The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Marian ,writing , Be on the look out some one sending my pictures out looking beaten up.
I am calling for Lara and she does not come very often and she only eats my treats.
Feeling abit lonely .
Marian down trodden girl on the Penelope flock Friend of Lara (Sometimes) andf Quaker.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+ (please be a good boy Bill)
Hello Marian )wav(
Honeybun reporting in. Very worried about our mum who we have been stressing out recently(well NOT ME) that Megan girlie who has nothing to do with me except of course lie everyone else put me in my place! Even the Peds have been contributing to mum's woes although we do not blame poor Naomi Num-Num bless her. I think mum was just so fed up today with Megan that she put her in a box and took her away despite the fact she was running about like a little yellow chicky thing. Well mum bought her home , Megan obviously did something right as mum cleaned out our office letting us help, shoved some banana smelling liquid down Megan's throat(yuck I HATE bananas) and sat in with us while we watched Chicken Run on mum's new phone.
Cadet Haze has gone a bit doolally and asked for get well wishes on our Rainbow Bridge forum, bit like sending a sympathy card before the get well card! Anyhow she has played a blinder as mum has made her a nice new bed for tonight so she stops pooing all over the office counter.
Off to exercise like Ginger and the girls now in training for the 5.30 treat time although we may be very limited as we are on wormy pellets again.
Honeybun Pinkerton
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Major Millie reporting in briefly to say how happy I am to hear Major Rembrandt is back in good pecking form. Bit worried about the wherabouts of Private Wiggy and would like to propose Cadet Haze upping ranks to a Corp, any seconders please poo write on a postcard and post on here
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Good afternoon henpals, Major Remie reporting in )wav(

Firstly, henpal good vibes are needed for the Flok of PenelopeRed, to Marian The Eyes, Lara and Sky. We hope Marian continues her eye recovery, we hope Lara stops being sick soon and we wish Sky stays healthy as long as she can.

Also continued get well wishes to Sally Ped, and also to Marilyn of the Flok of Hillier, who remains under the weather as our Offishul Mums Diary Reader Tiddly tells us.

We also wish Lav would stop fighting as we would hate to lose a Henpal Hunk, especially as Mistah Bill is still under a Verbal Warning for ungentlemanly like behaviour.

Secondly, I will second and Dory Grey will third and Chestnut and Tiddly will fourth Cadet Haze be promoted to a Corp as befits a diary contributor. Dory Grey is now asking if she can be a Corp too as she is a contributor, so do any henpal ranking offisers second this?

We have been having a lovely time lately. Now that the lovely sunbathy sun is back, we have been soaking up the vitaming D wot Dory Grey has factually researched and says is dead good for us an all. Everyone is chillaxin' in the sun (that's Tiddly's word, she is very street) and even Chestnut seems to have mellowed a bit since mum snuck into our coop and squirted us with goo (absloot liberty!)

Chestnut is slightly upset that her millions of very close best friends have all upped an left an all - have I told you all about Chestnut's imaginary friends? She said they kept her company in the chicken factory, but now that she has found freedom and is living a life of idyllicness and luxury an all, they said she doesn't need them no more so have all gone to save other unhappy chickens from the life of squalor and exploitation inherent in the neo-liberal capitalist system (that's how Nugget describes the chicken factories in the Chicken Manifesto)

Tiggly was slightly worried that a few of Chestnuts millions of friends would be left behind as she says they is dead skittery and itchy, but as me and Dory think they is imaginary, we can't imagine wot Tiddly is on about >coc<

We have been having some good treats days lately. None as good as the Best Ever Treats Day Ever of course - that can never be matched - but yesterday we had a lovely all-you-can-eat-grass-buffy off mum's legs. After all, it is sunny so will soon be barbecue time an all. The other night mum and dad sat on our patio with special drinks and I got up on their table to remind myself wot to do when they has barbecues. I am the only one wot remembers all this stuff you see, now that Casper and Tiddly and Nugget and The Ron have all gone, so it is left to me to educate the callow yoofs wot I now live with, in the ways of barbecue treat grabbing. Prawns are definitely the best barbecue treats to grab, especially when they are halfway down Jasper's throat - Tiggly always used to love doing that. And if you can grab a bun straight out of dad's hands, that's good too.

