The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by kitla »

Helloo Haze, helloo Dorygray, Misspiggy of Chickenopolous here with very exciting tales of my adventure. I think mum took pity on me cos I keep trying to escape through the door when she comes in, so she picked me right up and took me on a trip all round the garden and the house. We saw all the places I'd nearly forgotten were there. Here are my holiday pics. "see you later"
Here's the garden, and the shed...and the logpile
This is the greenhouse and...ooh ooh the compost heap, please mum can we stop here and play?!
Eek its the Nobear, hold me tight mum. "Sit! nobear, very good"
and now the human house. This is where dad lives
I like it in here, it's sunny and I can see the garden.
Then mum took me back home & the others listened while I told them about my adventure.
Image I bet they're jealous
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Piddly ere )wav(

Cor blimey MissPiggy, wot a nexitin nadventure you have been avin round your garden an the big hooman house. Seein yor hinformative postcards of yor hexitin nadventure as given me a brilliant idea as them postcards are full to the brim of hinterestin and hinformative hintelligence about the big houses an I reckon if we could get mum to take one of us on a tour round the garden an house, we could gather loads of himportant hintelligence in preparation for us takin possession of the big house wen we get through the tiny door in the big door - wot I admit feels like it will never appen as we CONTINUE to remain illegally an unfairly incinerated in ar runs {mr.angry}

We ave tried all enpal tactics as outlined in Nugget's Chiken Manifesto and Remie's Little Book of Revlootions, as well as porin over Gwen Hen's diary entries to spot any brilliant tactikal tips, an we even made up a few of our own. We tried all the followin - ignorin mum when she comes in the run; egg strikes an go slows; attemptid break-outs (Chestnut is partikerly good at them); massive poo-ins especially by me on mum's legs. We even tried a fake Dory Grey kidnap agen yesterday but we was FOYLD wen mum wen in ar coop an found her sittin on a negg in the nest }hairout{

All to no havail enpals {cry}

Ar las resort is to try Michael Caine/Blackie's tactik of frostbite - me an Dory ar gonna let Chestnut nibble ar combs in order to fool Mum into thinking we ave got frostbit, an then she will be so worried about us an overcome wiv grief an everyfing that she will let us out at last. It's a foolproof plan, wiv the added benefit of already bein tried out by Blackie so we know it works )t'

Wish us luck enpals! It's #libertyornoffin!

Tiddly Widdly Piddly
Peckpeckpeckbokbitepeckpeck
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

BILL HERE, I HAVE TO SHOUT BECAUSE OF ALL THE NOISE!!
WE'RE SCARED (well everyone except me of course :oops: ) There's wailing and shaking and crashing and creaking and Mum's pots are flying across the garden. We of Chickenopolous are in a group hug with our eyes shut, pretending we are under the big green bush, next to the tall fence, where we always USED to go when it was like this.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Quaker here , its the return of the flocks gone over the bridge to get us all free Horay
Quaker .
So far the wire s have still held.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere >ch<

WE IS FREE! FREE!!!!!!! FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

#sweetsweetfreedom

)c(
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello henpals, Dory Grey, Factual Investigator, here )wav(

Our sweet, sweet freedom has been taken away )gr:

And if that weren't bad enough, we have a new arch enemy who - to add insult to injury - has been given the run of OUR garden. The cheek of it. Absloot liberty, as the well-known phrase goes. It's another ferocious, snarling beast who I just know will follow me round the garden and jump out of undergrowth at me, like Jasper did. We have had strong words and glares through the fence at this terrifying beast, and I have had strong words with Tiddly about levels of MarleyWatch when we regain our sweet, sweet freedom.

Still, on the positive side, we have resumed full Tiny Door Knock duties and are once again enjoying the tomatoes, bread and yummy fruity christmassy bread that the Tiny Door dispenses. We have even managed an incursion into the house, which delighted Tiddly no end, until we were enticed out with a big chunk of delicious christmassy bread. She reckons our short attention spans and propensity to being easily bribed with treats is our biggest tactical weakness and apparently we all have to work on this. This is rich, henpals, as she is the absolute WORST at this!

