The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
What a sad time the henpals have been having recently with so many lost {hug&kiss}
WE need to have something to look forward to so I think we all need to make plans to have a bonanza party to celebrate Mystical Silkiebabes night on that date where the hoomans get all scaredy. I will rouse my troops if and when they let me get a place on the perch tonight, honestly I maybe number 6 in decorum order but I am the henpal that keeps us all in the henpal loop! Maybe I shouldve let Honeybun post in her isolation, I am sure she sleeps alone to have a rest from all the pushing her about. I am relying on you henpals as within my lot Eva is acting totally Eva Diva, Gracie spends all day making frog impressions, Maureen and Violet are under the weather(mum says that I dont understand it why dont they just stay in the office) , Megan has gone all vogue and Honeybun is well Honeybun!
ZZZZZ just managed to settle, the trouble is our house is lit up like a christmas tree as there are big bright lights and lots of yellow vehicles with lots of orange men messing about on the railway line!
Look forward to hearing from you all
Corp Haze
Pink Ladies Division
>ch<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Well helloo ladies & other boys, Bill here from Chickenopolous.
Firstly I wanted to show you this years latest best new feathers that I've just finished growing. Tadah! Image
There's been strange goings on at our Mum's house too! First mum & dad running about clearing things up & completely ignoring us chickens.Then this horrible day with loud music, big round rubbery things with "18" written on them that sometimes went bang, lots of noisy, clumsy people leaping about and laughing alot. I think our humans have gone delinquent, and they are a bad influence on the rest of the household too, look what's happened to the Nobear
and dear Misspiggy! Spotty told me she's turning into a punk rocker!
ImageImage
She better get fluffed up to her normal self soon, winter is coming Misspiggy!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals, or whatever…
Hello Bill +f+
Ooh my goodness I am so glad I grabbed the phone thingy from Le Haze, wowee. Did I mention Bill that MY feathers have all grown, they have grown in places where I never ever had them before unlike a certain Miss P!
I am sending you my photo for you to drool over
Megan the Meg {hug&kiss}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Hellllooooo Bill {hug&kiss}
Lovely photo Bill, still a bit unsure about the nobear yike* Miss Piggy its okay girl they will grow back, in the meantime you could sweep the coop out {rofwl}
It seems the house of Bob have gone on a jolly to a health farm although to me that sounds like a no treats place so I am in no way jealous. Tiddly you are obviously onto something with this morse code thingy, is this a plan for celebrations next mallow green evening?
Henpals as my Corp would say let us know your plans. Lottie and Dottie want mouse heads on the menu, not my first choice but then I am not a fine diner. We have 8 days so I will be out and about reporting on any ideas us and the Peds come up with…over an out for tonight dreaming of the magnificient Bill
Honeybun Pinkerton

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Under cover (well under hemp bedding) Honeybun signing in briefly. Plans are going well we reckon as mum has got 2 big orange ball like things along with long green yummy seedy in the middle cutlets ready for our party. WE have not been egging but like a good negotiator I laid one this morning.
It seems Dory has been doing a much better job than us having actual pies being offered through the magical narnia flappy door. Megan is not sure she wants any as mum always says Millie looks like she has eaten all the pies and Millie is a fatty!
Corp Haze is anxious to know what plans the Spice girls,Wiggy and Miranda, LIly and Molly,Portia and Bill and his girls have planned? We know the house of Bob are on a health farm and not able to communicate and we hope they enjoy their pellets, pellets and more pellets.
Over and out for now
Honeybun Pinkerton
Like the Gwen I am 007
spookily I am 7 of 9!
Honeybun
>ch<

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Evening henpals, Factual Investigator Corp Dory Grey here )wav(

I feel I can finally return to full Henpal duties now that my tail is nearly grown back. I couldn't post Henpal updates nearly in the buff! I hope Tiddly Widdly has been behaving with decorum in my absence? She tells me she has...

First things first - smashing pictures of Offishal Henpal Hunk Bill, and of course commiserations to MissPiggy, who I can sympathise with having been practically naked myself and that's a fact henpals! Not as naked as MissPiggy though, that girl sure knows how to moult dramatically!

I am celebrating my tail growing back by being more chatty and doing little cheeps for mum. Yesterday I felt so chirpy, what with the tail and everything, that I even climbed on her arm and sat on her knee for a bit.

I have mixed news to report. The bad news is that Jasper has become even more horrible and, sensing my natural shyness due to my deshabille, has been chasing me round the garden even more. Shocking lack of JasperWatch from Tiddly, who has this job due to being the bottom hen. This is because Tiddly spends all day now knocking on the teeny door in the big door, and sometimes I help out too. We are all agreed that this is an excellent plan, due to the teeny door sending out treats, apart from the JasperWatch of course. Chestnut won't take over JasperWatch as she's says it's beneath her as top hen (an all). She also won't do taps and knocks for the same reason.