Anyway, must go and enjoy some more of that important vitaming-laden sunbathy sun!

Major Remie
Topping up my vitamings
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Henpals (and boys) +f+ Lily signing in.
Its been a while since i have posted as i have been busy with "chickeny" things that are most important that only a top hen can do, like tasteing all the treats first to make sure they are good enough to eat. That is if there are any left :oops: .
I am glad to report that Marigold is back with the troops and has worked her way up to second in command again. Poor Ruby is bottom again, but she did pick on Marigold when she first come back so she has been taught a lesson.
Mum has let us free range on all the new green stuff that tastes so nice but she got a bit cross when we made lots of holes in it and we had to go back in the run.
Ruby scared mum yesterday, she was laying on her side in the sun and mum thought she was ill and came running down the garden and made us all jump, including Ruby who just got up and wandered off not very happy as she was enjoying her snooze in the sun.
The silly girls Molly and Ruby try to roost on top of the coop at night now and mum has to come down and put them in the coop with us so they don't get cold at night. Silly girls i know where i would want to be when its cold and dark and that is snuggling down in the straw in my nest box!
Marigold and myself have had a long talk and have decided that we are not going to be laying any more eggs as we deserve a rest now we are getting older and are leaving that task to Molly and Ruby.
Just before signing off i would like to send get well vibes >fi< to all the Hen pals that are feeling under the weather at the moment.
Lily signing off to go and "sample" some more treats.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Marian spreading the word of the poor death of friend to Penelope and myself , LARA . fish food eater and friend to all .
I have decided to stay in the dog cage and be safe AWAY FROM CATCHY THINGS .
Suffer the neddle people , seems they are experimenting on me for the sake of chickendom.....
Keeping one eye closed as long as possible and pullijng faces at the flock through the windows of my new large coop.
Penelope ,lara , Chocolate and me ,old girls ,ex working and living (or lived ) a life of happy retirement and long may I have it.
Marian House (LITERALLY ) of Penelope and Red ,recently Lara now NOT MINE FOR SURE.....
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
CORPORAL Haze finally reporting in…..
First things first please all henpals join me in a big >fi< for Marilyn of the House of Hilly who is feeling very poorly.
Secondly welcome newly appointed Corporal Dory Grey to you new post, Major Millie agreed upon this posting for you very quickly, honestly we will be calling her Major Jabba very soon, she spends a LOT of time sitting upon the duckhouse spread out! While our mum was away she along with Duckhouse Cal and Candice slept up there all through the night. I would have found that very scary with only one lot of wire between me and the many Mr Foxes that prowl about our runs yike* This behaviour of course has been stopped by our mum. The Ped Girls have decided to turn it into a game and let mum put them to ed then sneak out again when she has locked the front door! Sometimes mum has to do this three or four times, never mind she needs the exercise. I dont see this activity of course as Gracie has finally got the message and left the office nestbox just for me. I did have a very nice treat before bedtime yesterday, I watched some tv on mum's lap and had a whole egg to myself in the big house. Mum kept encouraging me to perk up so she was spoiling me. This morning I was still under the weather , big mistake, no going up the house just a very undignified prod about my nether regions! To be fair this encourage a wiggly chewy like egg to slide out, phew the relief to get rid of that. I am very glad to say I am feeling all better now. This is more than can be said for the ratties yike* Mr Ped put lots of blue smarties in the tree trunk in the sparklie's home last week, this week he took a pickaxe to the trunk and told our mum he had found 2 ratties and half a rattie, yuck! Our mum spent all day monday neglecting us and picking out the blue smarties, which we guess are very forbidden treats. Then she put lots of cement on the parts of the tree where they were enbedded. The next morning we all gingerly walked around a huge dead rattie by the office door which mum thankfully removed. When mum put me to bed after my trip up the house there was another huge dead rattie in our run! MUm in much need of doing some chilling with us today( hmmm not sure what that means as when Eva and Honeybun sit on her lap they say she is rather warm and cosy) . We all sat around her with Eva and Honey on her lap, even Megan and Maureen sat by mum , everyone infact except Violet who was preening in our garden. Violet started making that danger sound, we were all quite relaxed so we just looked up, mum told Violet to hush it was probably foxy who wasn't going to get in to us. Maureen got up and went into the garden and just stared. Mum turfed Eva and Honey off of her lap and went to have a look, whoa mum ran into the office and got out
corn and it was way too early for treats. She chucked it about in the other run , grabbed a box and her gloves and shut us in, which was okay because as you know corn is very yummy. Violet and Maureen told us it was another huge rattie but this one was was moving! Mum took him out in the box which we were all very glad about.
We and mum are expecting more but hoping very much so that we dont.
Honeybun is very concerned about Chestnut having nightmares, she reckons if she went roving and did some reporting it may take her mind off of it, our mum had a real nightmare having a fight with 250 girlies on sunday, we thought we would have some new sisters but of course the sparklies must have their own space, not sure why because they spend all day in bed, when they do appear they make silly noises and stomp about! Prima donnas the pair of them.
Marian you have found a fan in Violet who herself does not like mixing. We dont understand this as we are a nice bunch of girlies, and you Marilyn have boys envy}}
Lily we are so glad Marigold is continuing to be very well.
Must get my rest now henpals
Corp Haze
Pink Ladies Division
Come on Marilyn girlie xxxxx

