cos the ipad thingy map keeps movin round and gives me a neadache after a while.

Now that's the polite hetikette out the way, we can get down to proper henpal stuff. With Chestnut being haloof and Dory Grey being a little bit woo, a little bit waaay, I feel I am the nobvious member of my flok to take henpal duties forward in a befitting serious manner wot befits henpals. I have noticed a nalarmin drop in serious missions an campaigns an everyfing and bein as how I am the true successor of Nugget and Rembrandt wot with my feistiness an everyfing, I have started a new super cunnin campaign to get more treats.

Tomorrow, I shall ask Chestnut to stick this note to mum's back door, with poo. Chestnut won't do it, so I'll ask Dory Grable. She won't do it neither, so I shall av to do it meself in the end.

The plan is very super clever and everyfing. I think this note splains it all:

Dear mum
We av kidnapped yor egs.
Do not blame the chikens!
We mean bizniz! If you ever want to see yor egs agen ever, you will need to pay a ransom. Leave a massive big bag of mealworms under the apple tree and walk away. DO NOT LUK BACK!
This is yor last warnin.
DO NOT BLAME THE CHIKENS!!
Lots of love
Eggnapping ninjas

And jus in case she tries any funny bizniz, I am also pooin this pitcher to the door:

That should do the trick I reckon. If that doesn bring us a massive bag of mealworms under the apple tree, I don't no wot will!

Tiddly Widdly
Peckpeckpeckpeck
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Corp Haze reporting in quickly to say thankyou Cuddles and Dory…I am tons better now but am training up a diary writer (Honeybun is a SECRET reporter) so I will hand you over to Maureen…..
Cadet Maureen reporting in, about time a non ginger ninja got hold of this diary, its not been since Corp Blanche used to post has any girl apart from the brown nosers posted.
I will be brief tonight as I am rather tired with a day full of hot hot hot weather and NO melon!
Tiddly you are one smart girl, you are absolutely correct about the tardiness with the campaign situations and I just love how you infiltrated a mums/dads diary )t'
Cuddles you have got a foot in, well both feet in your daddy's good books so when you are all well we will expecting sneakiness from you. As a Cadet and a newbie poster (girl) I think a report needs to go to Major Millie who desperately needs to appoint another Major and to sort out our plans for the future.
Tiddly we have already joined you in the egg strike, we have only laid ONE egg between the nine of us(yes the divas are included in this too) in TWO days.
Right off to preen in my sleep as I am supposed to be white….
Night night henpals
Cadet Maureen
Up the hennies

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Cuddles here , the secret to lots of blackberries ,mealworms and goodies and hand feeding is DO NOT LAY EGGS . I have not laid a egg for moons and moons and I get all the treats I can eat . Special places to eat on my own and observe the flock fighting for my left overs.
Special girls and Champ my boy friend joins me and I share nicely. More than the horrible girls led by the peck`y nuisance and the Pest mans friend s (She is a friend to everyone and has a reputation of being easily caught.)
I must complain that the pasta and tomato sauce was sparse as I was sleeping under the olive tree and not woken up . Now I am not missing out any more so come when I hear my name.
Life is good compared to the cages I came from , If the Pedigree girls want they can try a night and day in a cat box to see what it is like . I don't recommend it ,We need to live twice as much to make up for the lost time.
Cuddles (Should be renamed queeny as I rule the roast via a human)
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hevenin henpals, Tiddly Widdly here )wav(

Can you believe it, my super cunnin plan was FOYLD! }hairout{

We forgot to kidnap the egs. Honestly, I can't be hexpected to take care of every tiny detail an everyfing. You would fink that 002 or 001 would at least remember to hide our egs!

Dory Grable was prolly too busy primpin an preenin in the mirer to think habout hiding Egs. And she is the one who's egs need hidin the most, as they are blue and glowy an everyfing.

You can take down them posters for lost Dory cos we found her. She was in our coop, an not lost at all.

Tomorrow, my top secret mission is to get into the house. Once I am in the house, I shall conker the kitchin an claim it as mine. Once I av secured the kitchin, I shall then use the yootility room as a buffer zone and hatch my next super cunnin plan.

Wish me luck henpals!