Normally the teeny door sends out tomatoes and bread, but lately the mechanism has gone mad and it is now shooting out PIES! Delicious big fat juicy ones! We are expecting great things from the teeny door, especially over Halloween and Christmas.

I have done loads of factual investigation into this Halloween thingy and I'm not sure if it's good or not. I mean, we all like the sound of delicious pumpkin insides, but if it means ghosties and monsters and werewolves and vampires and zombies and witches banging on our door and scaring us all night, we'll we don't like the sound of that, and that's a fact henpals! I get quite enough scarifying from Jasper thank you very much! Tiddly is trying to figure out how she can turn into a ghostie so she can Woo-oooo through the teeny door in the big door and take possession of the house. She is working on a plan as we speak, she says, and has Tiddly-napped Nugget's Chicken Manifesto and Remie's Little Book Of Revlootions to get ideas. Alarming.

Must go and get my beauty sleep - tails don't just grow themselves you know!

Dory Grey
Factual Investigator
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Dory we have to know what are in these pies? We have never had pies envy}}
We did have a very very good pre mallow green. Mum said she would be off early and home late on the proper day of celebrations so we got a huge orange pumpkin on the day before in the morning, later we had porridge and seeds which mum popped in the now empty pumpkin skin so were were very happy, all except Maureen who is not a well girlie. Mum took her upto the big house tonight. This is always a worry as either you get treats never return yike* or as Maureen was on her last visit shoved down a loo! Megan reckons we need one of those so she can deposit her poo all ladylike and not have to stand in it when she has done some! Maureen says she had some lovely fishy cat food but couldn't eat it all, and then mum had the affrontery to give it to foxy, mind you I expect he thought his luck was in when mum walked passed him carrying Maureen.
I am not liking this dark all the time we are not getting our treats every evening anymore when mum comes home sometimes it is so dark we are all in bed. Of course Megan says this will help our beauty regime, to be fair she has now grown so many feathers she is a bit of a stunner, a true ugly duckling story.
I suppose now we will have to sort ourselves out for the other big celebration which involves ridiculous amounts of treats for the humans.
Must get some rest now as mum will be in early to put the lights on and sit with us for awhile, hmmm now why can't we have our treats then?
Corp Haze
Pink Ladies Division
>ch<
Ooh nearly forgot hello to Pippa and Sophie, LIly and Molly do not forget not to let them become uppity upstarts.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys )wav(
Oh my goodness we got some corn tonight because mum was home in the light. Maureen didn't get to have even a mouthful before she was picked up and secured in the BOX. The BOX means a ride to the vets so we were anxiously worrying if she would be at least away long enough for us to eat her share >ck< Maureen didn't come back until it was darkish, Violet,Eva,Megan and I were all tucked up on the perch with only Gracie and Honey looking for any remaining corn. She told us she had some yummy tuna fish even though she hasn't got to have any medicine >coc< She is under weight and flaking! We were confused by that but Megan consulted my phone and said Maureen would need some special shampoo. This was all a bit confusing as we never get shampooed, well Gracie does but only in a certain place! I have to say we were happy she has come back especially Honey who will retain her 007 status.
Corp Haze
Pink Ladies Division
>ch<

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Dory, Tiddly and Chestnut… THIS IS AN URGENT ALERT! After a bowl of porridge this morning and some juicy corn on the cobs we settled down to watch some tv, we all voted and agreed we wanted to see our heroine Ginger. Yes we have seen the film many times and half way through it dawned on us…PIES. Pies are BAAAAAD We are now terrified your mummy has taken in a lodger in the form of Mrs Tweedy yike* Chickens go in pies (and carrots but who likes them) we are now greatly concerned your mummy may be unaware of the precious contents of PIES and we are greatly concerned you may have eaten one , of us! What is really really worrying us is what happens when the lodger runs out of those chickens! Dory, now you are no longer Dory no tail we feel you must send Tiddly inside the tiny door of Narnia to observe and report back with details so that you may have the blueprint to destroy the machine, a task we are sure you will be able to undertake. Maybe you could persuade Jasper to help by convincing him (should be easy he isn't a hen) that he will become an ingredient in the near future?
Calling all henpals… Wigs are you still on your sabatical? for your inout to help thrwart and prove us chickens are NOT STUPID
Corp Haze
PInk Ladies Division
Chickens do PLAN
>ch<