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Marian reporting in, After 2 months of house spying , I have been thrown out into the garden . I am being stand offish and insisting I sleep on my own .
Treat supply reducing , attention and telly cut off.
Have started crying and looking sorry for my self ,no good . Back to drawing board .Escape commitee meeting in the run at midnight .
Marian (It was good while it lasted )
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

It is with great sadness that I have found, on finally logging in after all this time, that today Major Remie has gone over the Bridge to join our illustrious fallen Henpal comrades. It is a very sad day indeed.
Major Remie was a very special Henpal and her brilliant dispatches will be greatly missed on our Henpal diary.

As such, we will not be posting any of our news this week as originally intended, and will instead be holding a vigil.
Our thoughts are with her Flok and her mum, and her Jasper.

Wishing good health to all the Henpal girls and boys.

Capt Wiggy Woo, very sad and subdued
HPSaucies
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

We will join Capt Wiggy in a silent respect to the loss of the wonderful, funny, witty , well worthy of the rank of Major in the sad loss of our henpal favourite Rembrandt. We also include the lovely Sky from the house of Bob in our sorrow {hug}
Love to Remie's and House of Bob flocks and their mummy and daddy.
Major Millie & The Peds
Corp Haze & The Pink Ladies
Truly a very sad time henpals {hug&kiss}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh Henpals this is all getting too much {cry} We would like to send our respects to the loss of the lovely Marilyn {hug} At least Marian and Marilyn will be meeting the Major for their journey and will be all in excellent company
Major Millie & The Peds
Corp Haze & The Pink Ladies

Please could all henpals send lots of >fi< to Pink Lady Violet please for her operation on thursday,
thankyou….Haze

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Marian , still here , Poor Lara went over the bridge .
Missing her so much , not myself and looking poorly.
Marian house of Penelope and Red , lara and all those before.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hens teeth henpals we of course meant Lara from the House of Bob :oops: Qe wish Marian all the >fi<
Major Millie

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

The flock of Lily would like to send lots of >fi< >fi< to Violet for her operation today.
Lily.
HilierWard
Lively Laner

Post by HilierWard »

Queenie signing in for the first time - here's a photo of me. Dad calls me fat, but Im not, its all feathers and fluff!

>fi< Good luck Violet (Ive not been to them needle and anaesthetic smelling people), but Marilyn did (lots of times). We are all still looking for her - it is too quiet without her - she never shut up talking. {cry}

Anyway, mum will be home from work soon, so there will be grapes that need to be eaten - Im off, I need to make sure I squark at the very first sign of her (or the squeeking of the door - but she doesn't know that gives her away) - so don't tell her, henpals