That's all for tonight henpals

Dory Grey signing off for the night
#libertyornoffinagain #abslootliberty
Karen
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello henpals, Dory Grey here )wav(

The snarling ferocious furry monster that has moved into our garden seems to also be living in the big hooman house and most disturbingly, has FULL USE OF the magic tiny door yike* This of course is extremely worying news, as the terrifying beast might nick all our treats and any pies before we get a chance to catch them as they pop out of the Tiny Door. Very worrying times henpals.

On a brighter note though, we have our sweet, sweet freedom back )c(

And today was a special day as Mum told us that we were having a special visitor - the chickenopolous mum was coming by to take our horrible wormy pellets back to the Opolouses )loo( - sorry Opolouses! So of course we were beyond excited to think that we were going to get a visit from MissPiggy and Gibby and the rest of the gang, not forgetting - as if we could! - the hentastic Bill! So me and Chestnut scrubbed up our best feathers, and Tiggly tried to scrub hers up but as she hasn't moulted hers are always scruffy scrappy things. And we stayed on our ever so best behaviour but guess what henpals!

NO BILL!!!!!! )gr:

This is beyond the pale! We immediately registered our displeasure by banging on the Tiny Door but honestly, all we could hear was gales of laughter from inside. How very dare they??

On a sadder note, we hear that things have become very tough in the Pink Flock with recent losses and the continuing ill-health of Hazel, who we hear is very very poorly indeed and needs all our henpal wishes. We hope the Hunnybunny is okay and gives us a full status update soon. If the worst has happenmed and Haze has passed over the Bridge, Hunnybunny will need lots of virtual henpal company as she will only have the two teeny tiny sparklies for company, and the Pink Mummy of course, and the Peds as well who we are sure are still getting over the tragic loss of Major Millie. So lots of henpal vibes needed for the Pinks.

Dory Grey signing out
With my dignity intact in spite of gales of laughter
Karen
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Bill here from Chickenopolous. We dont like those new pellets much, I decided to go on a diet until the nice ones come back, but then mum gets out this half a packet of rather yummy stuff, full of bugs & mealworms and stuff. Mum said it was a present from Dory, Chestnut & Tiddly Widdly in the Free Zone. Mum said they made her laugh alot, not like my ladies who, like me, are still rather fed up and bored of not being allowed in the garden. The most exciting thing that's happened this week is when Spotty disappeared and came back later with clean pants, muttering something about bubbles, towels and hot air blowing about. :?
--Immanuel Kant
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Pellets for breakfast first thing
I had to wait my turn
Water poured to make some soft
I had to wait my turn
Broccoli,pomegranate,courgettes
I had to wait my turn
Corn on the cobs one for each
I had to wait my turn
Night time treats,corn and mealworms
I had to wait my turn
Stones turned over, worms galore
I had to wait my turn
Pecking dirt from mum's shoes
I had to wait my turn
Sleeping on perches out in the air
I never got a turn
Breakfast,veggies and treats, climb where I want, sleep where I want
Oh how I wish I had to wait my turn
{cry}
Honeybun Pinkerton
Night night my lovely Haze
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Bootiful pome to remember ar lovely Haze, HunnyBunny )t'

We know you is missin er like somfink crazy, so we send all ar hugs an wishes to you

Dory Grey as been doin some factual investergation an as discovered hexitin news pertainin to the Pink Ladies, so we luk forward to a full deebriefin from new tophenanall Hunnybunny hin due course

News from ar flok - the mad furry terrifyin creature wot as Dory Grey all spooked an everyfin is now loose in ar garden at the same time we is, an this Dory Grey sez is a nabsloot liberty. We ave all been very clear wiv this snarlin beast right from the off, and ave layed down the lore an everyfing already sos the monster knows not to chase us round the garden, specially Dory Grey.

