Jem's Little Gems

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Jem's Little Gems

Post by jemberelli »

Horrendous winds, driving rain and hail & 3 days of not quite fluey type illness = very slow progress. However, we have almost finished putting the mesh on. I thought it was weld mesh but it is actually plastic coated chicken wire which meand billowing wire, not nice taut wire. The more I look at it, the more I hate it! Really need to get some chooks in quickly so I don't think about how awful it looks }hairout{

Should be finished tomorrow, weather permitting. Shame it's Christmas next week, will interfere with my chook shopping >ch< )t( >eas1<
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Should be finished tomorrow, weather permitting. Shame it's Christmas next week, will interfere with my chook shopping >ch< )t( >eas1<[/quote]
LOve it {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Well, the run was finally finished on Boxing Day thanks to my long-suffering hubby! It's a terrible time of year for buying chooks so I have been resigned to a bit of a wait.

However, hubby got the bit between his teeth today and found somewhere very local so off we went for a look... 6 chooks are now getting used to their hastily 'dressed' run! They are only babies and quite nervy so I sat in with them for a while then left them to it. I went out later and they had found their beds and settled down for the night! I am soo chuffed! )t'

Yay, finally my diary has some chickens in it!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

The weather here has been horrendous and the girls have pretty much kept to themselves inside the shed. They are still very nervy but I have not had time to spend much time with them today as we had visitors. They got some lovely long, feathery carrot tops this afternoon which went down a treat. Will spend some time in the run tomorrow so they can start getting used to me. So happy to have chooks again & can't wait till their individual characters and personalities start to show!
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

They look lovely girls :-D Wishing you a long and happy friendship with them )t'
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Jem so glad you have a new little family, they look gorgeous girls )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Beautiful girls! You must be overjoyed. There's one thing missing from your run i think - a chair/bench!

I hope it's waterproofed with this awful weather we're having?
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Chair will be going in today Karen! No waterproofing unfortunately but there is a sunshade to go over a third of it - not sure what use it will be but may help a little.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Chair/bench total must )t'

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Chair/bench total must )t'

Plus )hic(
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Got the 'sunshade' on today so will see whether it keeps any rain out or not. Chair is in position )t' I bought them a sprout stalk from the farm shop but they weren't very sure what to do with it, bless them! I was going to hang it up but am short of strong enough twine and didn't want it falling off and braining them!!

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

They do look very confused {rofwl} Mine wont touch sprouts which is a pain as I love them

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

When I went out this afternoon they had had a good go at the sprouts - phew! I need the wind and rain to tittle off so I can spend a bit more time with them now, little cuties {hug}
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

awww they look grand

I cant wait for warmer weather as i love sitting out with them and watching them get up to no good )t'

theyll be following round everywhere in no time and youll all be the best of buddies!
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

How are the girls settling in? >ch<
Karen