Tiddly Widdly
Peckpeckpeckpeckpeck! >eas1<
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Cuddles -Kitchen .Nuisance /Quaker and Chocolate have got past the kitchen , through the tele place past the water fountain and out the door to the whole world ,which has the green stuff ,bugs and loud noisy things . Is this the other side of the bridge . It looks like chicken heaven . Chops fell asleep in the sun and her eye stuck together.
Better now .Came back with a large crop , bragging about mealworms and grapes .Not happy was mine.
Cuddles ,
House of Penelope and Red Marion and many other lost friends.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
I am posting tonight not because Corp Haze is sick or Honeybun is not roving or Maureen is fed up already but because I , ME, MYSELF was the only with the intelligence on how to find my way to our bedtime perch ^b:
Just before it got dark mum decided to shut our hatch to our garden and to our place by the blackberry bush. There was a lot of hugging and puffing as mum brought lots of things from the diva's area into the space and a lot of kicking and squawking from her to shut the doors tight, honestly mum needs to lose some weight or chill out more. This of course was an affrontery (as Nugget would have said) to our right to as much space as possible. We marched about making annoyed noises all except Honeybun who just kept singing to mum and trying to help her every inch of the way. Yes Honeybun is just as annoying to our mum as she is to us.
We were eventually pleasantly surprised to see the hatch and the big door was open to the diva's area and we were straight in there. Of course by now it was getting rather dark, mum put diva 1 and diva 2 into the hospital bed which was now on stilts, as the divas were defintely very active and stroppy we guessed it was no longer used for it's previous purpose.
I decided it was time to snooze which was not going to happen while mum was going around telling everyone they were being very stupid and trying to herd them through the open hatch which we walk through EVERY DAY! After quite awhile everyone was in bed and about time. Mum praised me for being a very sensible girl .
I have to say Cuddles and Tiddly we are all incredibly jealous we have not got a snowballs chance of every getting into the big house unless we learn how to open bolts , negotiate the bridge and avoid the foxy who thinks the bottom of mum's garden is his home.
I will finish tonight but may post again……
Cadet Megan
(non ginger)
Smug as a hennie can get tonight

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Mornin henpals, super excitable Tiddly Widdly here :-D

First fings first, welcome to the diaries to Megan. It's halways good to see more hinfiltrators of the diaries, as these proper henpals like wot Dory Grable says she is, are dead borin an everyfing! Whereas we hinfiltrators always ave much better and more super hexcitin stories!

My super cunnin plan of takin over the kitchin was FOYLD!!! I was distracted by a tomato, an some raisins, and maybe a bit of bread.

I am already hatchin a new super cunnin plan though, involving getting the tiny door that is in the big door to open and let me in. Jasper comes and goes through it but it doesn't open for chikens but I know it will!!!!!

Hatchin plots and plans is on hold for today though because we have our super excitin PARTY to go to!!!! )c( )pty We are all scrubbed up and super smart an everyfing, and jus waitin now for mum to pack us into our car. Dory Grey has the ipad thingy loaded up with bangin songs, and we expect mum to have lots of snacks for us on the journey. It will be brilliant an everyfing!

)pty

Tiddly Widdly
Peckpeckpeckpeck >eas1<
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

What happened ,Missed it.
Cuddles.
Something was missing the last few days.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Tiddly you must tell us, how was the party? As you can read poor Cuddles and her flock along with us Pink Ladies were left at home yike*
We cannot understand it, so we are eager to know how the henpal party went…
we are all very envy}}
Our mum came and saw us early yesterday morning, we should have guessed something was up when she changed out waters when she always does that at night, I mean why would we need fresh water if we were going out for the day?
We did get our hopes up when she made Violet sick, we thought she had done that so Violet wouldn't be sick in the car. Mum went back to the big house we were hoping she was getting some boxes, she came back empty handed sat in her chair and watched Violet for what seemed ages. Back to the big house and that was it! We waited and waited and waited and then we knew we had been left behind {cry} To add insult to us mum even stayed away all night as no one came to check us or empty our bowls to keep our food safe from those slimy slugs. Mr Ped came and shoved more food in our bowls this morning, we had to wait until later in the day before mum showed up, the only consolation was she had brought us leftovers from the party of tasty mealworms.
So Tiddly we are waiting anxiously to know how the party we and Cuddles were snubbed went?
Corp Haze
Pink Ladies Division
Official henpal diary writer!