So far we ave all hescaped unscathed excep for Chestnut oo is stilll traumatised from er breef encounter wiv the jaws of death - the scary Marley thing SNIFFED CHESTNUT'S BUM!! yike* Chestnut is now beside erself.

Persinly I feel sorry for the Marley creature, cos Chestnut's bum is a right mess at the minite, an I woulden want my nose anywhere near it!

My campaign to get into the hooman house continues an so far we ave ad very little success. I might try another fake kidnap plot, only this time I might fake kidnap the Marley creature! If I can figure out a cunning plan...

On the positive side though enpals, I am appy to report that the tiny door is back on full treat dispensin duties an today as knocked out more PIES!!! )app( TWO pies! That's one for each of us!

An they were the best kinds of pies enpals - nothin funny an brown wiv gravy in the middle, but pies filled wiv more lovely crunchy pie!

Appy days ere in the House of the Revlootion!

Tiddly Widdly
Wishin all enpals elf an appiness, specially if they ave uppity upstarts or scary Marley monsters invadin them
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello…. Ssssh I have managed to get hold of a THE communication device while the BOSS is asleep in the cottage.
I am trying to make contact with a certain Dorey Grey and an elusive Wiggy Woo. I am using this device while I can see from under my comb..
ooer must get the device back now before the BOSS finds I have it

Fay
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Woo Woo! The clan is taking over the HenPals (shhhh... let's just keep this to ourselves)

As senior Woo, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Wonderful World of Online Woo-ishness. I was going to say woo-ing, but then we're just talking about batting our eyelashes (such as they are) at Bill +f+

We have been allowed outside of late. I'm not madly fussed, but Miranda has had a taste of freedom and now she can't get enough. I heard mum muttering about bum washes, and I know it's Mirry who is for a dip, cos her bum looks filthy, while mine is all fluffy and clean and lovely.

Wiggy Wiggleton Woo
of the Stealthy Woo Clan
And the HP Saucies
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Calling all Woos... calling all Woos...

This is the secret official diary of the WooPals. Our numbers are swelling, positively SWELLING! And our brilliant disguises of being mild-mannered and a teeny bit comical is working a treat, as nobody suspects our true cunning and the fact that we very quietly and efficiently work our way up to infiltrate important coop positions like top hen an all like Wiggy Woo, and 002 like me (Dory Grey Woo) and we know that newcomer Fay Woo will do the same.

#UptheWoovolution!

Dory Grey
Secret Sisterhood of the Woos
Karen
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

We are now owls at the flock of Penelope and Red .
Owls have the dusky bit of the day . We put our disguises on and fly out the gate and woo ourselves round the garden. This is totally unofficial and we deny it to any official that stick their heads over the high fences. Desmond is on look out , not much good as is head is in the dirt . Been told by Quaker ,passed on by Frog that our numbers are going down . Quaker gets this by sharing her feast of food at every opportunity .
Days are getting longer and we needs our freedom soon as cell cramp is happening .
Cuddles, the flock of Penelope and Red . (We is less now than the flock over the BRIDGE.)
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere >ch<

It sounds as if like all floks apart from mine needs flok sustainability plans an everyfing, to counteract all this ere news about floks gettin smaller. The downide, Dory Grey sez, is it means loads of huppity hupstarts like wot we were wen we arrived. But as I pointid out, we is now proper henpals an not huppity hupstarts at all. Dory then sed that was because she an Remie (#maysherestinpeace) did loads of hintensive trainin for me an Chestnut. Chestnut disagreed an then we ad a massive fight.

It diden last long, as the tiny door started knockin out treats, an you can't fight over silly things wen there's treats to fight over!

An now onto MarleyNews.

VICTORY IS OURS!!!

The terrifyin Marley creature was botherin mum in the gardin, obviously up to no good. So I legged it right up the gardin, miles an miles it was, to chase it away. And Chestnut ad er revenge an all - because the Marley beast sniffed Chestnut's bum the hother day, I pecked Marley's bum yesterday!

Nobody messes wiv the henpals

Tiddly Widdly
Peckpeckpeckbokpeckpeck >eas1<
Karen