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning Henpals and Boys +f+
Lily signing in.
First off thank you for all your kind words after we lost our Corp Marigold. Not the brightest in the ranks but was a good wing girl and fought my battles for me. Mum has told us she has gone to be with Ruby in the big sunny field in the sky.
On a different note we have been invaded by 2 new hens Sophie and Pippa. I have already explained to them that i am THE BOSS and that is not going to change any time soon and that Molly is now my wing girl.
They have been sleeping in our coop at night for the last few nights which i don't mind as it keeps me nice and warm but during the day i don't want them near me and give them a good peck. I have to be sneaky as mum shouts at me if i peck too hard.
I think the hoomans have gone a bit mad these last few days, mum put a big orange ball in our run with a face on it, i must admit we were all a bit scared of it and stayed away from it so she took it out again and the other night i could not get my beauty sleep with all the banging and flashing lights going on for half the night. I woke up in a bad mood and a headache.
Thats all for now.
Lily signing out. WE WILL NOT BE EATING ANY PIES yike*
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Well Lilly, dont worry I Bill of Chickenopolous am protecting my ladies from any unpleasant Tweedy pie business. Yesterday I reminded Mum that I was strong and brave and not for pies, I gave her a big kick and ran away so fast she couldnt catch me for minutes!!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere >ch<

Things is gettin desprit ere. We aven ad a pie for DAYS AN DAYS AN DAYS!!

Me an Dory ave been nockin on the teeny door in the big door the hole time an still no pies, so after readin yor note yesterday Haze, we - an I mean Dory Grey - as decided that this mus mean that we ave no Tweedy Pie Lady moved into our Big House wiv mum an everyfing. Because Dory says if we had the Tweedy Pie Lady livin in our house, we would ave pies comin out of our ears. Dory reckons this mus mean that the teeny door mechynism musta been broke and now is fixed, wot means it won't no longer chuck out pies but is back to chuckin out bread an tomatoes an other delicious bits but not pies {cry}

I think Dory Grey might be right because las week I succeeded in my mission to break in through the big door an take possession of the house! I was in the house for hages an hages an I had a right good look aroun everywhere, even up the stairs. An there was no signs of any Tweedy pie makin mechynisms, or in fact pies themselveses.

Sadly my plan to keep possession of the house was FOYLD due to dad chasin me away down the stairs an everyfing with a big massive bristly brush! BUT now that I ave sussed out the lay of the land an everyfing, I am atchin a plan to get back in and stay in this time. Because I ave bin readin Nugget and Remie's instructions about chicken revlootions an if I can keep possession of the house, we can turn it into a nenpal house where all enpals can come an live together in armony and collectivity an everyfing. An maybe we can lern to make our own pies, without henpals in em. )eat(

We are pretty sure that the pies we ad didn ave enpals in em, just to put all enpals minds at rest. They luked a bit brown inside and there was no feathers or beaks in em. Mum said they was snake an pygmy pies so that's alright.

It is excellent to hear Bill keepin the spirit of revlootion alive by kikin is mum on the legs an scarperin while protectin the ladies of chickenopolous from possible pies.

Lily, we also ave ad lots of round orange things an their insides appear the las week. We will only eat the seeds if mum peels them for us - she should know er place - but Dory Grey will nibble anyfing that is a fruit or vegtible an as been knockin it back like no-ones bisnis. She even luks a bit orangy yellow round the face an legs. Chestnut says this is because Dory isn laying egs wot with er never endin moult, but I reckon Dory is turnin into a wotever-these-big-round-orange-things are.

Gotta go, plans to atch!

Tiddly Widdly
Peckpeckpeckpeckpeck >eas1<
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

All henpals, yes that ALL henpals lets join in for huge >fi< for little Sophie from Lily's flock . Come on girlie you get well and stop worrying your flock and your mummy.
Corp Haze & Pink Ladies
Major Millie & Peds
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere )de:

Just a quikie to say we can't be avin sick enpals nockin round the place while there is serious enpal plots to atch and everyfing, so get well soon Sophie and get some of that lovely grub down yer neck. Us enpals ave got to keep our strengths up.

Excellent start to yor enpal career, gettin yer mam all worried an straight into treat-givin mode. We are all filled wiv admirations, wen we aren't filled wiv treats that is. )t'

Tiddly Widdly >ch<
Peckpeckpeckgurglepeck
Karen
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

hello Henpals.
This is Sophie signing in for the first time.
I am feeling better now and am starting to feel more at home. Molly and Lily have not been chasing or pecking me quite as much. I think it helps being in the garden so i can get away from them quicker.
I don't like the pellet things that they have been eating so i didn't eat much. Mum was really worried so she put lots of things in my bowl to try but i didn't like any of them either!
Later on she came down with something else and i tried that and loved it so i ate it all up, mum said it was her cereal. She must love me to give me her food.
I found my own way into the coop tonight and got comfortable before the rest poured in.
I am going to sleep now so will sign off.
Sophie.